I want to hear your most controversial Opinion about Stardew!

LRangerR

Local Legend
We will not be giving any comments at this time.
Joja and Morris aren't that bad. I think people get caught up in what they're supposed to represent, and not what's actually presented in-game. Because in-game they do nothing but help the town. Are they motivated by profit? Sure. But not to a greedy or destructive extent like Pierre or Lewis. Those two are not only greedy, but lazy and incompetent as well. Morris is at least hard working and intelligent.
I think that if people played the different versions of Stardew, they'd see a mark-ed difference in character for many differnt NPCs. Pierre and Lewis being the most pronounced. 1.3 Lewis/Pierre were really not that bad. They got significantly worse in 1.4 and even worse in 1.5. If you can find those versions i suggest playing them because the characters were SO vastly different

Boo1972

Farmer
Caroline never slept with the Wizard. Abigail is either the result of a spell gone wrong or Caroline is the witch.
Penny’s behavior after marriage is the most like a real life relationship.
A lot of the things that happen in Pelican Town- magic bears, slimes, ghosts- don’t happen elsewhere in the Ferngill Republic.
Mr. Qi is a creeper.
Grandpa and Evelyn had some kind of special relationship, not necessarily a sexual one but a bond of some kind.
Linus lives in woods alone to escape himself. Edit: and the things he’s done.
I have also always thought Penny and Maru are secretly a couple.
Most the the implied couples (Seb and Abigail, Haley and Alex) would be terrible together.
George is my spirit animal.
The children of Pelican Town, including Leo are remarkably well adjusted for kids who have been through life altering trauma.
The witch isn’t at all wicked.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
That might explain why Linus says he knows so much about the mines and why he's usually there to rescue you if you get reduced to 0 hit points in them.
I don't remember who came up with the theory before, but it's been kicked around this forum before by someone else.

Reactions: Tom
Ohohoho, I've got some that will raise a few eyebrows...

- Caroline is the Wizard's daughter, not Abigail. She's the only other person in town with an unnatural hair color, and since the Wizard is, well, a wizard, we have no idea how old he is.
-Clint and Pierre are good characters, and I like them. I hate it when people frame that one heart event as Clint "spying on Emily from the bushes", when it's clearly stated that's not what was going on. They're both nice guys, even if they are a bit pathetic in their own little ways.
-Shane, Sebastian, and Penny are by far my least favourite of the bachelors/bachelorettes.
-The hilltop farm isn't actually that bad, you just have to be creative and resourceful with your placements.

Pluffy

Planter
1: Pierre is one of my favorite characters, enough my affection for him did slide down once I found out WHY I was vibing with him. (It was just his deign.)

2: People are reading waay too much into Lewis and then hating him for it. (Apart from his relationship with Marnie.)

3: Still I don't want Marnie and Lewis to break off, I do ship them I just think Lewis needs character devotement and realizes he should be public off it, I intent to write a
fanfic for that one day.

4: I prefer the Dwarf over Krobes (I just have a thing for dwarven characters lol.)

5: I don't hate any character; I do think Jodi is pretty meh though.

Last edited:
I like the theory that Caroline is the Wizard's daughter... It's unique! 🤔
I like Jodi, but I do not think she is even in the slightest prepared for what Kent went through. So when he comes home, she is blindsided and really unprepared.
I find it's creepy that Linus sits in front of the bath house! Is he making a list of who uses it or something???

I really need to sit and think of good controversial stuff, but that might demand more focus than I generally have... All the squirrels!!! 😅

imnvs

Local Legend
My opinion: The people around here that believe, for whatever reason, that any citizens of Pelican Town (except Morris) are bad people are wrong. Everyone in SDV (besides Morris) is a lovable delight, a person that would never knowingly hurt another person. This especially goes for Haley and Pierre, two people that I think receive the most undeserved hate. I mean, ffs, people are more willing to forgive Shane than either of them it seems, and that's the hardest sell for me... and not because I think him being an alcoholic is worse than being shallow or greedy, but because he tracks mud around the house.

I think Morris's character may have been intentionally underdeveloped. All in an effort to make "choosing" easier for the player...?
But I really like that point of view @imnvs for the most part very vanilla character is a whole some person and they have their character development.
In fact, the only character that I can even say that I might actually hate... Well, that's a mod to put in a new character and it was misrepresented in the about the mod section. To some degree I worry that people are too prone to negative judgements. But that may just be my personal issues playing in the mix...

Alright there I go:
  1. I was never a fan of Shane or Sebastian, they are extremly unlikeable if you ask me
  2. Caroline is the wizard's daughter (She has unnatural hair, she knows wizard and Pierre got jealus on things that were unrelated) while Abigail's hair never fades because she has wizard in her anchestry (I spelled it right?) and she can cast spells.
  3. Penny asked Maru out but Maru rejected her since she is straight. They are on good terms.
  4. Joja are the evilest thing in existance
  5. Maru is actually a nice person rather than annoying.

CrazybobC

Sodbuster
Alright there I go:
  1. I was never a fan of Shane or Sebastian, they are extremly unlikeable if you ask me
  2. Caroline is the wizard's daughter (She has unnatural hair, she knows wizard and Pierre got jealus on things that were unrelated) while Abigail's hair never fades because she has wizard in her anchestry (I spelled it right?) and she can cast spells.
  3. Penny asked Maru out but Maru rejected her since she is straight. They are on good terms.
  4. Joja are the evilest thing in existance
  5. Maru is actually a nice person rather than annoying.
Penny is definitely a little queer. Shane makes me so uncomfortable. Before marriage he's fine but afterwards he just has some really creepy/unsettling dialogue. I've never thought about Caroline being the wizard's daughter. Interesting.