Solved [HELP] Game Crashing when loading save file

yall20

Greenhorn
After 1.5 was applied to the Pc version of SDV I decided to make the switch from mobile to pc. I followed the wiki and the general advice of getting the files from ios to windows and intot he game. I opened the game via steam, and opened load game. I saw the save file from ios on the pc and was thrilled it worked. When I clicked on it to open it and play it, it took a few seconds to load but then closes stardew. I've tried all the troubleshooting and have no idea what to do. Could yall help or offer advice on what to do?

yall20

Greenhorn
MOUSE! your a legit saint. Its a Christmas miracle or just your amazing smarts. Have a happy holiday season and hopefully not a sucky 2021. Thank you so much for helping me!

Edski10

Newcomer
I made the mistake of trying to change the amount of my hardwood with a save editor, couldn't load the save since, even after changing the wood back. Hurts that my laziness costed around 120 hours

mouse

Farmer
Unfortunately this save has major issues, and the old one is somehow worse. I could try doing some major surgery and stapling some stuff to the end to at least (maybe) get it to load, but there's no telling what will be lost or how stable it would be. Was this also a mobile transfer, or did something else happen? (And if it was a mobile transfer, do you at least still have the originals still working? I hope?)

Mournival

Newcomer
thank you for looking into it! well, now I realized, it is a PC-PC cloudsave issue. My son played on grandpa's PC and arrived here at home, Steam just downloaded the save but SDV can't load it.

interstellar

Newcomer
Unfortunately this save has major issues, and the old one is somehow worse. I could try doing some major surgery and stapling some stuff to the end to at least (maybe) get it to load, but there's no telling what will be lost or how stable it would be. Was this also a mobile transfer, or did something else happen? (And if it was a mobile transfer, do you at least still have the originals still working? I hope?)
Hey mouse can you have a look at mine? I tried rolling a day back by replacing the text in the old save file into the new save file, then loaded up the game and I go in like normal until the black loading screen comes up and it crashes from there.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
Hey mouse can you have a look at mine? I tried rolling a day back by replacing the text in the old save file into the new save file, then loaded up the game and I go in like normal until the black loading screen comes up and it crashes from there.
Hi, I checked out your save and it looks fine and loads for me in game, so I assume there is a problem with your mods. You can start a thread in the mod support forum with more detail and a SMAPI log if you still need help!

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
I have the same Porblem when I was kinda lazy and tried to give mem ore money maybe someone can help me
Attached version should work. Remember that any <tag> needs a closing </tag> and vice versa.

Instead of manually editing the save, you can download CJB Cheats Menu and Item Spawner to give yourself all the money, items, and more that you want from a friendly menu that won't corrupt your save. (You can even just use SMAPI and its bundled Console Commands without installing additional mods, if you can type commands into the console :) )

Please could you help me to fix this?
I'm not sure how this happened, but the attached version should be fixed.

Attachments

Last edited:

sphoeva

Newcomer
Attached version should work. Remember that any <tag> needs a closing </tag> and vice versa.

Instead of manually editing the save, you can download CJB Cheats Menu and Item Spawner to give yourself all the money, items, and more that you want from a friendly menu that won't corrupt your save. (You can even just use SMAPI and its bundled Console Commands without installing additional mods, if you can type commands into the console :) )

I'm not sure how this happened, but the attached version should be fixed.
Hey Mouse,

My save is having a similar issue, any chance you would have the time to see if mine is saveable? I've tried creating new saves as tests and these also fail to load so it may be something to do with recent mod updates, I've not braved the depths of editing save files, thankyou thankyou!!

EDIT: After following https://www.stardewvalley.net/missing-corrupt-save-file-troubleshooting-guide/ I've realised I might actually need to post a whole thread for this as something has completely corrupted my game files, even new test ones I try to load

Attachments

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Hey i got the same issue too, can you please fix it?
This save works fine for me, so it isn't the same issue. (Most saving issues aren't because of just one thing, and can be caused by many different things!)

You'll need to include the crash log, if you can find one. On Windows it would be in %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs (the folder above it is the same one your saves are in), on Mac ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs and on Linux ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.

(If you were using or have ever used any mods, there should be a SMAPI log in the error logs folder that you can share via this site.)