Solved [BUG] multiplayer crashes entering barn

quesocooki

Greenhorn
Every time I try enter the barn or coop the game crashes. I've crashed after picking items up and right clicking the animals.

Message: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 674
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 591
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\AudioEngine.cs:line 283
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4901
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3949
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
In-game Date: fall 18 Y1 Time of Day: 700
Game Location: Coop1bddef16-084a-42a9-a657-b552af56f29f

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing on singleplayer, but had what appears to be the same crash. I had just installed the latest update too.

BuildID: 7844917

Code:
InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update()
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: AMD CAYMAN (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.15.0-52-generic, LLVM 8.0.0)
In-game Date: fall 19 Y2 Time of Day: 650
Game Location: Barn310009
=============

Follow up Edit: The subsequent hotfix appears to have resolved the audio crash for me. New working BuildID below.
BuildID: 7830133

Last edited:

Stonewoo25

Newcomer
This is happening to me too :(
Im playing single player.
The game crashes when i interact with the animals in the coop and barn.
Im not techy at all, so i dont know how to get crash information.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and saving the game before going into the coop, but it still crashes when i enter and interact with the animals.

I am on Steam, PC, Windows

Last edited:

dmankh

Greenhorn
Good day. My error logs are exactly the same. Here's hoping this has something to do with the last update and will be solved

jasper1378

Newcomer
EDIT: phishtank's solution worked for me too!

I have the same problem, playing in singleplayer.

Game version: 1.5.5 (Steam)
Kernel: 5.15.6-arch2-1
CPU: Intel i7-9750H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB Max-Q

No mods are installed.

The bug appears both while running the game natively and while using proton (6.3-8)

Last edited:

phishtank

Greenhorn
It's audio related. Go into your game settings and turn all of your audio to 0 except for music and turn off animal sounds. I did that and the crashing stopped, a few other people have also reported that helping.

Jian

Newcomer
I did what Phishtank did without sound and it worked. Then tested it with sound and i crashed right away when i picked up an egg. :heartrip: I just did this right now.

3arwax

Greenhorn
I get a few. What more can I give you ?

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Pitch(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 56

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75

Running multiplayer on Windows

Miiaou

Newcomer
saw the post about sending crashing details to this post to keep them all together so here is my Error Log and every time i get near my barn area it freezes then closes up the game, just started happening after the latest steam update too. i can go about the town and do other things but as soon as i get close to my animals/barn "poof" im back to my home screen

Attachments