1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

1) I have a basic laptop it's on defaults, and the laptop has an ssd. I don't understand tech specs. The ram has been upgraded, but I don't know the specs. :sweat:

2) The game has been lagging badly, fishing was a challenge before but now it's worse! My mouse is super responsive but, I only see the fishing bar a microsecond later! This may be what you called micro-stuttering. Also my recording software shuts off during the save process!

3) Before the update I had no issues and it was smooth as silk and I could record multiple days and the save process did not shut of any other ongoing software.

4) I have not tried to play my modded version yet. So far I have only played the Vanilla since the update.

5) I played Stardew Valley Vanilla a couple days before the update. Like 3 days.

6) I always play fullsceen mode but I will try the other steps to see if it will fix the issues

Sunshineisaway'

Greenhorn
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
  • AMD E1-2000 processor
  • AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics (integrated chipset)
  • 16 gb RAM
  • Windows 10
  • External USB ports I have: logitech mechanical keyboard, razer mouse and a laptop cooler/support.
  • Only one display
2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)
  • Yes. Not even into 20 minutes playing in a new save (what I usually do when a new update is made so I can erase all of my mods and place only the updated ones) in single player mode, the game's music got very slow and somewhat distorded in a creepy way, then everything lags, to a point that it takes whole 2 minutes for the menu to open. The frames got too low, about 5-10 fps. No matter how many times I restart the game or my laptop, the issue keeps happening. I've updated the game with GOG a few times, waited for a new day to see if it got better, went to the game's title screen, but nothing. The lag is gone when I restart it, but after a couple of minutes, it happens again. My game was downloaded from GOG and is in the 1.5.5.18609376 version. It doesn't crash but it makes the game impossible to play as in the experience gets so sufferable that I'd rather not play at all.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
  • Yes. Never had any bug with Stardew Valley before the update. I used to play with more than 100 heavy mods (SVE, Climate change, animations mods, etc) for consecutive days, without shutting the laptop off and it ran very smoothly.

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods?
Yes.
  1. Better Artisan Goods Icons Fix
  2. [CP] Bathhouse Hot Spring
  3. [CP] Elle's Dog Replacements
  4. [CP] Elle's New Horses
  5. [CP] Elle's Seasonal Buildings
  6. [CP] Farm Animal Facelift
  7. [CP] Fishing Made Easy Suite
  8. [CP] Flower Valley
  9. [CP] Indie's Female Farmer Overhaul
  10. [CP] Portrait Anime Mods OhoDavi
  11. [CP] Reverse Proposal
  12. [CP] Seasonal Anime Characters III
  13. [CP] Seasonal Cute Characters
  14. [CP] True Love Valley - A Romance Dialogue Mod
  15. [JA] Kawaii Hats
  16. Automate
  17. Better Artisan Goods Icons
  18. Content Patcher
  19. Friends Forever
  20. JsonAssets
  21. PyTK
  22. SpaceCore
  23. TMXLoader
  24. Ui Info Suite

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
  • November 2021, around the 10th.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
  • Tried all of these and the issue still happens. I'll try this time without a few mods and in another laptop (this one with a graphic card and a intel i5 processor). Will update with my findings.
  • UPDATE: It happens in a i5 processor with a nvidia GT910 graphic card as well
  • UPDATE: It also happens without mods

Last edited:

lostmemories123

Greenhorn
[/QUOTE]
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
[/QUOTE]

CPU
Intel Core i9 9900k

GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

MOTHERBOARD
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z390 GAMING ED

RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZR DDR4

STORAGE
ST1000DM010-2EP102
INTEL SSDPEKNW010T8

Yes, my game screen flickers when I click into my second monitor, this didn't happen previously in older updates. This while seemingly innocent and not a big deal is very disorientating for me and triggering my sensory issues.

The problem was not present in older patches.

No.

Almost at least once a week, this game is how I stim.

I did not try because I'm very computer stupid and I'm worried about touching something I'm not sure how to with out a very direct, exact step by step tutorial. Please still help even though I can't help myself.

Also happy holidays CA!

Andromeda

Newcomer
1. Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad Core Processor 3.6Hz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
1 monitor

2. Severe lag and sound distortion after 3 to 5 Stardew valley hours. Once this happens, the game becomes unplayable and I have to stop. If I use the CJB Cheats Menu Mod and freeze the time I can usually play for a lot longer without any issues. Everything runs smoothly until the lag/distortion suddenly starts. Haven't been able to complete a Stardew Valley day since the 1.5.5 patch.

3. These particular issues occurred only after the 1.5.5 update. Before the update I would have some lag issues every now and then but nothing that would prevent me from playing. The lags would only last for a small time and then come right again. There was never any sound distortion.

4. I play with about 60 mods. Stardew Valley Expanded would be the largest of them. At first I thought my elderly computer was the problem but read in other forums that people with higher spec computer systems were experiencing the same thing. I tried playing without SVE but it didn't make any difference. If you want a full list of the mods I can supply it (just lazy - didn't want to type up all 60 mods!).

5. I played Stardew Valley about 1 or 2 days just prior to the 1.5.5 patch.

6. Troubleshooting: I tried toggling V-Sync - no change. Tried compatibility but game wouldn't start - possibly because of SMAPI and mods? Lack computer savvy to do much else.

Please, Please fix this!!!!

Phoenix92

Greenhorn

Windows 7 64-bit, 1 monitor, AMD FX-6350 6-core CPU, 16 gb RAM, Asus EAH5670 GPU. (It isn't a new machine, but it's always run this game without issue.)

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.

Stuttering, massive lag, low frame rate, game freezing when opening chests.

After the patch. The game ran flawlessly before, even on my old dinosaur of a machine.

Yes. No issues prior to the patch. Mod list:

SMAPI
Gift Taste Helper 2.9.1
NPC Map Locations 2.7.1
Simple Crop Label
Save Anywhere
Fall 28 Snow Day
Bath House Hot Spring Mod 1.2
Bath House Hot Spring Mod - Running Water Changing Rooms
Skull Cavern Elevator
Automate 1.24.1
Community Bundle Item Tooltip 1.3.0
Skip Fishing Minigame 0.3.0
Animal Patting
Artifact Digger
Generic Mod Config Menu 1.6.0
Industrial Furnace 1.6.0
Industrial Furnace Automate Integration
Flower Dancing
Content Patcher 1.24.5

The day before the patch launched.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?

None of these steps helped. :(

Thanks so much for looking into this for us!

ratdog2326

Greenhorn
1. Windows 10 Home 64 bit, single TV used as monitor, 3840x2160, 60hz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, No integrated graphics, Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, 32 GB RAM DDR4.
2. Stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, and micro-stuttering occur almost nonstop outdoors and inside the player's house, mines, and sewer. Issues occured in single player, not tested in multiplayer. Issues occured in fullscreen, windowed, and windowed borderless.
3. Issues only appeared after 1.5.5.
4. No mods.
5. Oct. 25th.
6. Attempted all troubleshooting tips, none impacted performance.

Mooncalf

Farmhand

Windows 10 64-bit,3 monitors, AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor 3.50 GHz, 32 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.

After switching to 1.5.5, I suffered constant stuttering and lagging, causing jerky movements and making fishing very difficult. The same issues were found when running the beta previously. None of these issues were evident when running 32-bit 1.5.4.

However, after removing some graphics-heavy mods (mostly ones using Content Patcher Animations), the lagging vanished almost entirely. Note that 1.5.4 could handle them well enough, but it may be those mods that need updating.

Only after. However, before I would experience out of memory crashes, which has not happened this time through.

Very many.
[SMAPI] Adjust Baby Chance 1.0.3 by f4iTh | Allows the player to edit the chance of being asked the pregnancy question.
[SMAPI] Ancient Fruit Won't Die in Winter 1.0.0 by cindyexe | Ancient fruit won't die winter, but won't grow or produce fruit.
[SMAPI] Animal Social Menu 1.1.1 by spacechase0 | Adds a social menu for your animals. Check your animals' friendship values and if they need petting.
[SMAPI] Automate 1.24.1 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.
[SMAPI] AutomaticGates 2.5.3 by Rakiin aKa ScheKaa | Opens and closes gates automatically
[SMAPI] Better Artisan Good Icons 1.5.0 by Cat | Makes jelly, pickles, wine, juice, and honey icons be based on the fruit, vegetable, or flower used to make them.
[SMAPI] Better Fruit Trees 2.6.1-unofficial.4-strobe by Cat | Fruit trees can be placed and will grow even if there is something in the 3x3 area surrounding them. Also, Junimo Huts will harvest fruit trees.
[SMAPI] Better Garden Pots 1.6.0 by Cat | Makes garden pots way better!
[SMAPI] Better Hay 3.0.0 by Cat | You get hay from scything grass regardless of whether you have silos, and can always remove hay from hoppers.
[SMAPI] Better Panning 1.0.8 by AairTheGreat | Hopefully makes panning more interesting
[SMAPI] Better Ranching 1.9.0 by Urbanyeti | Prevents failed milk/shear attempts and displays when animals can be milked/sheared and petted.
[SMAPI] catGifts 1.1.8 by skuldomg | Your cat or dog will randomly leave you gifts on your doorstep.
[SMAPI] ChildToNPC 1.2.1-unofficial.5-candidus42 by Loe2run | ChildToNPC is a modding tool which converts a child NPC to a normal NPC for the purposes of creating Content Patcher mods.
[SMAPI] Coal Regen 1.1.1-unofficial.2-Mizzion by Blucifer | Regenerates coal spawns in the mines every second visit.
[SMAPI] Combat Level Damage Scaler 1.1.1 by spacechase0 | Scales damage up based on your combat level.
[SMAPI] Console Commands 3.13.2 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
[SMAPI] Content Patcher 1.24.5 by Pathoschild | Loads content packs which edit game data, images, and maps without changing the game files.
[SMAPI] Convenient Chests 1.5.2-unofficial.1-Quintin by aEnigma | Makes your life easier: Allows crafting from and auto-stashing to chests.
[SMAPI] Cooking Skill 1.4.1 by spacechase0 | Adds a cooking skill.
[SMAPI] Crab Pot Loot Has Quality And Bait Effects 1.0.1 by Goldenrevolver | Crab pot loot has quality based on fishing skill and perks and different kinds of bait have effects
[SMAPI] Crop Transplant Mod 1.3.0 by Digus | Adds a way to transplant crops.
[SMAPI] Custom Fixed Dialogue 1.0.0 by aedenthorn | Custom fixed dialogue.
[SMAPI] Custom Kissing Mod 1.2.0 by Digus | Let you configure kissing of NPCs.
[SMAPI] Custom NPC Exclusions 1.3.1-beta.1 by Esca | Allows modders to exclude custom NPCs from quests and events via Content Patcher.
[SMAPI] Custom NPC Fixes 1.2.3 by spacechase0 | Fixes NPC spawning in custom locations, pathing to custom locations, and schedules for new NPCs.
[SMAPI] Custom Quest Expiration 1.2.0 by hawkfalcon | Change the Daily Quest expiration (make it never expire, expire after 5 days, etc)
[SMAPI] CustomMusic 1.8.2-unofficial.1-d235j by Platonymous | Changes the games music
[SMAPI] Deep Woods 2.0.0-beta by Max Vollmer | Adds an explorable forest to the secret woods. How deep does it go?
[SMAPI] DGA Automate 1.0.1 by spacechase0 | Enables automation of Dynamic Game Assets machines using Automate.
[SMAPI] Dynamic Game Assets 1.3.2 by spacechase0 | Lets content packs add custom content to the game.
[SMAPI] Entoarox Framework 2.5.5 by Entoarox | A collection of APIs to make modding easier.
[SMAPI] Error Handler 3.13.2 by SMAPI | Handles some common vanilla errors to log more useful info or avoid breaking the game.
[SMAPI] Expanded Preconditions Utility 1.0.1 by Cherry | A condition checking system designed for use by other mods, in the format of event preconditions
[SMAPI] eXpanded Storage (Automate) 1.0.3-beta.7 by furyx639 | Adds Automate compatibility for eXpanded Storage (Lite).
[SMAPI] eXpanded Storage (Lite) 1.7.1 by furyx639 | Framework that adds new chests.
[SMAPI] eXpanded Storage (Plus) 1.0.0 by furyx639 | Adds new features to chests.
[SMAPI] ExpandedFridge 3.0.2 by Uwazouri | Hide mini fridges and access them from the house fridge.
[SMAPI] Family Planning 1.3.3-unofficial.1-pathoschild by Loe2run | Allows you to customize the number of children you have and adopt children with a roommate.
[SMAPI] Farm Type Manager 1.15.0 by Esca | Allows custom spawning of content from each farm type: forage, large objects, ore, and monsters
[SMAPI] Generic Mod Config Menu 1.6.0 by spacechase0 | Adds an in-game UI to edit other mods' config options (for mods which support it).
[SMAPI] Grass Adjustor 1.0.2 by Jellypowered | Configurable Grass Growth
[SMAPI] GreenhouseGatherers 2.0.0 by PeacefulEnd | Placeable, craftable items that let Junimos harvest crops inside buildings.
[SMAPI] GreenhouseGatherersAutomate 2.0.0 by PeacefulEnd | Allows custom behavior with Pathoschild's Automate mod.
[SMAPI] Happy Birthday 2.2.1 by Alpha_Omegasis | Adds the farmer's birthday to the game.
[SMAPI] Huggable Scarecrows 0.0.3 by Bogie5464 | Makes scarecrows pet your animals, so you don't have to.
[SMAPI] IridiumToolsPatch 1.0.0 by Redwood | Iridium farm tools affect a 5x5 area to match Iridium sprinklers.
[SMAPI] Island Gatherers 2.0.1 by PeacefulEnd | Harvests crops from Ginger Island using the power of parrots!
[SMAPI] IslandGatherersAutomate 2.0.1 by PeacefulEnd | Allows custom behavior with Pathoschild's Automate mod.
[SMAPI] Json Assets 1.10.1 by spacechase0 | Lets content packs add custom content to the game.
[SMAPI] Lookup Anything 1.35.7 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anything by pressing a button.
[SMAPI] Luck Skill 1.2.0 by spacechase0 | Reimplements the game's unimplemented luck skill and adds professions for it.
[SMAPI] MagicScepter 1.1.1 by not4bene | Makes your Return Scepter worth its price
[SMAPI] Mail Framework Mod 1.12.2 by Digus | Utility classes to send mail in the game.
[SMAPI] Movement Speed 5.0.0 by bcmpinc | Changes the player's movement speed and charging time of the hoe and watering can.
[SMAPI] Multi Yield Crops 1.0.2 by Cherry | Allows crops to yield more than one kind of item
[SMAPI] MultipleMiniObelisks 1.2.0 by PeacefulEnd | Allows you to place more than 2 mini-obelisks.
[SMAPI] NoCrows 2.0.0 by Cat | Crows will never eat your crops.
[SMAPI] Non Destructive NPCs 1.0.0 by Madara Uchiha | NPCs no longer destroy placed objects in their paths. They would instead pass through them.
[SMAPI] NoSeedsFromTreesFix 1.1.0 by KirbyLink | Fixes bug that causes tree seeds to not drop after Farmer levels during day.
[SMAPI] NPC Map Locations 2.7.1 by Bouhm | Shows NPCs and farmers on a modified map page for accurate tracking.
[SMAPI] Object Time Left 1.2.0 by spacechase0 | See how much time is left until machines finish processing.
[SMAPI] Part of the Community 1.1.6-3 by Brandon Marquis Markail Green (Space Baby) | Lets you increase friendship by supporting the community.
[SMAPI] PFMAutomate 1.4.2 by Digus | Integrate Producer Framework Mod to Automate
[SMAPI] PlacementPlus 1.1.1 by 2Retr0 | Vastly broadens where objects and buildings can be placed!
[SMAPI] Producer Framework Mod 1.7.3 by Digus | Framework to add rules to produce objects or change the vanilla rules.
[SMAPI] PyTK 1.22.9-unofficial.1-strobe by Platonymous | Platonymous Toolkit
[SMAPI] Safe Lightning 2.1.1-unofficial.1-strobe by Cat | Lightning won't harm your farm.
[SMAPI] Save Backup 3.13.2 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.
[SMAPI] Silo Size 0.3.0 by pepoluan | Change size of silo
[SMAPI] SkullCavernElevator 1.4.0 by lestoph | Elevator for the Skull Cavern
[SMAPI] Slime Produce 1.2.2 by exotico | Slime balls in the Slime Hutch drop extra items depending on the color of the slimes in the Hutch.
[SMAPI] SpaceCore 1.7.1 by spacechase0 | A framework mod used by some of my other mods.
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded 1.13.14 by FlashShifter, Esca, and super-aardvark | Adds coded elements to the game
[SMAPI] StardewHack 5.2.0 by bcmpinc | Transpilation library used by my other mods. Doesn't do much on its own.
[SMAPI] StardustCore 2.6.0 by Alpha_Omegasis | A core mod that allows for other mods of mine to be run.
[SMAPI] TimeSpeed 2.5.1 by cantorsdust and Pathoschild | Lets you control the flow of time in the game: speed it up, slow it down, or freeze it altogether.
[SMAPI] TMXL Map Toolkit 1.22.2-unofficial.1-strobe by Platonymous | Load TMX Maps into the Game
[SMAPI] Tree Transplant 1.0.13 by LeonBlade | Allows you to transplant trees in game.
[SMAPI] walkthroughtrellis 1.0.6 by theofficialtab | This mod allows you to walk through crops with Trellises
[SMAPI] Wear More Rings 5.1.0 by bcmpinc | Adds additional ring slots to your inventory.
[SMAPI] Winter Grass 2.0.3 by Cat | Grass will stay around in winter.

[SMAPI] [BAGI] Winter Crops 1.0.0 by uberkwefty | for Better Artisan Good Icons | Resprites artisan goods
[SMAPI] [CP] BlueChickenProducts 1.1.0 by DGlaky | for Content Patcher | Makes blue chickens lay blue eggs instead of regular eggs
[SMAPI] [CP] Events Expansion 1.2.0 by nraittanna | for Content Patcher | A mod that adds more canon-friendly events for the townsfolk.
[SMAPI] [CP] Penny 8 Heart Event Adjusted 1.0.0 by atravita | for Content Patcher | Adjusts Penny's 8 heart event to take into account whether or not you have kids
[SMAPI] [CP] Please, Remember My Marriage 1.0.1 by nraittanna | for Content Patcher | A mod that adds dialogue lines after the farmer gets married.
[SMAPI] [JA] BlueChickenProducts 1.1.0 by DGlaky | for Json Assets | Adds blue eggs, blue mayonnaise, fried blue eggs, and blue omelets
[SMAPI] [JA] Craftable Mushroom Box 1.0.0 by BlatantDecoy | for Json Assets | Craftable Mushroom Box recipe unlocked at level 6 foraging.
[SMAPI] [JA] Golden Mayo 1.1.0 by ughitsmegan | for Json Assets | Adds golden mayo.
[SMAPI] [JA] Manure Industries 1.1.0 by Drewdus42 | for Json Assets | This content pack adds my new Manure Compost Fertilizer Producers.
[SMAPI] [JA] Ostrich Mayo 1.1.0 by ughitsmegan | for Json Assets | Adds ostrich mayo.
[SMAPI] [JA] Winter Crops 1.12.2 by uberkwefty | for Json Assets | Adds Winter themed crops and etc
[SMAPI] [MFM] Ancient Crops 2.1.3 by 6480&TrentXV | for Mail Framework Mod | Sends crafting recipes to the player.
[SMAPI] [MFM] BlueChickenProducts 1.1.0 by DGlaky | for Mail Framework Mod | Mails recipes for fried blue eggs and blue omelets from Shane
[SMAPI] [MFM] Winter Crops 1.12.2 by uberkwefty | for Mail Framework Mod | Adds custom mails for my mod.
[SMAPI] [MYC] Ancient Crops 1.0.0 by Trent XV | for Multi Yield Crops | Adds rules for Ancient Flower to allow it to produce seeds.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Ancient Crops - Artisan Valley Add-on 2.1.3 by Project Populate Json Assets | for Producer Framework Mod | Adds producing rules for Ancient Crops products to Artisan Valley machines.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Better Quarry Redux 1.0.0 by Strobe | for Farm Type Manager | Improves the quarry.
[SMAPI] [PFM] BlueChickenProducts 1.1.0 by DGlaky | for Producer Framework Mod | Allows blue eggs to be turned into blue mayonnaise with mayonnaise machines
[SMAPI] [PFM] Craftable Mushroom Box 1.0.0 by BlatantDecoy | for Producer Framework Mod | Craftable Mushroom Box recipe unlocked at level 6 foraging.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Golden Mayo 1.1.0 by megan | for Producer Framework Mod | Allows golden eggs to make golden mayo.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Manure Industries 1.1.0 by Drewdus42 | for Producer Framework Mod | This content pack adds my new Manure Compost Fertilizer Producers.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Ostrich Mayo 1.1.0 by ughitsmegan | for Producer Framework Mod | Allows ostrich eggs to make ostrich mayo.
[SMAPI] [PFM] Winter Crops 1.12.2 by uberkwefty | for Producer Framework Mod | Adds producing rules for my mod.
[SMAPI] [PFM]Better Quality Increase Seeds - Ancient Crops 1.0.0 by metalax | for Producer Framework Mod | This increases the average number of seeds produced by the seed maker when higher quality produce is used.
[SMAPI] [PFM]Better Quality Increase Seeds - Vanilla 1.0.0 by metalax | for Producer Framework Mod | This increases the average number of seeds produced by the seed maker when higher quality produce is used.
[SMAPI] [PFM]Better Quality Increase Seeds - Winter Crops 1.0.0 by metalax | for Producer Framework Mod | This increases the average number of seeds produced by the seed maker when higher quality produce is used.
[SMAPI] [PFM]Quality Artisan Products 1.0.6 by Wingheart | for Producer Framework Mod | Causes output quality to match input quality, also makes mead care about honey flower type and doubles output for large eggs and milk.
[SMAPI] [PFM]Wine to Vinegar 1.0.1 by NordKitten | for Producer Framework Mod | a way to make vinigar with wine
[SMAPI] Ancient Crops 2.2.0 by 6480&TrentXV | for Json Assets | Adds ancient crops to obtain and plant.
[SMAPI] Animal Crossing Dig Spots 1.3.0 by Lechet, adapted for Content Patcher by m2pt5 | for Content Patcher | Animal Crossing Artifact Dig Spots for Content Patcher
[SMAPI] Animal Rebalance 1.1.1 by TrentXV | for Content Patcher | Balances Goats, Rabbits, Ducks and Dinosaurs.
[SMAPI] Better Artisan Good Icons for SVE 1.0.0 by MidnightChord | for Better Artisan Good Icons | Adds unique icons for artisan goods added by SVE.
[SMAPI] Better Corn 2.0.0 by ForgedBrass | for Content Patcher | Changes the apperance of mature corn for easier harvesting.
[SMAPI] Birthday Mail 1.0.0 by Quirinea (Laura Kataja) | for Content Patcher | The player receives mail messages for NPC:s birthdays
[SMAPI] Boogies Coffee Mod 1.1.0 by Boogie | for Content Patcher | Customizable options for coffee making.
[SMAPI] Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters for Content Patcher 2.0.10 by gizzymo (dialogue), paradigmnomad (coding), and various translators. | for Content Patcher | Adds about 2500 new lines of dialogue across all 34 characters who have a heart level
[SMAPI] Cozy Hut House 1.0.0 by Zilch | for Content Patcher | Redesign Island Farmhouse
[SMAPI] Curvy Clothes 1.3.0 by onlyonechris | for Content Patcher | Edits to game shirts and pants to fit a curvy sprite
[SMAPI] Cuter Coops and Better Barns 1.0.0 by DaisyNiko | for Content Patcher | slightly bigger, cuter coops + matching barns
[SMAPI] Easier Cookout Kit 1.0.0 by Keni | for Content Patcher | Makes cookout kit easier to get.
[SMAPI] EvenMoreExpandedWoods 1.0.0 by Oak | for Content Patcher | Adds a new secret area in the secret woods
[SMAPI] Fish Pond Produced Up 1.0.0 by ICBM4431, edited by Mooncalf | for Content Patcher | Fish Pond Produced Up
[SMAPI] Flowery Straw Hat 1.2.1 by Gervig91 | for Content Patcher | Decorates the Straw Hat with different flowers depending on the day and season.
[SMAPI] Immersive Farm 2 Remastered 1.13.11 by FlashShifter (Original Author: zanderb14) | for Content Patcher | FlashShifter's remastered version of Zander's Immersive Farm 2 map
[SMAPI] Iridium Scythe 1.1.0 by FriendlyGh0st & spoon | for Content Patcher | Makes the Golden Scythe match the Iridium tools.
[SMAPI] Jen's Cozy Cellar 1.0.0 by jenf1 | for Content Patcher | A cellar that is both home-y and can store your casks.
[SMAPI] Kids Treehouse and School House 1.2.0 by Xiddav | for Content Patcher | Adds a Treehouse and a School to town.
[SMAPI] Lumisteria Farmer Backgrounds 1.0.1 by Lumisteria and Gervig91 | for Content Patcher | Different backgrounds.
[SMAPI] More Hairstyles 2.0.0 by Pencilstab | for Content Patcher | Adds new hairstyles to the game. Mostly for women
[SMAPI] Mulch 1.0.0 by marksmango | for Json Assets | Protects tilled soil until removed.
[SMAPI] New Objects for Stardew Valley Expanded 1.13.14 by FlashShifter | for Json Assets | Adds new fish, objects, weapons, and crops
[SMAPI] NPC Kids for SVE 1.3.1 by xiddav | for Content Patcher | Child To NPC and look like their parent.
[SMAPI] NPC Kids for SVE ART 1.3.1 by xiddav | for Content Patcher | Child To NPC and look like their parent ART.
[SMAPI] NPC The Farmer's Children 2.0.3-beta by xiddav | for Content Patcher | An Child To NPC mod made by Xiddav. Was NPC Child for SVE.
[SMAPI] NPC The Farmer's Children 2.0.3-beta by xiddav | for Content Patcher | A Child To NPC mod. The Art Part! Was NPC Child for SVE.
[SMAPI] PanEvents 1.5.3 by PanTran | for Content Patcher | Miscelanious heart events
[SMAPI] Paul's Animated Mini-Obelisk 1.0.0 by Paul Dunstan | for Content Patcher | Animated Mini-Obelisk
[SMAPI] PPJA Better Artisan Goods Icon Pack for Ancient Crops 1.0.1 by ProjectPopulateJsonAssets | for Better Artisan Good Icons | A collection of artisan good sprites that pair with the PPJA Ancient Crops.
[SMAPI] Random Lost Library Book Covers 1.0.0 by Airyn | for Content Patcher | Gives lost library books a random cover.
[SMAPI] Romanced NPCs in CC Ceremony 1.0.0 by cptnmatruz | for Content Patcher | Paramours take part in CC Ceremony
[SMAPI] Seasonal Cute Characters 3.2.3 by Poltergeister with assets by various artists | for Content Patcher | Seasonal outfits with the slightly cuter character aesthetic.
[SMAPI] Seasonal Cute Characters SVE 2.2.1 by Poltergeister | for Content Patcher | Makes the characters of Stardew Valley Expanded slightly cuter and gives them seasonal outfits.
[SMAPI] Seasonal Flower Vase 1.0.0 by Mephistokles | for Content Patcher | Replaces Dried Sunflowers with a Seasonal Flower Vase.
[SMAPI] Spouses React To Player Death 1.1.0 by CasualInvidia | for Content Patcher | Cutscenes with worried spouses when HP reaches 0.
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded 1.13.14 by FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | A fanmade expansion for ConcernedApe's Stardew Valley. This mod adds 26 new characters, 34 locations, 220 character events, 850 location messages, reimagined vanilla areas, two farm maps, a reimagined world map reflecting all changes, new music, new quests, and many miscellaneous additions!
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded - PyTK 1.13.14 by FlashShifter | for TMXL Map Toolkit | Adds many new areas to the game.
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded Custom Music 1.13.14 by FlashShifter | for CustomMusic | Adds new original music to the game
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations 1.13.14 by FlashShifter | for Farm Type Manager | This FTM pack is for SVE!
[SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations - Immersive Farm 2 1.13.11 by FlashShifter | for Farm Type Manager | This FTM pack is for IF2R. Only useable if playing with SVE!
[SMAPI] Sweet Gem Fruit 1.4.0 by Cheerybelle | for Content Patcher | Changes Sweet Gem Berries into fruit and adjusts the value for balance.
[SMAPI] Sweet Gem Fruit BAGI Patch 1.4.0 by Cheerybelle | for Better Artisan Good Icons | Adds BAGI icons for Sweet Gem Fruit.
[SMAPI] TV Recipes Fix 1.0.0 by SorryLate | for Content Patcher | Fix bug in CookingRecipes.xnb

A few days before the patch release. I also tried the beta.

Removing mods cleared things up.

thunderxstorms

Newcomer
I'm using a custom build with only an integrated graphics card, 8GB of ram, and the game is stored on an HDD.

I've been experiencing lag when I move the mouse, it seems to play smooth and perfectly normally, until the mouse is moved at all.

This issue was recent and I've been playing with this PC for a while with no hiccups, so it seems like the update might've caused it!

No mods

Unsure when I played last before the update, probably the day before.

I've tried basically all the troubleshooting steps except for the steam compatibility setting.

Hope this helps!!

elesea

Farmhand
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)

Razer Blade 15 Advanced
Single Monitor Laptop
Windows 10 Home OS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 230GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors
Graphics Card 0: Intel (R) UHD Graphics
Graphics Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Display Refresh Rate: 300.185 Hz
Game is stored on Internal SSD and accessed via GOG.

I play Single Player and run the game via GOG.

I've been experiencing:
  • Extremely slow loading screens.
  • Excruciatingly choppy/laggy movement. There is so much stuttering it's unplayable.
  • Choppy/laggy mouse movement that is even worse when I open the Inventory/Menu Panel.

They only appeared once I upgraded to 1.5.5 yesterday.

Yes a LOT of them, but they all ran Buttery Smooth on 1.5.4. I also made sure to update them all to U1.5.5 Compatible versions.

The full list can be found in my SMAPI Log: SMAPI log parser - SMAPI.io

For the purpose of this survey I tested a New Game with No Mods and the game runs Buttery Smooth.

Every day on 1.5.4.

I tried applying them with my Mod setup in all combinations - they did not help.

TD1605

Newcomer

Running on Windows 10.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
Playing on 3440x1440 ultrawide.
Playing through Xbox Game Pass.

General performance is great but random crashes are frequent while playing co-op. Both players can crash and if the host crashes the other disconnects but if the other player crashes the game carries on. We've not been able to make it through a full 2 days in game without a crash.

This is my first time playing.

No

Never

Uninstalling and reinstalling and using different PC/Laptops. Issue seems to be with the co-op feature from what I can tell.

Maks0911

Newcomer
I have a error? or a issue (i don't know how to call it) that when i'm playing game and moving around, a blurry line appears in random places on screen. When i changed resolution it disappears but when i go on fullscreen again it shows. I turned off steam overlay, changed zoom, resolution and updated my Graphic Card Drivers.
There's a link to video that i recorded with phone (bruh) and a line appears on the middle.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224899069288382464/920437861113819146/video-1639519511.mp4

For example, what operating system are you using?:
Windows 10
Do you have multiple monitors?
Nope
What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)?
1920x1080
What refresh rate are you using on your monitors?
60 Hz
What graphics card do you have?
Rx 480 XFX
Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card
Only Dedicated
If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Nope.
Nope

If you can, type "/printdiag" while in-game, screenshot the results, crop to just the printout, and include that in your response.
1639521841059.png

Also:"Performance Issues" means stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, "micro-stuttering", memory issues, or any other situation where the game is not "buttery smooth". Crashes (where the game suddenly closes) are not the purpose of this survey. Please describe exactly the scenario and context in which you encountered the performance issue. Make sure to mention whether it was in single player or multiplayer, and if multiplayer, whether you were the host, or just a farmhand. The more detail, the better!
-Singleplayer, random fps stutters and lower FPS while just moving around in every location.

Valemith

Greenhorn
AMD Ryzen 5 3600/16GB/2TB+500GB SSD/RTX3070 and running on Windows 10 Pro. I play on 1.920 x 1.080 resolution.

Both the menu and the game itself stutter and the framerate is low a lot all the time.

The low frame rate appeared after updating to 1.5.5, before the game went well.

Stardew Valley Expanded,
Seasonal Cute Characters,
Seasonal Cute Characters SVE,
Canon Friendly Dialogue Expansion,
Cat Replacements,
Dog Replacements,
Horse Replacements,
Cocoa Plant and Chocolate Cooking,
Animated Fish,
Animated SVE Fish,
Animated Food and Drinks,
Animated Mining Pack,
Animated Slime Eggs and Loot,
Animated Tools and Weapons,
Barn Replacements,
Coop Replacements,
Horse Overhaul,
Wear More Rings,
Pollen Sprites,
Crop Variety,
Furniture Recolour,
More Banners,
Alternative Textures,
Elle's Seasonal Vanilla Buildings,
Generic Mod Config,
Kitchen Replacements,
Please Remember my Marriage,
Please Remember my Birthday,
Json Assets,
TMXloader,
Spacecore,
StardewHack,
PyTK,
Custom Music,
Farm Type Manager,
Expanded Preconditions Utility,
Content Patcher,
Content Patcher Animations,
NPC Map Locations.

It was 5 of december, three days before the update.

No, the game still has heavy frame drops when I move the character in singleplayer, I dont play multiplayer.

Last edited:

Hawk_M

Newcomer
i just know it gets fix when i go inside the dark bua tunnel but for a wile it happens again.

and it gets fix inside storm aome times when the screen goes black.

iam trying to play the game so for gods sake at least put a manual button that we can use wile playing until you find the problam

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Only one monitor, the model is: AOC e2250Swn -- Resolution: 1920x1080 -- Refresh rate: 60Hz
RAM installed: 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i3-3220
Graphics Card is integraded: Intel HD Graphics 2500 -- Dedicated video memory: 128mb

I'm playing on a single player farm.
Yes, I have experienced low framerate when it rains or when it snows, still not a serious case, because my fps drops to 40-30fps (normal: 60fps) but that happens from day one and I think it is very normal for me because my pc is very old and mainly the graphics card is obsolete.

As I described above, it happens from day one, but after 1.5.5 it has slightly worsened.

No mods installed.

I don't remember exactly, but before 1.5.5 I played about 15 days ago.

I have tried all the steps and the only one that improved my fps was turning off v-sync, but that causes screen tearing, which is normal when you turn off v-sync.

IronMarbles

Greenhorn
1) windows 10
Ryzen 5 5600x
MSI RTX 3070 x trio
MSI b450 tomahawk
16gb Corsair vengeance 3000hmz

Playing local coop.
Game will have massive fps drop, me and SO have to let go of controller to let game catch up. The sound still plays normally but the game is essentially frozen with small 1fps stutters every 10-20 sec. Resolution is hard stuck at 4k and borderless window, vysnc on

I have only started playing after patch 1.5.5 but has gotten worse the more I play

No

N/A

Nothing has helped.

ascii7

Sodbuster
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)​
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5​
8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4​
Radeon Pro 570 4 GB​
macOS Monterey 12.1​

I think "micro-stuttering" may be the best fit. It comes in spurts. One minute it's fine, the next minute the video stutters. This cycle repeats over and over during each game session.​

Not 100 % sure, but I think it appeared with macOS Monterey 12.0, with 12.1 not helping.​
I think patch 1.5 was ok, but again not 100 % sure.​

No​

Nearly every day since before 1.5 came out.​

None of the steps helped. Compatibility mode was worse.​

MrPietro

Newcomer
-windows 10
-i9900k
-32gb ram
-geforce rtx 3080

- Constant sturrering. Almost seems timed. Doesnt matter what im doing. Even on the build screen. Drops from 60 to 45 fps.

-No
-Same thing with or without mods

-Couple months ago

- None helped.

EDIT: After re installing and troubleshooting. Seems its a SMAPI issue. Causes constant frame drops.

Last edited:

Cassadrizzle

Newcomer
Hello all! I was having issues with my game and was pointed here by the discord, hope this info helps!

I am running on Windows 10 (64 bit), duel monitors (one is a TV technically) Main is a Dell (1920)x(1080) refresh rate of 60.000 HZ, second is a Insignia TV (1360)x(768) refresh rate 60.015, Graphic card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti, We are not sure if the computer has an integrated graphics chip but we don't think it does (when we built it the screen would not display but the computer would run, after adding the graphics card the screen started to display, not sure if that is helpful info), 16 GB ram

I play modded Stardew but experience issues in both modded and vanilla so I included screenshots for both

The issue I am experiencing is game stuttering and dropping frames. On a default normal walking speed its noticeable but not unbearable, but when sped up with a mod or even with in game food it stutters every second or so, completely unplayable for me at the moment.

After the 1.5.5 patch the game still worked fine up until last night, before the patch I never had any issues close to this, or really at all. I did get out of memory exceptions in the past but not since the 1.5.5 patch.

I am playing with 94 mods currently, again with no issues up until last night. I was even playing earlier that day with no problems. Im not sure how to list all of the mods here so I included my SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/42902c5ea0704941ad4282757cd0d4ae

I play almost daily so most likely the day before no longer then 2 days before.

I tried all of these troubleshooting methods and more! I went to the discord for help and they gave me a few extra things to try, and I looked at past issues and tried suggestions on those threads. I have seen no improvement, and things like toggling V-sync on made it much worse.

If you need any more information form me let me know and ill respond ASAP!

Attachments

Banshee

Newcomer
Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying Stardew Valley.
After the recent 1.5.5 patch, there have been some scattered reports of framerate or performance issues (the game is running slowly, lagging, hitching, etc.). The exact cause of these issues remains unknown, so I am turning to you, the players, for help.

I would like to gather as much data as I can about the nature of these issues, and see whether a pattern emerges which might point to a cause.

Would you be willing to answer a short questionnaire about your experience with 1.5.5 on PC so far? Whether you are experiencing issues or not, it would be helpful to get your response.

If so, please use this template:

Only share as much as you are comfortable/willing to share.
Code:

note 1: For example, what operating system are you using? Do you have multiple monitors? What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)? What refresh rate are you using on your monitors? What graphics card do you have? Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card? The more info you can give, the better.
If you can, type "/printdiag" while in-game, screenshot the results, crop to just the printout, and include that in your response.
note 2: "Performance Issues" means stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, "micro-stuttering", memory issues, or any other situation where the game is not "buttery smooth". Crashes (where the game suddenly closes) are not the purpose of this survey. Please describe exactly the scenario and context in which you encountered the performance issue. Make sure to mention whether it was in single player or multiplayer, and if multiplayer, whether you were the host, or just a farmhand. The more detail, the better!

Troubleshooting steps:
1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change.
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom)
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first). If your display resolution is high (e.g. > 1080p), try selecting a lower resolution (something like 1920 x 1080).
4) If none of the above helps, try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)

If you have anything else to add, please feel free.
Thank you in advance to everyone willing to participate in this, your help is much appreciated!

-Ape

Please note, this thread is not intended for crash reports. If you have a crash report, please start a new thread or chime in on an existing thread for the specific crash. Thank you!
Hi, so my game also keeps crashing after the ubdate for some reasons it crashes at 4 hour in the game each day. At first i thought it was because of pigs so restarted the game but the same happened again then I was in the shop. The game frames drobs and music starts to play differently (i am not good at english cannot describe how it changes it like starts to play differently somehow like lagging also) and then it crashes my computer. I had played this game for over 200 hours but it only happened after ubdate

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member

Graphics Card 0: Intel (R) UHD Graphics
Graphics Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Display Refresh Rate: 300.185 Hz
Game is stored on Internal SSD and accessed via GOG.
300Hz refresh rate? That seems insane.
Here's another thing to try: Verify that your game is stuttering. Then, open "Device Manager", expand the "display adapters" section, and then right click and disable the intel UHD graphics. The screen might go black for a moment. When it comes back, you can re-enable it. Does the stuttering go away?