I want to hear your most controversial Opinion about Stardew!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Penny is a better friend than wife.
Haley + Alex + Sam + Leah = Elliott. I have no idea why I'm not married to him yet. Also: Piano & beachfront property. Wow.
I don't get fuzzy vibes from Krobus. There will be a leg-wrestling competition for the attempt to change my opinion.
The Henchman is the most huggable NPC in the game. I must marry him and feed him Void Mayo.
Willy is a far better businessman than Pierre as he's just more clever about hiding his reselling tracks.
The Wizard is not Abby's father.
The Farm is not intended to be a city!!! It should filled with all the chaos of everyday Farm life and a minimum of right angles.

Wrong angles is where it's at.

1. Marriage is not a goal but a journey. Otherwise it is not important.
2. Galaxy Sword is overrated.
3. Daily Show is overrated... Don't wait on your lucky day,,,,
4. I secretly want to marry Krobus. I like the idea of how platonic love is slowly turning into romantic love.
5. I wish that all the bachelors/bachelorettes stop flirting me. – I find it disrespectfulll.... :sweat: Let's stay be friends...

LRangerR

Local Legend
Big giant +1 on that right there, it bugs the heck out of me. I wish there was a platonic flag that triggers different bachelor/ette dialog, even just back to 5 heart level?, when you get married or Krobie moves in.
This is actually a really good idea.

Regarding the OP, i thought most people thought the fruit bat cave was better than the mushroom cave. In fact, I don't think any of the OP's opinions are controversial at all actually. I don't even think Shane thinks he's a good bachelor.

CrazybobC

Sodbuster
This is actually a really good idea.

Regarding the OP, i thought most people thought the fruit bat cave was better than the mushroom cave. In fact, I don't think any of the OP's opinions are controversial at all actually. I don't even think Shane thinks he's a good bachelor.
Here's another. . . Demetrius is a bad dad and Sebastian is an overrated bachelor. Though, his dnd heart event is pretty sweet.

Planter
I don't get fuzzy vibes from Krobus. There will be a leg-wrestling competition for the attempt to change my opinion.
I'm with you here. I feel nothing, and I mean nothing, about Krobus. He (they?) could as well be a chair or something, I wouldn't have any different feelings.

As for another controversial opinion (I think), I'd say there are at least four people in the valley that exhibit Autism Spectrum Disorder symptoms. And Demetrius is my least favourite of all of them (talking as an Aspie myself).

sdv091

Greenhorn
Joja and Morris aren't that bad. I think people get caught up in what they're supposed to represent, and not what's actually presented in-game. Because in-game they do nothing but help the town. Are they motivated by profit? Sure. But not to a greedy or destructive extent like Pierre or Lewis. Those two are not only greedy, but lazy and incompetent as well. Morris is at least hard working and intelligent.

hexnessie

Farmer
I think Lewis has been a great major for Pelican Town. Despite the limited budget (nearly no productive businesses until you arrive), the town has a big, public library, a pool and spa available to anyone free of charge, regular festivals, a train station, and a well maintained beach. The bus only breaks down after you get there so it hadn't been out of order that long.

ETA: Plus Lewis takes personal interest in his constituents, talks to them and visits them frequently.

MissDandy

Farmer
I think Lewis has been a great major for Pelican Town. Despite the limited budget (nearly no productive businesses until you arrive), the town has a big, public library, a pool and spa available to anyone free of charge, regular festivals, a train station, and a well maintained beach. The bus only breaks down after you get there so it hadn't been out of order that long.

ETA: Plus Lewis takes personal interest in his constituents, talks to them and visits them frequently.
He also doesn't collect tax dollars from the farm:thumbsup:

hexnessie

Farmer
As for another controversial opinion (I think), I'd say there are at least four people in the valley that exhibit Autism Spectrum Disorder symptoms. And Demetrius is my least favourite of all of them (talking as an Aspie myself).
Funny, I'm AS too and Demetrius is my absolute favorite! I kind of think Robin is a bit of a horrible person, not willing to undertake the least bit of effort to adjust to leaving (ETA: LIVING!) with someone non-neurotypical. It was a really painful scene when she told Demetrius he's not a normal person.

Well, maybe that's because I heard the same words directed at me often enough that I can't really like Robin and root for Demetrius...

CrazybobC

Sodbuster
Joja and Morris aren't that bad. I think people get caught up in what they're supposed to represent, and not what's actually presented in-game. Because in-game they do nothing but help the town. Are they motivated by profit? Sure. But not to a greedy or destructive extent like Pierre or Lewis. Those two are not only greedy, but lazy and incompetent as well. Morris is at least hard working and intelligent.
I was gonna say this one as well but I didn't want to be ripped apart on my second day on the forums. 😂

FairyRing

Farmer
I Love outdoor slime ranching (as per Abby's request) all it serves to do is escape slimes and let you see what it feels like to be mobbed my a tsunami of slimes! (has anyone seen the slimes reproduce? its kinda cute.)
Penny and Maru are a secret couple.
Perhaps Linus and the Wizard have something going on.
It bugs me that Lewis won't come out publicly about him and Marnie.
Elliot and Leah are best friends who moved form Zuzu City together.

Last edited:
Penny and Maru are a secret couple. Perhaps Linus and the Wizard have something going on. It bugs me that Lewis won't come out publicly about him and Marnie. Elliot and Leah are best friends who moved form Zuzu City together.
Not a popular opinion out there. I like your idea very much.
I guess Penny and Maru can become compatible lovers in another SV universe.
They are both extremely intelligent people in the town, and they would listen to each other although they are both different.

Penny and Sam's relationship is possibly based on opposite attraction in CA's world.
I doubt that Sam would have the level of understanding in Penny's situation...

Edit:
Another unpopular opinion is:
> Penny should befriend Elliot because she needs more mature friend than Sam.
On the other hand, Penny and Elliot are both bookworms.
> Leah and Emily should befriend to each other because they are both creative.
> Harvey and Alex should hang out with each other more because a jock needs a doctor.
> Sam and Haley should be friends because they are the only blonde in the town. LoL, I think they can become a great couple.

Last edited: