Train passes, but no loot?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
In my newest save, the 1.6.3 version started one, i got two times the notification that "A train is passing through Stardew Valley", complete with the relative sounds.

The first time, i was near the bathouse and railroad, so i immediately rushed there. I saw the train slowing down at the station and then, going away. Nothing was dropped.

The other time, i went later to check (same day) and still, there was also nothing to be picked up.

Did i miss something? Aren't the drops very visible or obvious, to spot? Maybe there is a chance for nothing to drop at all? How does this event works out for us, the player?

Did the train in your older 1.5... saves always drop loot?
Did the train you speak about carry loot waggons at all?

As long as I play that's the way it is: sometimes it drops loot, sometimes it doesn't, dependent on the sort of waggons it carries.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Did the train in your older 1.5... saves always drop loot?
Did the train you speak about carry loot waggons at all?

As long as I play that's the way it is: sometimes it drops loot, sometimes it doesn't, dependent on the sort of waggons it carries.
Then that solves it. Thanks for letting me know! In 1.5, i honestly didn't know you can do that at all, only once i accidentally picked up some stuff from the railroad, which turned out to be minerals, too. Back then, i had no idea, they were related to the train passing and was actually wondering, how they appeared there.

Maybe daily luck is also a factor, because in 1.6, the days a train passes, are of bad luck to me (spirits mildly perturbed and very displeased).

Will keep my eyes open!