PC Post Unmodded 1.5.5-beta Save Crashes Here

mouse

Farmer
Crash logs on Windows are in %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs (the folder above it is the same one your saves are in), on Mac ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs and on Linux ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.

If your error log starts with InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range and you have not used mods on this save, please try verifying your files through Steam (this also forces updates) and make sure that every farmhand does this as well.

If it still doesn't work after that, please share your logs and saves in this thread and answer a few questions.
  1. Are you, or have you ever, used any mods on this save? Please disclose them if so, even if it doesn't seem related!
  2. Was this ever a multiplayer game?
    • Even if you've never used mods, have your farmhands ever used any mods while playing with you? Please ask them for us :)
  3. Did you create this save before opting into the beta, or while it was running?
  4. Do you know when specifically it stopped working? (For example, maybe you hadn't played since last week, but it was definitely working Monday. Or it worked yesterday, but not today.)
  5. Is this a legitimate copy of the game? (ie did you purchase it and not download it somewhere off the internet)
Existing relevant threads: Gabe, Souls, honeybadger, ittybitty and Discord support: Necromancer19

(If this is you, your saves are almost certainly fine -- every person with this crash has had a save that worked for me and most other people I've asked. I'm trying to find out why it crashes for you specifically.)

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Please start a new thread for it; this is for gathering information about a specific crash on the 1.5.5 beta.

ittybitty

Greenhorn
Hi Mouse, I'm not sure this is the right place to answer, but I'll do it here and apologise if it's not.

I managed to check all the files you sent in the previous thread. The only ones that seemed to work were the "everything" and the "farmhouse" saves. (Thank you so much for that!)

I also don't know how relevant this is anymore, but for posterity's sake: 1. I never installed any mods. 2.Yes, this was at one point, very briefly, a multiplayer game. 3.I started this save before opting into the beta. 4. I know that it was working yesterday and then today it wouldn't load. I did play on a different save with a friend between these two points in time.

Also, I verified the files through Steam and re-checked everything you sent, and they all worked fine for some reason.

I would have lost over 100 hours of gameplay without your assistance. Thank you so much for your time and help!

mouse

Farmer
It might still break again after reapplying walls/floors and saving, but if the others worked after verifying I am hopeful it will stay that way. Thanks for getting back with the additional information!

RyogaU

Greenhorn
Hello Mouse,

here is a crash we can reliably reproduce that happens whenever with a game we startest cooperative (two players).
When Lewis opens the community center and me (or the other player) accesses the vault inside for the first time, the game crashes with the following error log:

The error seems to be FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
Potentially related: We tried it with the game set to german and english. Both times it crashed with the same error.

Other than that, here are the answers to you questions:
  1. Are you, or have you ever, used any mods on this save? Please disclose them if so, even if it doesn't seem related!
    Yes, see the error log link above. Though, the same error also occurs without any mods and after reinstalling the game (using the same save file).
    Yes. We started with two farmers.
  3. Did you create this save before opting into the beta, or while it was running?
    The save was created with the beta installed.
  4. Do you know when specifically it stopped working? (For example, maybe you hadn't played since last week, but it was definitely working Monday. Or it worked yesterday, but not today.)
    Yesterday.
  5. Is this a legitimate copy of the game? (ie did you purchase it and not download it somewhere off the internet)
    It's the Steam-version of the game.
PS: It'd be nice, if there was a workaround until the next patch, since we cannot access the community center vaults otherwise.

Thank you!

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
Your game is having trouble reading the bundles file. Are you remixed or standard?

Can you try verifying your game files through steam?

RyogaU

Greenhorn
Your game is having trouble reading the bundles file. Are you remixed or standard?

Can you try verifying your game files through steam?
We use the standard bundles and tried verifying and reinstalling the game as well as disabling all the mods.

Jherard

Greenhorn
Crash logs on Windows are in %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs (the folder above it is the same one your saves are in), on Mac ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs and on Linux ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.

If your error log starts with InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range and you have not used mods on this save, please try verifying your files through Steam (this also forces updates) and make sure that every farmhand does this as well.

If it still doesn't work after that, please share your logs and saves in this thread and answer a few questions.
    • Even if you've never used mods, have your farmhands ever used any mods while playing with you? Please ask them for us :)
Existing relevant threads: Gabe, Souls, honeybadger, ittybitty and Discord support: Necromancer19

(If this is you, your saves are almost certainly fine -- every person with this crash has had a save that worked for me and most other people I've asked. I'm trying to find out why it crashes for you specifically.)
1. Nope, I never installed any mods
2. Yes, nope they didn't use any mods at all
3. Yes.
4. I quit for a while change my network then when I tried to load it again it stopped working.
5. No it's not the legitimate copy of the game