1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

Sunaru

Greenhorn
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)
2014 mid year MacBook Pro 15 inch macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 - 2.2 Ghz quad-core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache - 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory - Intel Iris Pro graphics (no Nvidia graphics) Resolution - 2880x1800 but I run the game at 1680x1050 in fullscreen

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below) Stuttering and frame rate issues, worsens when background moves too. Game will randomly start stuttering especially when my character is moving around, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it will happen or how intense it will be, except that it is always worse when my character and the background are moving at the same time. Also at first my game ran fine when playing co-op on my girlfriend's farm, but as soon as I'd switch back to my farm the stuttering issue came back. This maybe lasted a couple weeks before the game started stuttering on co-op too.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Issues were present before the 1.5.5 patch, and present after

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods?
No

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
Played weekly before the 1.5.5 patch came out

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
So far none of them helped, but I have not tried running the game in compatibility mode in Steam settings, so I can update when I give that a try.

Note: So this is something I've noticed that may or may not be helpful, but I've noticed that when I play Runescape my laptop handles it great but it also gets significantly hotter and the fans run at full blast, meanwhile Stardew Valley stutters and lags but my fans never go beyond 50%. It almost seems like SV isn't utilizing 100% of my laptops resources like Runescape is, and RS has a lot more stuff going on with 3d models, lighting and animations. I apologize for my ignorance if I'm comparing apples to oranges :)

Last edited:

PapaVader

Farmhand
Hi Ape,

1) Playing on Windows 10 Pro, GTX 1080ti, Intel i7-8700k 3.7ghz, SSD
2) Yes:

Since update 1.5.5 I have experienced a lot of FPS issues. I was playing the game for about a week straight before the update, for about 4-5 hours a day without any problems at all. In fact, I didn't know there was an update when I hopped in the day it came out, but when my game started performing badly that's what made me look. The issues are as follows:

- Overall stutter when the camera pans. It's very slight but it just doesn't feel as smooth as it did.
- A more noticeable stutter while walking that happens periodically for no apparent reason. Like the system hitches for a split second.
- When I go into chests and go back out of them, I will periodically get a major drop in my FPS, like from 60 to 30 or lower. It lasts for about 5-10 seconds of walking around then goes away on its own. It also happens after performing any action at random times. This same drop occurs most often in the mines. Just randomly after making a swing of my sword or a swing of my pickaxe. Or just walking towards an enemy or just around.
- Since the most recent patch, lots of crashing too.
- Since the most recent patch, a ton of audio issues. Things too loud, distorted.

3) Absolutely yes.
4) I had my game running with just one mod, and also without any, and I experienced the same performance issues.
5) Every day for at least a week before the patch.
6) None of those tips help at all. I'm actually unable to play in 4k with full screen as only 1/4 of the screen is visible. So I have to play in Window Borderless; not a fan of that, but nothing I can do to make it work. The ONLY thing that has shown some improvement is muting most if not all the audio. The game plays smoother, though still some stuttering, but not as bad. The audio definitely seems to be causing some of the issues present.

Hope that helps. I honestly wish I could go back to before the update because I was having a blast and now the game has been a bit of a headache to play. Still playable, but not as enjoyable. I'm sure this is giving you a headache too! Hope you can find an easy fix!!

Luceat

Planter
CA says, please don't post crash-reports here .. what do the users do .... now guess ... common!!!

Cruciolle

Greenhorn
Bonjour

1) Veuillez donner autant de détails que possible sur la configuration de votre matériel. (Voir note 1 ci-dessous)
Asus G11CD-K (proc: i5-7400 ,8go Ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX1050) sur Windows 10

2) Avez-vous rencontré des problèmes de performances en jouant à Stardew Valley ? Veuillez décrire exactement ce que vous avez vécu. (Voir note 2 ci-dessous)
Oui, j'ai remarqué de nombreux décalages, bégaiement dans le jeu. Le bug de résolution a été finement mis à jour ce matin (fuseau horaire FR) pour moi.

3) Si vous avez répondu oui à 2, les problèmes sont-ils apparus seulement après le patch 1.5.5, ou étaient-ils présents avant ?
Fonctionne bien avant la mise à jour 1.5.5.

4) Jouez-vous avec des mods ? Si oui, quels modules ?
Non, nous avons des tests sans mods.

5) Avant la sortie du patch 1.5.5, quand avez-vous joué à Stardew Valley pour la dernière fois ?
La veille de la mise à jour.

6) Si vous rencontrez des problèmes de performances, veuillez essayer les étapes de dépannage ci-dessous. L'un d'entre eux a-t-il aidé?
Seul le mode de compatibilité dans steam permet de "supprimer" les problèmes. Toutes les autres étapes ne font rien.

Attachments

Last edited:

skywana

Greenhorn
Hello! Thank you for looking into this and for your time, I hope any of this information helps :)

1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19343 Build 19043
Laptop and display: Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H, only one 120Hz monitor, 1920 x 1080
Graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 2060 dedicated
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.
Ever since updating to 1.5.5, there is frequent screen "waving" present, stutters when I move the mouse, screen tearing when moving around the farm, stutters and distorted sound when fishing. The game doesn't run as smooth as it did before the update, it takes a while to load my only save and even completely freezes when entering load/coop screen. Additionally, when clicking on the startup ConcernedApe logo, the screen flicks to black for a second. It is still playable, however can induce nausea a little bit.
The game also did not save my preferred graphics settings (always switched to windowed/borderless without option for fullscreen), however it got fixed this morning for me with the hotfix.
The issue is present in both singleplayer and multiplayer, when I am hosting my farm, or when my friends host a farm for me (they have been having the same stuttering issues).

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
None of the issues above were present before the update, the game was running smoothly and I did not see any visible stutters.

I am currently playing with 85 mods including SMAPI, most of the mods are not heavily game-changing and are tied to Content Patcher. I can provide a full list if needed.

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
I have been playing Stardew Valley every week since September 22nd, including the couple days before the update.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
All the steps have unfortunately not helped, I have also tried changing my NVIDIA settings as well as load the game to a new save without any mods. I have not tried the 32-bit version as it would not be compatible with my mods.

Sobia6464

Greenhorn
EDIT: UPDATE: There's a "hotfix to fix the hotfix" out and it appears to be working better since then. Let me just say, a 12 ish hour turn around time for an issue is unheard of. You really are the man (ape?).

I have worked in IT for years, so I will attempt to give you all the information needed.

1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)

For example, what operating system are you using? - WIN 10 Home (20H2)
Do you have multiple monitors? - Yes, there are 2 Monitors. One is literally a TV I use as a monitor and one is an Ultra Wide.
What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)? - Ultrawide is 2560x1080 LG 25UM57 (Link) and the TV is 1920x1080 SHARP LC-43P5000U (Link)
What refresh rate are you using on your monitors? 60 Hz for both monitors
What graphics card do you have? NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super
Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card? Yes, but the former is not in use. I only utilize the 2070
The more info you can give, the better. - Hardware Dump at the bottom of this post.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)

I understand that crashes were not meant to be a part of the survey. However, it is crashing. I can make it crash about 60% of the time before even starting a game by clicking on the concernedape logo right at startup. Will post the event logs blow as well. Also crashed while playing multiplayer. Happened on mine and another users laptop whom I was playing with.

Only after the 1.5.5 hotfix. I was actually playing it with no issues right before the hotfix. I had to exit the game and reload it due to an unrelated issue outside of the game. Then it applied the hotfix.

No mods.

30 seconds prior to updating

1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change.
No change
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom)
No change
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first).
No change
4) If none of the above helps, try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)
Since changing it to compatibility mode and then back (I tried prior, during compatibility mode, and then after I reverted) I cannot recreate the issue on the launch screen of crashing the game. I'm not saying it's entirely fixed - as I have not had the change to sit down for a long period of time and play the game. However, it appears to have at least improved.

EDIT: As an additional note, I have tried running a dism online repair and an sfc scan on my windows OS. Also tried verifying the integrity of the games files through steam. Then tried a fresh install.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide for insight. I would be happy to work ongoing with you in regards to this.

Hardware Dump (
LINK)

Event Log Dump

Both of these errors happened per crash incident. You can see 2 instances where it crashes in the below event log. Both errors are the same except for the time.
1638975816320.png

1638975876825.png

1638975912277.png

Code:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-12-08T01:55:28.8436076Z" />
  <EventRecordID>19162</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>SobiaDesktop</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Stardew Valley.exe</Data>
  <Data>1.3.37.0</Data>
  <Data>609308e7</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>10.0.19041.1348</Data>
  <Data>76fcd692</Data>
  <Data>e0434352</Data>
  <Data>0000000000034f69</Data>
  <Data>2074</Data>
  <Data>01d7ebd6a8cf412a</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Stardew Valley.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>30961a9e-386c-48c7-ad1d-b989e23c6e04</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Code:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-12-08T01:55:28.5565679Z" />
  <EventRecordID>19161</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>SobiaDesktop</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: Stardew Valley.exe CoreCLR Version: 5.0.721.25508 .NET Version: 5.0.7 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 674 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 661 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 591 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\AudioEngine.cs:line 283 at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4901 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3949 at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481 at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
1 - Model: HP Laptop 15-ef1xxx , purchased in the box from Target, 2400MHz processor, 4G memory, built-in monitor only w/ refresh 60 Hertz, AMD Radeon Graphics Processor
2 - No.
3 - NA
4 - No.
5 - Literally the day of prior to the update, and have played since 1.4.5 and seen every update as they came out since.
6 - NA

brophie97

Newcomer
I am on PC with a 3440x1440 monitor with windows 10.

After the 1.5.5. update, I can play for about 10 minutes (watering all my plants and such) before the game crashes. I am sent straight back to the desktop - no error messages etc.

This only started happening after the 1.5.5. update.

The last time i played was a little over a week ago and there were no issues.

I do not use mods.

troubleshooting doesnt help :(

MegahNevel

Newcomer
NOTE: This was written about 1 hour after original CA post, but for some reason the power company of my city decided it was a good idea to switch off the power for a couple of hours...

Intel Core i3 9100F
16GB RAM
GTX 1650

Windows 10 PRO
Version 20H2

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)
Yes, game crashed many times today, we are playing since before 1.5.5 a 4 player farm, both me (the host) and one client crashed the game today.
I have verified my files and had 165 recoveries (before i crashed, but all players did this to make sure the other player would not crash anymore).
Any of my friends needed to recover files. We(me and one client) kept crashing until we decided to take a lil break.

Same friend used to crash the first time she joined the game before the patch, she would then restart the game and we would play for hours without problems

No. Neither me nor any of my friends. All vanilla Steam.

We started this save November 15th, and we have been playing almost every day.

MORE INFO
CAMILA's Computer info (the one friend that used to crash first join before, and is crashing constantly with me now)

Ryzen 3 2200G
16GB RAM
(no dedicated GPU)

Windows 10 PRO
Version 21H1

New info (as of dec 8)
Attachments files starting with EDUARDO are mine, as said, i am the host. DxDiag file is also mine.
Camila files are also attached, but only those that happened dec 7 (since the other times she crashed we could still play normally after she rejoined)

As we keep crashing, we will wait until a new update to keep playing.

EDIT: as i posted this, i noticed my steam was updating Stardew Valley. We'll try to play later and i will be back here with more info.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dragonheardt

Planter
Hello! I love Stardew Valley and hope you're doing well too.

Windows 11 i5-9400F @2.90GHz
Single monitor 1440p, 144hz (Lenovo G32qc-10),
GTX 1660 Super (don't think there is an integrated one as well)

I'm fairly certain my PC is this one but with 8gig additional RAM (16 total) and without the 1TB HDD (this was not nearly as expensive back when I got it lol): https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC...rce-GXiVR8060A7/dp/B07PKXQBHN?ref_=ast_sto_dp

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.

Vanilla SDV on PC has been a while. Modded games? Yes.

(Single Player) From the Title Menu, clicking "New" or "Load" sweeps the title menu away normally, but right before my saved games list comes up, the game freezes for a few seconds (varies, ~15 seconds depending on mod load) and then my saved game list comes up. Then when I click a save file, game freezes ~40 seconds before I can control my character. I talked to Pathoschild looked at this issue recently and said it is likely from the PyTK mod needing an update to 1.5.5, so hopefully this issue is related solely to mods. Anyway currently when in game (heavily modded), i'm having that "buttery smooth" experience though, and every screen loads just fine. Note that my recent play time on PC has been mod testing for an upcoming Co-op game I'm going to host, so I haven't played extensively on PC in a few months.

On Switch, I'm also playing a (vanilla) co-op farm now and that has an issue where while hosting a game, there is periodic stuttering every 30-60 seconds, moderate lag for the other player when one player is in the crafting menu, and game breaking lag when a dino uses flame breath (which stops when the flame breath animation completes).

I can add another post if anything else comes up during my PC playthrough.

Before 1.5.5 I was definitely encountering out of memory thresholds for both single player and as host of a local co-op game I was running. I have a lot of mods. Specifically I was right at the cusp of 4gig memory I think, so SMAPI would crash if I added any .wav or .ogg music or sounds mods in addition to what I already had (RSV, SVE, frog sounds, dinos growl). This does not happen anymore in 1.5.5 with updated mods.

Yes, a lot :defeated:

Game Expansion Mods
o East Scarp
o Life Cycle (Alex/Haley, Emily/Shane, Marnie/Lewis, Maru/Harvey, Penny/Sam)
o Magic
o Mana Bar
o Stardew Valley Expanded (SVE)
o Grandpa’s Farm
o Capstone Professions

Quality of Life Mods
o Better Ranching
o Bigger Backpack
o Calendar Anniversary
o Destroyable Bushes
o Farmer Helper
o Expanded Fridge
o Ferngill Weathers
o Industrial Furnace
o Marnie Special Orders
o Movement Speed
o NPC Map Locations
o Yagisan – Custom NPCs for NPC Map Locations
o Prepare For New Day
o Secretariat
o Sit n Relax
o Winter Grass
o Colored Seeds

NPC Mods
o Jasper
o Juliet & Jessie
o Lunna Astray
o Mike
o Riley
o Shiko
o Always Raining in the Valley

Aesthetics Mods
o Custom Menu Background
o Elle’s Dirt and Cliff Recolor
o Elle’s Dog (or Cat) Replacements
o Elle’s Grass Replacement
o Elle’s Kitchen Replacement
o Elle’s New Barn Animals
o Elle’s New Coop Animals
o Elle’s Seasonal Buildings
o Elle’s Town Animals
o Seasonal Cute Characters
o Seasonal Cute Characters – SVE
o Seasonal Cute Characters – Swimwear
o WitchyStella’s Seasonal Scarecrows
o Animated Fish
o Animated Fish SVE
o Animated Food and Drinks
o Animated Furniture and Stuff
o Animated Lunna Astray Fish
o Animated Mining Pack
o Animated Ridgeside Village Fish
o Animated Slime Eggs and Loot
o Animated Gemstones

Dialogue Mods
o Please, Remember My Marriage
o SpousesReactToDeath
o Stardew Valley Dialogue Expansion
o UniqueDatingResponses
o Prank the JojaMart
o Farmerjack’s Dialogue Expansions
o Ginger Island NPC Overhaul

Music and Sound Mods
o Beach Music
o Piano Valley (custom, just title menu and rain music)
o Thunder and Frog Sounds
o Dinosaurs Growl

Framework Mods
o SMAPI
o Content Patcher
o Content Patcher Animations
o Custom Companions
o Custom Fixed Dialogue
o Custom Kissing Mod
o Custom Music
o Custom NPC Exclusions
o Custom NPC Fixes
o Event Repeater
o Expanded Preconditions Utility
o Farm Type Manager
o Generic Mod Config Menu
o ImagEd
o JsonAssets
o Mail Framework Mod
o Pregnancy Role
o Producer Framework Mod
o PyTK
o Quest Framework
o Shop Tile Framework
o SpaceCore
o StardewHack
o TMXLoader
o DaisyNiko’s Tilesheets
o Lumisteria Tilesheets – Indoor
o ResponseCore
o AntiSocialNPCs

I've been playing on Switch constantly. On PC, it was February 2021. I stopped because I was running into memory crashes.

1) V-Sync toggle didn't seem to make a noticeable difference. I can't tell anyway.
2) I've always been at default zoom
3) I originally had the game in Windowed Borderless view. When I switched it to Fullscreen, my character and UI went out of bounds with my 1440p resolution and I can't seem to get it to work. The game and menus are off-center when I do this. I had to open the properties to disable fullscreen and go back to windowed borderless in 1080p. Not sure how to get it to work otherwise.

These options don't seem to change anything.

Kreeate

Rancher
Dell M4800 laptop with external 16:10 monitor (1920x1200)
All applications and games are set to use the dedicated nVidia Quadro card. V-sync always on.

1638993852030.png

I have rarely experienced any lag and/or fps or stuttering issues. Game is smooth as silk 99% of the time.

Stability for me is exactly the same as it was with 1.5.4

I play with too many mods to mention here and it varies greatly from week to week. At the moment I'm only using:
SMAPI 3.13.1
Content Patcher 1.24.5
CJB Cheats Menu 1.29.1

The day before patch 1.5.5 was released.

RAW3131

Newcomer
How do you run the game in compatability mode? I am having issues with the game crashing as well after the newest update. My game is through Steam for PC, not sure if that matters.

Quirinea

Farmer
1) Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on Dell laptop,7,5 GiB memory, Intel® Core™ i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz × 4, Intel® HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2), Gnome 3.28.2, 64 bit, monitor 1920 x1080
2) No significant performance issues
3) -
4):
AntiSocialNPCs
Automate
BetterMixedSeeds
BetterRanching
Birthday_mail
ConsoleCommands
ContentPatcher
'[CP] Cute Beach Farm'
'[CP] DaisyNiko'\''s Tilesheets'
'[CP] [GMCM] Fishing Made Easy Suite'
'[CP] Yagisan - Custom NPCs for NPC Map Locations'
CustomNPCExclusions
CustomNPCFixes
DistilleryNormal
ErrorHandler
ExpandedPreconditionsUtility
FarmTypeManager
FastPetting
FishInfo
FishingInfoOverlays
GenericModConfigMenu
GiftTasteHelper
'[JA]ShaneAlex'
JsonAssets
MailFrameworkMod
'[MFM]ShaneAlex'
MultipleMiniObelisks
'[NPC] Juliet & Jessie'
NPCMapLocations
PerfectionTweaker
PFMAutomate
ProducerFrameworkMod
PyTK
SaveBackup
SebastianFather
Shane_and_Alex
ShopTileFramework
SkullCavernElevator
SpaceCore
StardewFinnish
TimeSpeed
TMXLoader
'Walk to the Desert Redux 1.2.9'
(Sorry for this dumplist)

5) I played last in October (version 1.5.4, 1.5.5. yet not available in GOG), and started with this version on 5. December)

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
How do you run the game in compatability mode? I am having issues with the game crashing as well after the newest update. My game is through Steam for PC, not sure if that matters.
check the original post for instructions on how to do it. Your game is still crashing after the hotfix yesterday? Can you upload your most recent error log (%appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs)

Angel719

Newcomer
Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying Stardew Valley.
After the recent 1.5.5 patch, there have been some scattered reports of framerate or performance issues (the game is running slowly, lagging, hitching, etc.). The exact cause of these issues remains unknown, so I am turning to you, the players, for help.

I would like to gather as much data as I can about the nature of these issues, and see whether a pattern emerges which might point to a cause.

Would you be willing to answer a short questionnaire about your experience with 1.5.5 on PC so far? Whether you are experiencing issues or not, it would be helpful to get your response.

If so, please use this template:

Only share as much as you are comfortable/willing to share.
Code:

note 1: For example, what operating system are you using? Do you have multiple monitors? What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)? What refresh rate are you using on your monitors? What graphics card do you have? Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card? The more info you can give, the better.
note 2: "Performance Issues" means stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, "micro-stuttering", memory issues, or any other situation where the game is not "buttery smooth". Crashes (where the game suddenly closes) are not the purpose of this survey. Please describe exactly the scenario and context in which you encountered the performance issue. Make sure to mention whether it was in single player or multiplayer, and if multiplayer, whether you were the host, or just a farmhand. The more detail, the better!

Troubleshooting steps:
1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change.
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom)
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first).
4) If none of the above helps, try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)

If you have anything else to add, please feel free.
Thank you in advance to everyone willing to participate in this, your help is much appreciated!

-Ape

Please note, this thread is not intended for crash reports. If you have a crash report, please start a new thread or chime in on an existing thread for the specific crash. Thank you!
Hello. I'm playing this game on Xbox One S. I've been playing multiplayer with 1 friend. I am the Host of the game, my friend is the farmhand. At first everything seemed fine but as we progressed more within the game it started to crash randomly and the last crash was the worst. We lost a lot of items, my game suddenly changed from multiplayer mode to solo mode. The Community Center reset itself so I have to do the bundles all over again even though the minecarts still work and the bridge is fixed, I still have to redo the bundles which made me so frustrated after all that work. My game also refused to open for awhile. I fixed my game so its multiplayer again but don't know how to fix the bundles in the Community Center. I only installed the game after the 1.5.5 patch so I am unaware if it was like this beforehand. I am not using any mods. Did not play this game before the update.

dragonet64

Cowpoke
I am on a custom built pc. Two monitors, gigabyte motherboard, amd ryzen cpu, Nvidia geforce gtx 1080, 32 gb of ram.

Yes

After 1.5.5

No mods as of writing this message.

The day before the patch came out.

None did. I'll create a different forums post about my bug.

The crashes are due to a hotfix we put out. We've discovered the cause and are fixing it as we speak.
Thanks to everyone so far who has answered the performance survey!
As of Thursday Dec 9th, '21 I am still experiencing the sound and graphics stuttering I mentioned in my survey response post earlier this thread. The slight difference being that it seems to come and go now as opposed too building up to a point where the game needs to be shut off. Still mostly unplayable unless using compatibility mode. This change was notice after the hotfix to the hotfix. Once it becomes hung up it can take a couple minutes to become playable again and traveling to a new location also seems to improve things temporarily. The stuttering has caused me to die in combat situations and prevented me from traveling home to rest, thus passing out.

I do appreciate that you are looking into this and likely have many things on your to do list. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to what appears an elusive solution.

JadeT

Greenhorn
i7 10700k, GTX 1080Ti, 16GB Ram

The music and other sounds are really loud and sound distorted. When i start the game the music is so loud i have to mute it, because when i lower the volume it sounds even more distorted and the subwoofer will be even louder.

Only after the new patch

Nope

A month before it

Re-installed my audio drivers, Speakers and Headset both have this issue

Also in game the audio is really loud, it is barely playable sometimes :(

Likrai

Newcomer
CPU: AMD e-350 dual core 1.8Ghz with integrated graphics however it is disabled
GPU/ GT 220
Resolution 1600x900 60hz

Since the update the game runs at lower fps than before and micro-stutter happens when text boxes or menus appears.
Sometimes at random interval the games goes to less than 1 fps and doesn't stop until I use the return staff (haven't tried other means of teleportation) it did stopped by itself just once after a few minutes.

No only since the patch.

Yes and no; at first I was using mods but I tried after uninstalling smapi and the problem persisted.

About two weeks before on the latest version of Stardew and smapi

Yes using the compatibility version the game reverted back to 1.5.4 performance so every problem went away. none of the other changed anything tho.

broil

Farmhand

I use one monitor
Nvidia 2060 super GPU
Intel i7 cpu (I believe)
16gb of ram
The game is on internal SSD, tons of storage space still available

The game loads really fast, I play with mods and the game still loads super fast. I only have 1 save so once I load it there’s intense stuttering when walking/running around my farmhouse, inside other buildings, or just outside. After a while the stuttering goes down to a minimum, so I guess that was just my game warming up or something.

I also get occasional freezing during gameplay. I monitored it and can say my game freezes at the beginning of a new day (once I wake up) so about 6:10, and freezes every night at 7:10. The freeze last about 2 seconds.

Yes, the issues were present beforethe issues got considerably worse once the 1.5.5 patch came out. I started playing the game at patch 1.5.4 so I did notice a weird performance bug once I updated.

I am playing with:
Flavorful cows, stardew valley expanded, content patcher, custom furniture, industrial furniture, monthly spouse paycheck, npc furniture, tmxl, pytk, all the retextures from Elle on Nexus, custom critters, fishing made easy, farmer helper, eemie’s bees, butterflies, and moths, tractor mod, expanded storage, custom spouse patio wizard, automate, horse extravaganza, expanded shop inventories, bfav bulls, shop tile framework, tilesheets, fashion sense, custom chores, lookup anything, and of course the mods that these depend on to function. Some mods have so many dependents

Literally the day before lol

I’ve always played the game in windowed borderless because that is the way that I play all of my games on my pc. Switching stardew to full screen or anything else made the stuttering unbearable and constant. I also played with the vsync, turning off stardew’s vsync introduced more stuttering and lag. I tried using my Nvidia control panel vsync but it didn’t make a difference. So playing with its vsync on is better for the performance.