Why Hate Taylor Swift?

How Much Do You Like TS???

• Total voters
I’m not a swiftie but I most certainly do not hate her. She has some songs that I find catchy and some that grate on my nerves if I hear them one too many times. She’s very beautiful and seems like a kind person. That being said, the hold she has on the majority of the population rubs me the wrong way. Simply put, it isn’t her but the most extreme and obsessive of her fans (at least for me).

I find her not quite as authentic as she clearly wants to be perceived. For example, her father owned a sizeable share of her former record company. When the company sold, she claimed she was unaware and guided fans to rage against the man who bought it "without her knowledge." How would someone who's father funded her initial success be "unaware" of major financial happenings such as a sale/merger/whatever that said company has to disclose to shareholders before it takes place? She clearly used it to drive hype for the "Taylor's Version" albums and it worked splendidly for her. I think she is a very talented singer, but she's definitely not perfect. She also strikes me as a teenager in a 30-something year old's body, just based off of her song lyrics and composure at events such as the Grammy's. As far as the Kanye thing goes, Taylor green-lit the song he made a few years ago in which he claimed, "I made that b**** famous"; you can hear the phone call Kim Kardashian leaked after everyone lost their minds about it, which shouldn't be all that shocking as they all belong to the caste of people who thrive on media attention of any kind--it makes you wonder how much of the "feuds" and "beefs" are completely orchestrated.

DragonGwen

Farmer
I just don't get why people like her so much. I like one of her songs but why are people switching football teams just because their favorite singer likes another?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I just don't get why people like her so much. I like one of her songs but why are people switching football teams just because their favorite singer likes another?
People are tribal. We like to include and exclude groups, ideas, teams but the problem is the reasons are capricious, random and changing. So it's all completely arbitrary.

And used by many as an excuse to not like this and like that in an effort to... feel better about themselves? I dunno but picking and choosing what or who to like and not like doesn't make me feel better about anything. Family seems like a reasonable group but how much and what about your cousin nobody can stand?

So IMO there are only 2 groupings that make sense: yourself and everybody.

I choose to like everybody and find the best in them. Yes, some people cause a lot of trouble for others and don't deserve it. So what? I'd rather they get the love than exclude someone else who deserves it but isn't included by some arbitrarily made-up and ultimately ephemeral delineation.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Because they never really liked football in the first place. There will always be sensationalists, those who are in it for the experience, but most of these people won't really understand what's going on, they just want to feel included.

Draconifors

Farmhand
I don't particularly care for her music, but I don't hate her, either. Basically, I have no strong opinion of her.

I don't know why she is as popular as she is, but it doesn't matter to me. Anyone hugely popular is always going to have haters, though. Some hate due to genuine dislike, others for questionable reasons (like thinking it's "cool" to hate on someone/something).
The extremeness of the lengths to which some people go to be fans or haters is not something I can even begin to understand.

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
eh, they're is a lot of her music I love, and a lot where it just feels very generic, ya know? I really like Anti-Hero, You Belong With Me, and Cruel Summer tbh

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
It has come to my attention that many people hate Taylor Swift. I realize that nobody is perfect and she has some flaws just like everyone else, but I don’t understand why Taylor Swift has so many haters. As a swiftie I’m trying to get to know why others dislike Taylor so much. At school there are a lot of people who claim they don’t like her due to her music, but that seems like a very brief answer. I myself have celebrities that I hate but it’s not primarily based off of their music, acting etc. If you hate Taylor Swift, I would like to know why.

I won’t be arguing, this thread is purely to understand why others dislike Taylor Swift.​
Some people just find her cringe, and some think she is too generic, idk

I... don't mind her. I don't like some of her music, but I like some of it. Take the good for the bad. I'd be petrified if I ever saw her in person, such a famous person, and me, being in the even remotely same area? I'd be frozen.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I... don't mind her. I don't like some of her music, but I like some of it. Take the good for the bad. I'd be petrified if I ever saw her in person, such a famous person, and me, being in the even remotely same area? I'd be frozen.
Yeah, that'd really be something huh? Can you imagine?

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
It has come to my attention that many people hate Taylor Swift. I realize that nobody is perfect and she has some flaws just like everyone else, but I don’t understand why Taylor Swift has so many haters. As a swiftie I’m trying to get to know why others dislike Taylor so much. At school there are a lot of people who claim they don’t like her due to her music, but that seems like a very brief answer. I myself have celebrities that I hate but it’s not primarily based off of their music, acting etc. If you hate Taylor Swift, I would like to know why.

I won’t be arguing, this thread is purely to understand why others dislike Taylor Swift.​
I don't hate Taylor Swift (no real opinion of her though I do like a couple of her songs and that's it)...but some 'swifties', they do worry me.

imnvs

Local Legend
Just was reminded of one thing I do actively dislike about Taylor Swift, though... she has two private jets and uses them extensively. She has a larger carbon footprint than all of us combined.

Draconifors

Farmhand
she has two private jets and uses them extensively
Active private jetting is something I dislike, too. Totally unnecessary for celebrities.

On a related note, there was a news article on BBC on February 22nd about a planespotter who had angered some celebrities, including Swift, because he tracks celebrities' private jets and publishes the information (which is in no way secret, so he isn't doing anything wrong) online. One of his reasons is carbon footprints.
Getting upset over such tracking is silly. It would be easy to avoid by simply not using those jets so much.

imnvs

Local Legend
Getting upset over such tracking is silly. It would be easy to avoid by simply not using those jets so much.
Yeah, Elon had someone's Twitter account banned for tracking his private jet usage. Now here's someone truly deserving of hate.

Flutterdoc

Farmhand

lol someone sent this to me the other day

Attachments