There's a Train Running Through Stardew

qaija

Sodbuster
Has anyone picked up anything of value here? I have gone up there two or three times when this message popped up on my screen but but did not see any items at all. So I stopped going up there.

There must be SOME items dropped sometime for the game to include mention of the train running through every time it does..... it seems to me that at least once in a rare while it must drop something worthwhile.

What good items have you picked up from the train's passing?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Leprechaun Shoes are a nice bright green shoe option for outfits, otherwise it's usually not worth the run up there. Once I get enough shoes (usually 2 pair: one regular, one Tailored with Space Boots stats), I ignore the train.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Supposedly something cool can drop when it's carrying presents but I mostly ignore it unless I'm already right there early game because I've only gotten a bit of coal or the like, and almost anything else I can do for the same duration is worth more of either money or fun.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like to get hit by the train and it will make you pass out. Once I was on my hoss and got stuck between train and platform and passed out that way. It was hilariously terrifying.
Finding where the hilariously terrifying is hiding in a game like Stardew Valley is a rare talent. Perhaps I can ask you to find the sense of lighthearted levity in the inevitableness of What Remains of Edith Finch.

Sinmenon

Planter
One particular time I was lucky to get gold and iron ores along with coal, 2 omni geodes and some wood all at once.
But no shoes.
Sometimes I only get some coal or even nothing. I have no idea of the rates or the drops.

Cuusardo

Farmer
If it's a train with boxcars that have open tops, you're much more likely to get something. If it's a passenger train, don't count on getting anything.

There's also some pretty fun graffiti on some of the trains that come through the valley.

MissDandy

Farmer
I like to get hit by the train and it will make you pass out. Once I was on my hoss and got stuck between train and platform and passed out that way. It was hilariously terrifying.
When I first started playing I fr did not know you could get hit by the train until it was too late. After a long morning in the mines, the last thing my farmer expected was to have her face plastered on the front of a train. (R.I.P. the 2000G Linus stole from me)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Once I was feeling especially bold and decided to stand in front of the train and chug food the whole time.

It did nothing for me, and the train dropped one geode.

Anomalousone

Greenhorn
When I first started playing I ran up there once and got a handful of geods, another time I got some coal. I’ve never gotten anything from the Christmas tree train though. The passenger train one doesn’t seem to drop anything either.

Veracious

Tiller
Ah I've never seen the train and it always comes past when I'm to busy with something to go check, its been 8 years maybe 1 day I'll see it, but no I've not gotten anything as far as i can remember.