I want to hear your most controversial Opinion about Stardew!

imnvs

Local Legend
Like what?
“Do me a favor... when I pass away, use my dust to fertilize some corn for the hens.”
“Sometimes I stop and realize that I'm nothing more than a bag of juicy, squishy flesh. But hey... that's just fine... what's life, anyway?”
“The name 'Shane' means 'Gift from Yoba'... What a joke.”

Then there's the stuff that suggests he's not as recovered as he lets on most days:
“I'm just gonna have a couple more beers before closing my eyes for the night.”
“If I don't order a cold one now and then, Gus will go out of business. I'm just doing my civic duty. I'll head home around 10.”

And then there's the stuff that makes me go, WTF?
“I guess... if I had some pants I might've gone outside today... but, nah.”

CrazybobC

Sodbuster
Like what?
"Buh... I wish I was six inches taller and a whole lot smarter... You like me for who I am? I still have a hard time understanding that..."
"Buh... sometimes life feels like a slow, grey blur... know what I mean?"

AND THE REAL KICKERs
"*smooch*... Mmm, it tastes like someone's been nibbling on pizza rolls."
"*Sniff*... *sniff*... mmm... what's that wonderful fragrance you're wearing? Eau de pepperoni?"
"I already fed the kids two bowls of pizza puffs cereal. They'll be full for a while."
😭

FairyRing

Farmer
Alright there I go:
  1. I was never a fan of Shane or Sebastian, they are extremly unlikeable if you ask me
  2. Caroline is the wizard's daughter (She has unnatural hair, she knows wizard and Pierre got jealus on things that were unrelated) while Abigail's hair never fades because she has wizard in her anchestry (I spelled it right?) and she can cast spells.
  3. Penny asked Maru out but Maru rejected her since she is straight. They are on good terms.
  4. Joja are the evilest thing in existance
  5. Maru is actually a nice person rather than annoying.
I think Maru is one of the nicest of the singles. She is polite and accepting from the beginning, she knows our name right off and doesn't call us farm person or farmer.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
“Do me a favor... when I pass away, use my dust to fertilize some corn for the hens.”
“Sometimes I stop and realize that I'm nothing more than a bag of juicy, squishy flesh. But hey... that's just fine... what's life, anyway?”
“The name 'Shane' means 'Gift from Yoba'... What a joke.”

Then there's the stuff that suggests he's not as recovered as he lets on most days:
“I'm just gonna have a couple more beers before closing my eyes for the night.”
“If I don't order a cold one now and then, Gus will go out of business. I'm just doing my civic duty. I'll head home around 10.”

And then there's the stuff that makes me go, WTF?
“I guess... if I had some pants I might've gone outside today... but, nah.”
Once you marry him he become about as good he is at 2-4 hearts, mush worse than leaving him at 8 or 10.

Reactions: Tom

LRangerR

Local Legend
"Buh... I wish I was six inches taller and a whole lot smarter... You like me for who I am? I still have a hard time understanding that..."
"Buh... sometimes life feels like a slow, grey blur... know what I mean?"

AND THE REAL KICKERs
"*smooch*... Mmm, it tastes like someone's been nibbling on pizza rolls."
"*Sniff*... *sniff*... mmm... what's that wonderful fragrance you're wearing? Eau de pepperoni?"
"I already fed the kids two bowls of pizza puffs cereal. They'll be full for a while."
😭
While it's a little weird, i don't find them creepy or unsettling. To each their own though.

Pierre is just as bad as joja.
I've said it before, but Pierre wasn't always like that. In some of the earlier versions of SDV Pierre was generally likable, if flawed. At some point though, he had a major character overhaul which turned him into the terrible person he is now. I find it sad, I really liked him much better before.

Tom

Rancher
1. Sebastian, yuck. I will second that. I am surprised I can warm up to Alex and Sam, and Elliot is a charmer. But Sebastian? I just don't see how my niece could marry him.
2. Mechanics: the multi-player shared clock was the single design mistake of Stardew Valley.

ApricotMarshy

Greenhorn
- I really think that most character hate is undeserved and only really kept on being hyped because of the fans. Now I feel bad for liking Clint, Haley, Lewis, Gunther, and Demetrius, and maybe Pam. And that's a ridiculous number of villagers to hate considering the there aren't many npcs in town

- People who like Shane but hate Haley just feels so off. Why not hate them both?

- Haley is seriously not that horrible as a person. If you exclude her initial greeting, her "Are you wearing makeup/Are those made of plastic?", and her "eww...no" response then she is literally not that mean. Those mentioned lines are just 3-4 out of the all of the other lines she has! Most of the things she says just sound like thoughts that other villagers would not say out loud. Or they just sound like she's letting words accidently fall out of her mouth.

- It kind of annoys me how people are so quick to hate on the commonly hated characters but then leave George out of it? I don't hate George but when it comes to what traits in these npcs are found attractive and what aren't, I would think that George would have more of a mob out to get him. But maybe it's because he's just an old man and they don't want to seem like jerks?

- Gunther is literally just sitting there, what the heck could you possibly hate him for? He does give you decent rewards for donating and you get a Stardrop after 60-70 items donated! You don't even have to finish the museum after that if you don't want to. It's so easy to donate ores and minerals because you get themfrom geodes. The dig spot artifacts are all easy too.