Happy pics

Hi Ms. Ring. I'm Fred, and I saw some of your garden pics, and thought to myself that, "You know, I think that I would fit right in with Fairy Ring's garden friends." P.S. It is generally acknowledged that homes painted in colors that are white, egg-shell, off-white, are what humans find attractive. Not me. As you can see from the background, my room is lily pad green, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

View attachment 9505
I would prefer a darker green, but still cool!

Lew Zealand

Helper
This is not a Happy Pic™, so I'm cheating. However the thing linked here should not exist, so it's cheating, too. And thus 2 wrongs make a leftover, which is what I'm eating for dinner this evening.

That this shouldn't exist yet does, is part of the magic of people and of the internet: to create audiences for ridiculous expressions of creativity that almost nobody would even think of doing and all of one person actually has. And continues iterating and improving because if you're going to do something nuts, if you're going to LOVE doing something nuts, then jump in with both feet with all your might.

I love this song and I love that it even can be rendered in this fashion.

People are magic. I see it every day.

I Want to Break Free on FLOPPOTRON 3.0

FairyRing

Farmer
This is not a Happy Pic™, so I'm cheating. However the thing linked here should not exist, so it's cheating, too. And thus 2 wrongs make a leftover, which is what I'm eating for dinner this evening.

That this shouldn't exist yet does, is part of the magic of people and of the internet: to create audiences for ridiculous expressions of creativity that almost nobody would even think of doing and all of one person actually has. And continues iterating and improving because if you're going to do something nuts, if you're going to LOVE doing something nuts, then jump in with both feet with all your might.

That is incredible, amazing and astounding! People are most certainly magic.
Cheater /Cheetos whatever it's happy.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Now I can go to bed happy. That is fabulous, as any Queen cover should be. I don’t understand what a floppotron is, but some things just have to remain a mystery, I suppose.
It's a musical reproduction device of sorts, made from a large collection of old floppy drives and flatbed scanners, using careful control of the power and voltages in their internal motors and gears to tune the natural sounds that all these things make to the pitches of a given song.

It requires a ridiculous about of knowledge, testing, and above all, creativity and perseverance to make music out of literal noise. An expression of a single person's soul through an unforseen adaptation of obsolete technology. It is beautiful.

FairyRing

Farmer

I especially love, I think, it's little hard drives tapping out the beat! I can't name anything else though.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I especially love, I think, it's little hard drives tapping out the beat! I can't name anything else though.
Yes, the hard drives and having a great ol' time tapping along, I think as the hi-hats? And the giant piano/accordion mosaic of floppy drives providing the rhythm section is inspired. It's flatbed scanners that are doing the voice melody and lead guitar parts as they have that analog-like control over a single strong note. This is the 3rd iteration of such a crazy device and the fact that he keeps seeing how to do it better and more creatively is just fantastic.

FairyRing

Farmer
Yes, the hard drives and having a great ol' time tapping along, I think as the hi-hats? And the giant piano/accordion mosaic of floppy drives providing the rhythm section is inspired. It's flatbed scanners that are doing the voice melody and lead guitar parts as they have that analog-like control over a single strong note. This is the 3rd iteration of such a crazy device and the fact that he keeps seeing how to do it better and more creatively is just fantastic.
The flatbed scanners! That is just incredible I like them too. They have color changing lights.

Hawkgirl6511

Cowpoke
This is my happy picture!
My oldest son ( middle child ) just graduated from high school! But, considering he is profoundly Autistic (with MANY other learning and behavioral issues) and has Epilepsy on top of EVERYTHING else, we REALLY didn't know if he was going to get to this mile marker. He did! Right on time and with his original class! He never got held back or "pushed through" just because. Mainstreamed classes with very few SPED classes. He earned every passing grade and made the A/B Honor Roll almost EVERY term! I am so proud of my kiddo!

SORRY... Had to share my happy place too. And he is it! 18 years of EXTREMELY hard work has paid off FINALLY! WOOT WOOT HAPPY DANCE!! 💜🎉🥳👩‍🎓💃🥳🕺👩‍🎓🥳🎉💜
IMG_20220529_203447.jpg

FairyRing

Farmer
This is my happy picture!
My oldest son ( middle child ) just graduated from high school! But, considering he is profoundly Autistic (with MANY other learning and behavioral issues) and has Epilepsy on top of EVERYTHING else, we REALLY didn't know if he was going to get to this mile marker. He did! Right on time and with his original class! He never got held back or "pushed through" just because. Mainstreamed classes with very few SPED classes. He earned every passing grade and made the A/B Honor Roll almost EVERY term! I am so proud of my kiddo!

SORRY... Had to share my happy place too. And he is it! 18 years of EXTREMELY hard work has paid off FINALLY! WOOT WOOT HAPPY DANCE!! 💜🎉🥳👩‍🎓💃🥳🕺👩‍🎓🥳🎉💜View attachment 10704
This is awesomely happy! Congrats to your amazing hard working son! Don't be sorry but definitely keep happy dancing! Thank you!