1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

1. Setup details: Windows 10, two monitors (one 1440, one 1080), 3070 dedicated graphics card, 119.998 hz refresh rate

2. Performance issues: the game has been crashing after a few minutes of co-op play. the time seems random, but it may be connected to random times I try to interact in the gameworld (aka pick something up, interact with an animal, place something on the ground)

3. 1.5.5 patch: I believe this is related to the patch. I am a new player but I played many hours over the weekend on the same co-op server with no issues until I tried playing today (12/7).

4. Mods: I have no mods and neither do any of the people I was playing co-op with.

5. Last time I played: Sunday

6. Troubleshooting steps: I'll get back to this post when I try them. Edit: I tried all of the troubleshooting ideas, and compatibility mode seems to be working for now.

Additional notes: When I checked the error logs, they said "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values."

Last edited:

S.C.549

Greenhorn
1) I am using a Dell G3 3500 Laptop on Windows 10.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Monitor Refresh Rate: 144Hz
System Type: 64-bit OS, x64 Based Processor

2 + 3) I had not experienced any issues before while playing Stardew, until this patch came out. Any audio related thing seems to crash the game, including clicking on CA's face during the startup. Co-op seems to have this issue as well, as my wife said they were having similar crashes.

4) No mods

5) Just a few seconds before the latest patch came out! Decided to update it since I saw the tweet for the hotfix, and then the crashes began.

6) Can't test the compatibility settings since it almost always crashes on startup.

Here's one of the error logs, and it seems to be consistent with everyone else's and the other crash logs that were generated due to the same crash.
An additional error is that the "saved settings from the last time you played (i.e. zoom levels)" doesn't seem to be working? Maybe due to the crashes it doesn't save them.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon! :iristar:

Attachments

Hello, thanks for doing this by the way, I hope it leads to solutions for us all.

1. Hardware setup:

Am using WIN 10 Pro, 64 bit with 32 GB RAM (4x8GB DDR3), a single monitor - ACER V233H with a 1920x1080 res at 60Hz, with a AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 3.60 GHz (only running 4 cores). Below is details on the graphics card.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 12/07/2021 19:45:12
System name: ***********
[Display]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Driver version: 472.12
Driver Type: DCH
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 384
Memory interface: 128-bit
Total available graphics memory: 18420 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16372 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.07.35.00.5F
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

2. The issues I am having appear as graphic and sound symptoms, no idea the cause. After playing for several minutes both the sound and graphics suddenly begin to stutter, getting worse until the sound distorts and stops, while the graphics seem to freeze or lag for several seconds after which they jump forward only to freeze and right away. At this point I can only exit the game, sometimes needing the Task Manager to close the game. This problem has been quickly repeatable every time I go Ginger Island - Island East. I am still new and that is the farthest I have gotten, but since the error/bug always occurs there I go there first after trying various attempts at a solution. Please note that this error ALWAYS occurs but may take longer to result if I use a different save game and/or go to other locations.

3. This issue only occurred after the update 1.5.5 was pushed through on Steam, and it still persists now as I write this, even with both hotfixes and troubleshooting attempts.

4. While I was using Mods intially when 1.5.5 was released, in order to troubleshoot, I unistalled SMAPI and all mods since its release.

5. I was playing Stardew Valley the day before 1.5.5 was released without any issues. I had purchased through Steam only this past Oct 31st, and since then until update 1.5.5 had logged about 110 hours in game. Some of that with mods, some without, but none had issues until 1.5.5 was released.

6. I have tried all the mentioned troubleshooting tips along with a few others ( reinstalling game, reinstalling graphics drivers, adjusting NVIDIA Control Panel Settings, and a few others too). Compatibility Mode does work for me on my 64 bit system.

I hope something here is helpful. I love this, for me, recently discovered game. While I can play in 32 bit, vanilla mode, it means no mods and the few I used were nice quality of life ones. Automatic gates can mean the difference between passing out on your front porch or making it all the way to bed... lol

Maris

Greenhorn
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)

Windows 10 ; PC with Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz; NVIDIA GeForce 1070

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)

Since the hotfix, game has crashed every time I've gone into the chicken coop to pet the chicken or pick up an egg.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?

Only after the hotfix, though I was having trouble with clicking on some items not working well yesterday.

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods?

No - vanilla.

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
Last night.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?

Restarted machine, restarted Steam. Tried suggested fixes, none helped.

Jiall

Newcomer
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)
I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz. I've got a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660. One "monitor", a Samsung TV.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)
Game repeatedly crashes under a variety of circumstances. First time was when I clicked on the eyes of Concerned Ape in the opening screen. Second time is when I pet my chickens. Third time is when I pick anything up from the ground, but not when using the hoe to dig up artifacts. Fourth crash was on the character creation screen when trying to create a new file. All crashes where for a single player files.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Worked just fine yesterday.

No mods.

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
Less than 24 hours ago.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
Tried them all, none worked for me.

Penguinzcanfly

Newcomer
I was playing just fine earlier today, and now it keeps crashing within a minute of waking up. I'll open the mailbox, and then start harvesting some crops and then it will crash. Here is the most recent error log:

Message: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 674
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 591
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\AudioEngine.cs:line 283
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4901
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3949
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: spring 16 Y1 Time of Day: 610
Game Location: Farm
Hello, I'm attaching my specs here for the nice Dev since I'm having the exact same issue as you.
Love the game! It might be an error caused by the recent update. Hope this is fixed sometime soon so I can keep on farming!

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: Inspiron 5675
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Brand: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor
CPU Family: 0x17
CPU Model: 0x1
CPU Stepping: 0x1
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3394 Mhz
16 logical processors
8 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Supported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Supported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Supported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 27.21.14.6192
DirectX Driver Version: 27.21.14.6192
Driver Date: 3 11 2021
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x1c03
Revision: 0xa1
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 3840 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 23.54" x 13.23" (26.97" diag)
59.8cm x 33.6cm (68.5cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 8x
Primary VRAM: 6143 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Memory:
RAM: 16277 MB

VR Hardware:
VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 3090072 MB
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 1422506 MB
OS Install Date: Nov 14 2021
Game Controller: None detected

Storage:
Disk serial number hash: ce5c6b01
Number of SSDs: 1
SSD sizes: 256G
Number of HDDs: 3
HDD sizes: 2000G1000G8415M

justnoah2

Newcomer
UPDATE : COMPATIBILITY MODE WORKED FOR ME TOO

1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
I'm playing on an ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360CA, running Windows 10, no extra monitors, bluetooth headphones.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.
Yes : it keeps crashing while I'm doing regular farm chores, never got past 12am (in-game). It crashes and brings me back to desktop, no warning signs : it plays ''buttery smooth'' until it doesn't play at all. Weird but worth mentioning: it shuts down immediately if I ''boop'' the ConcernedApe nose on the loading screen.

After.

No.

Yesterday, like 26 hours hours ago.

I haven't got to them yet, but I tried Rampage's advice (removed every single sound, music, noise) and I got through the day without any problems. Seems audio related for me too. Of course that means I didn't boop your nose in the beginning, so I could get to the audio settings.

Thank you for doing this and I hope you and your team get to the bottom of this issue soon!

Last edited:

SpookyRaven

Newcomer
###UPDATE###

I ran the game in compatibility mode, fullscreen, and 100% and the game didn't crash anymore! :D

1638930717803.png

Never expericed a single issue until today's update. The game crashes about a minute after I start playing doesn't matter what I'm doing my save file is unplayable :(

Yes, the appeared today right after the update. I played before and everything was fine.

No.

Right before the update.

No other performance issue, the game just crashes and closes :(

Last edited:

botoonota

Newcomer

Using Windows 10. Intel i7 CPU. Two monitors, running off a Radeon RX 5700 XT. Should be using the graphics card​

My game crashes whenever I hear animal audio sounds, or sounds from picking up an object off the floor. I can cause this on game startup by clicking on the concerned ape icon, and the duck/animal sound plays (Interestingly, it doesn't crash if the "splat" noise plays instead)​
Error Log attached to this post​

I first experienced these issues today (12/7/2021). I did not experience them yesterday or the day before. Not completely sure when the 1.5.5 patch launched.​

I first noticed this issue while running SMAPI and a few other mods. The game didn't crash, but the SMAPI Log console was spamming an error message and any audio sound played was at a random pitch.​
I have re-created the issue on a fresh installation of the game, without any mods present​

Not completely sure when the 1.5.5 patch launched. I have been playing the past 3 days. Before then, it has been years since I've last played.​

Running the game in the "compatibility" Steam-Beta has fixed the issue, and the vanilla game doesn't crash on the duck noise​

Attachments

Anhedonia

Newcomer
1) MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015); 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7; 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. No external monitors.

2) I haven't played for 6 weeks and installed 1.5.5 immediately. The current game is in year 2, summer day 27. Anytime I put something above my head other than a tool the game crashes. At first I thought it was tea leaves but I just really wanted those tea leaves. Watering can, weapon, and axe are fine to hold. Not produce. And frankly I'm tired of it crashing. Sent reports to Apple.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before? Only after 1.5.5 but I haven't played for 6 weeks.

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods? No

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley? 6 weeks ago.

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help? I tried toggling v-sync, default zoom, full screen. Full screen was an almost immediate crash.

Attachments

C.Feathers75

Newcomer
Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying Stardew Valley.
After the recent 1.5.5 patch, there have been some scattered reports of framerate or performance issues. The exact cause of these issues remains unknown, so I am turning to you, the players, for help.

I would like to gather as much data as I can about the nature of these issues, and see whether a pattern emerges which might point to a cause.

Would you be willing to answer a short questionnaire about your experience with 1.5.5 on PC so far? Whether you are experiencing issues or not, it would be helpful to get your response.

If so, please use this template:

Only share as much as you are comfortable/willing to share.
Code:
Um, my OS is Windows 10 Home (Version: 20H2) 64 bit. I am on an MSI. My processor is an Intel Core i5 9th gen. It's a laptop so I monitor. 

Yes I have. The Discord overlay is flickering, and there's a little bit of stuttering occasionally. The biggest thing however is the crashing. Whenever clicking the ConcernedApe logo before the title screen the game crashes. After about 10 mins of playing, crashes. Move the window, crash. Turn the character in the character creation menu, crash.

These issues were not present before the update.

I don't think I'm playing with mods? I've had struggles trying to get mods to work, so I don't know if I am or not. 

Literally Yesterday. 12/6/2021

No, none of them helped the crashing issure.
note 1: For example, what operating system are you using? Do you have multiple monitors? What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)? What refresh rate are you using on your monitors? What graphics card do you have? Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card? The more info you can give, the better.
note 2: "Performance Issues" means stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, "micro-stuttering", memory issues, or any other situation where the game is not "buttery smooth". Please describe exactly the scenario and context in which you encountered the issue. Make sure to mention whether it was in single player or multiplayer, and if multiplayer, whether you were the host, or just a farmhand. The more detail, the better!

Troubleshooting steps:
1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change.
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom)
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first).
4) If none of the above helps, try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)

If you have anything else to add, please feel free.
Thank you in advance to everyone willing to participate in this, your help is much appreciated!

-Ape

chelleystewart

Newcomer
GTX1070
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

- Running windows 10
- Only one monitor: Acer Predator 24.5in FHD IPS 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor (XB253QGP)
- Game was saved on my HDD not my SSD, but moved it to SSD and still crashed in the coop after picking up an egg.
- Played with a controller and keyboard/mouse. Crashed with both

- Game settings:
- VSync on, 100% zoom.
- tried it with Vsync off and it still crashed.
- normally play full screen, tried all modes and it still crashes.

I always click the purple guy's head on the "Developed by ConcernedApe" screen, 2/3 times it crashed when I clicked it a second time.

Playing on a fairly new save on the four corners map, Day 19 of Summer, Year 1 on a rainy day. My chicken coop is located at the top of the bottom right quadrant, I walk through the middle X area of the map to get there. Robin is building a barn to the left of my chicken coop. If I walk past that area towards the coop, first 3 times there was a micro-stutter, but didn't happen any of the other times. When I go inside the coop, I can interact with all 4 chickens, but if I pick up an egg the game will crash. Tried it about 7 times, one time it let me pick up one egg but crashed on the second egg, all other times it crashed on the first egg.
- Screen capture of what happens, attached error log is the crash that happened in this video https://youtu.be/f-b7Dc4_oK4
- GeForce Experience is normally always disabled, I just turned it on to capture this so it was disabled for the first 5 or so crashes.

- First time I played it I picked up about 5 crops that were ready with no problem before crashing in the coop
- Tried playing the day through without going into the coop so I went to the beach and picked up a clam and it crashed.

Switched to compatibility branch through steam and was able to pick up all 4 eggs and the clam without the game crashing. Tried it 3 times with no crashes. After switching, I launched the game 10 times and clicked on the purple guy's head a bunch with no crashes.

Attachments

Last edited:

haywud

Farmhand
System info (no overclocking by the way)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: AMD FX 8350
RAM: 16gb
Monitor: Dell E228WFP, 1680x1050 resolution, 60 hertz refresh

Yeah my setup is old, I know lol.

For the longest time now I have experienced what I guess you would call micro stuttering, so it isn't new to the recent update. I can't really say for sure what causes it, or specific times that it happens because to me it just seems random. I've tried messing with things like the screen settings, along with trying other things, but the only thing that makes any difference is to set the core affinity in Task Manager to exclude what is listed as CPU 0. Even doing that I still occasionally get some stutters, though it is noticeably less often and less severe than without changing the affinity. I only play single player, so obviously my issue is with single player mode.

I am playing with mods, and have been for quite a while, though the problem existed before I ever started using mods. I'll include a link to my recent SMAPI log to show a list of what I use, along with any other info in there that may be of use.

Last time I had played before the recent update was probably about a month ago, basically around the time I registered here.

The suggested solutions do not help. As I stated above I've tried different screen settings (different resolutions, windowed and full screen, v sync on and off), and I pretty much always play at the default zoom level so that isn't an issue. I haven't tried that compatibility version because if the game was previously a 32 bit version, and I'm still getting the same issue with a 64 bit version then I really don't see how that could be an issue.

Here is my recent SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/c51e3f1a1b6348bfb6166ad56c1af986

Notice the 17 errors listed in the log for the game. They're all audio errors (seemingly all the exact same error as well) apparently related to the Microsoft XNA Framework which I just re-installed about a day or two ago. But hey at least none of the mods show any errors!

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I just experimented with uninstalling Microsoft XNA Framework, and I'm no longer seeing those errors in the SMAPI log.

Last edited:

GlanardFrugner

Newcomer
1) Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
NVIDIA Driver version 471.41
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
16GB Ram

2) No previous issues. I am playing Solo. Currently, any time I right click to pick up a forageable item off the ground, the game crashes with no alert from the game or Steam. The game does not crash when I pick up items out of my furnace or Preserves Jar.

3) No previous performance issues

4) Not playing with any mods.

5) Was playing the game earlier today. I believe the update was released while I was playing. When I closed the game earlier today, it auto-updated in Steam. I opened the game and discovered this issue.

6) None of the suggested troubleshooting tasks worked.

toofymaw

Greenhorn
I tried a few of the troubleshooting ideas:
1. Enter fullscreen mode with 100% zoom and vsync enabled. This didn't help with crashing, but it did make my lap warmer from the computing.
2. Enter fullscreen mode with 100% zoom and vzync disabled. This didn't help.

Crashing at this point seems correlated to me walking through town between 10:00am and 2:00pm. I also triggered another crash by clicking on Ape's photo when loading the game.

I would try compatibility mode but I cannot run 32 bit apps on account of the MacOS Big Sur limitations.

SmileyBlob

Newcomer
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
I have 2 monitors, both 1920x1080. I have a windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 3 3100, a Rx570, and 16gb ram.
Each time I grab something or see an animal, I crash.
I haven't had any issues with Stardew previously.
No mods
Yesterday.
I restarted the game multiple times, restarted steam, and restarted my computer. Nothing fixed it.

MarriX

Newcomer
1. I am playing on an M1 2020 MacBook Pro, running OS Monterey.
2. I discovered a new, very specific bug today for the first time while trying to start a new co-op with a friend. In the character creation screen, if I click the right arrow to get a side view of my character, the game crashes. The crash report shows it is a "language exception" and is causing the operating system to abort the game. I tried to start a farm multiple times with my friend before I realized the exact trigger for this crash. I'm not sure if it also would happen in the character selection screen for single player, although my guess is it would.
3. I have never experienced this bug before.
4. No mods.
5. Played frequently before the patch, and successfully with existing files since, although it has been a few months since I tried to create a new save file.
6. No, didn't seem applicable to this specific issue, especially as I don't have access to some of those options in the character creation screen.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
System info (no overclocking by the way)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: AMD FX 8350
RAM: 16gb
Monitor: Dell E228WFP, 1680x1050 resolution, 60 hertz refresh
Do you happen to have both an integrated graphics unit as well as the dedicated graphics card? (I've forgotten the specifics of Windows 7, but in Windows 10 you can check by opening "Device Manager" and expanding the "Display Adapters" section).

If so, can you try disabling and re-enabling your Integrated Graphics unit? Does that help?

haywud

Farmhand
Do you happen to have both an integrated graphics unit as well as the dedicated graphics card? (I've forgotten the specifics of Windows 7, but in Windows 10 you can check by opening "Device Manager" and expanding the "Display Adapters" section).

If so, can you try disabling and re-enabling your Integrated Graphics unit? Does that help?
I'm pretty sure there is no integrated graphics on this computer. Just to be sure I looked in Device Manager and it only shows the dedicated card, so if there actually is integrated graphics then Device Manager isn't showing it.