Solved [HELP] Game Crashing when loading save file

Ok ill try to fix it on my own :thumbsup:
Here's a link on how to fix your saved filed

Ok ill try to fix it on my own :thumbsup:
As Laissez_Faire_Farming mentioned; checking &/or posting the error log here would be helpful.

Log locations:
Windows:
%appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs
Mac: ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
Linux: ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.

As I was able to load your save without issue on my end.

Last edited:
Could you also help me with my save file. It just won't load on me everytime i load it it keeps on crashing over and over, I tried looking for some other ways but it just won't load.
See my comment above. Like Ram, your save loads fine for me. You may have the same bug as Amajzng, and everyone that Mouse listed here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/post-unmodded-1-5-5-beta-save-crashes-here.9421/

You'll want to fill out the questionnaire Mouse posted so we can get to the bottom of this.

dmankh

Greenhorn
Good day, dear sirs and madams!
I hope you can help with solving issues of constant crashes of my save file.

The game is contstantly crashing after I load my save, like 10-15 seconds after the save has been loaded, and I am getting the message "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values" in the error logs. The game is unmodded, it is my first playthrough, it's a standard farm with no multiplayer.
I tried the instructions found here on this forum but nothing has worked so far, including loading the backup save from the previous day, as well as verifying files through Steam.
The first and last error logs, as well as the save file, are attached in the archive.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Good day, dear sirs and madams!
I hope you can help with solving issues of constant crashes of my save file.

The game is contstantly crashing after I load my save, like 10-15 seconds after the save has been loaded, and I am getting the message "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values" in the error logs. The game is unmodded, it is my first playthrough, it's a standard farm with no multiplayer.
I tried the instructions found here on this forum but nothing has worked so far, including loading the backup save from the previous day.
The first and last error logs, as well as the save file, are attached in the archive.

Thank you in advance!
See this thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/multiplayer-crashes-entering-barn.9940/
Recent update seems to be causing crashes for some of us.

ashucado

Newcomer
please help! my file also suddenly stopped working, after the load screen, selecting the save crashes the game. i made another save and it seemed to work just fine so there is only a problem in this file. i got so attached to my save and how far ive progressed pls mouse take a look at it

Attachments

Hi mouse can you do the same to mine please. What do i need to send to you
Hi, if you still need help zip up your save & post it here. You can find it with the instructions on this link: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files

please help! my file also suddenly stopped working, after the load screen, selecting the save crashes the game. i made another save and it seemed to work just fine so there is only a problem in this file. i got so attached to my save and how far ive progressed pls mouse take a look at it
Howdy, I took a look at your save. And, it loads fine for me after renaming the folder back to normal.

If you're trying to play in a separate copy of your save; you need to edit the files so the game thinks they're a brand new character.
The wiki has some instructions on doing this: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Duplicate_a_save

MR.DEER

Greenhorn
Thanks for the log, and save. Here's a fixed save attached below.

Seems to have been a few missing/broken tags in the save.
The game's '_old' backup had the intact data. So, I just copied over that specific portion, and it loads in-game for me now.
Thank you very much! It's now working for me too!

Oxz4n

Greenhorn
I BEG YOUR PARDON CAN U PLS HELP MINE?

I Exited when I was in 25th Day on Winter (Festival) and When I load my game, It keeps crashing. PLS HELP ME T_T

HEREs The FILE THANKYOUUUU

Attachments

I BEG YOUR PARDON CAN U PLS HELP MINE?

I Exited when I was in 25th Day on Winter (Festival) and When I load my game, It keeps crashing. PLS HELP ME T_T

HEREs The FILE THANKYOUUUU
Hey, I took a quick look, and your save appears to be fine. I was able to load it up without having to do anything.
Were you getting any errors when it crashed? The error logs folder should be next to the 'Saves' folder; if you want to take a look.

Oxz4n

Greenhorn
Hey, I took a quick look, and your save appears to be fine. I was able to load it up without having to do anything.
Were you getting any errors when it crashed? The error logs folder should be next to the 'Saves' folder; if you want to take a look.
OMG THANKYOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!! THIS GAVE ME A RELIEF!!

-But check this file, it contains the Saved File and Error Logs(_302972504_0) in it. >~<
(I don't understand the error file)

Q: Does reinstalling Stardew Valley Might fix it?

Thankyou again for your response~!!

Attachments

OMG THANKYOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!! THIS GAVE ME A RELIEF!!

-But check this file, it contains the Saved File and Error Logs(_302972504_0) in it. >~<
(I don't understand the error file)

Q: Does reinstalling Stardew Valley Might fix it?

Thankyou again for your response~!!
Thanks for including the log!
Yes, if you update Stardew Valley or reinstall; it should fix it.

This error in your log was from an older build in relation to the wallpapers/flooring:

Code:
InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
   at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\xTileSource\xTile\Tiles\StaticTile.cs:line 71
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.setMapTile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 index, String layer, String action, Int32 whichTileSheet) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12763
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.UpdateFloor(String floor_id) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 625
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.setFloors() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 835
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.ReadWallpaperAndFloorTileData() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 464
   at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.<initNetFields>b__17_1(NetInt field, Int32 old_value, Int32 new_value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 105
-snipped-

Game Version: 1.5.5

It says you're still on v1.5.5, but v1.5.6 came out at the end of December:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/413150/announcements/detail/4451243368885879001

Oxz4n

Greenhorn
Thanks for including the log!
Yes, if you update Stardew Valley or reinstall; it should fix it.

This error in your log was from an older build in relation to the wallpapers/flooring:

Code:
InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
   at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\xTileSource\xTile\Tiles\StaticTile.cs:line 71
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.setMapTile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 index, String layer, String action, Int32 whichTileSheet) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12763
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.UpdateFloor(String floor_id) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 625
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.setFloors() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 835
   at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.ReadWallpaperAndFloorTileData() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 464
   at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.<initNetFields>b__17_1(NetInt field, Int32 old_value, Int32 new_value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 105
-snipped-

Game Version: 1.5.5

It says you're still on v1.5.5, but v1.5.6 came out at the end of December:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/413150/announcements/detail/4451243368885879001
THANKYOUU VERY MUCH!! I OWE YOU ALOT!

eggowaffle

Greenhorn
No prob; glad I could help!
Hey MysticTempest! I've been having the same problem as a lot of others on the forum, whenever I try to load my save file it crashes. I think it might be something to do with one of the XML documents not loading correctly because it hasn't updated properly, although I'm not too sure on this.

If you had time to check out my file I would really appreciate it! I've seen you've been able to get some other peoples' save files working again, so I decided to give it a shot by asking :)

Attachments