Why Hate Taylor Swift?

How Much Do You Like TS???

• Total voters

StardewSwiftie

Farmhand
It has come to my attention that many people hate Taylor Swift. I realize that nobody is perfect and she has some flaws just like everyone else, but I don’t understand why Taylor Swift has so many haters. As a swiftie I’m trying to get to know why others dislike Taylor so much. At school there are a lot of people who claim they don’t like her due to her music, but that seems like a very brief answer. I myself have celebrities that I hate but it’s not primarily based off of their music, acting etc. If you hate Taylor Swift, I would like to know why.

I won’t be arguing, this thread is purely to understand why others dislike Taylor Swift.​

imnvs

Local Legend
Most folks that hate her, imho, just hate her because she's popular while not being male.

That said, I don't care for her music, but as a person she's okay.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
People hate on fictional stardew characters. People hate on any person that is successful. Some people are just hateful.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i don't really hate her, but i'm not really a fan of like... the attention/glorifying people give to celebrities, and for taylor swift in particular, people focus on her so much and talk about her so much that hearing her name just makes me a bit exhausted lol

her music isn't my thing, i tend to listen to pretty niche stuff, so overall her stuff doesn't appeal to me and i have no real opinion of any news that comes out

LRangerR

Local Legend
To be fair, Taylor has also become a massive troll of her haters as well. I find it quite amusing at times, and she even goes out of her way to be obnoxious. Also, people have hated her since her debut, but that's because she's a pop artist and it's easy to hate pop artists, especially country pop.

I personally find her as a curiosity. She's a quirky one, what with her kind hearted e-stalkiness, riddles in every little thing she does that make Q-drops look mild, and writing songs about and for people. But I also know there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. I don't know what I would do if I ever saw her in person. She's a very intimidating lass.

ArtifactSpot

I don’t hate anyone. Dislike yes, but not hate. I don’t see her as the best role model for the tweens and teens who idolize her. Her voice is good, but not my favorite lyrics. She could use some more coverage clothing wise as could most in her industry. So I voted I don’t care much for her. Especially role model wise for our youth who idolize her so.

Odin

Staff member
She's always struck me as a pretty positive role model and seems to do a fair amount of good both it terms of philanthropy and speaking out. And I like what she's done to take back more control over her own music. If I had any complaint it was that having two private jets seemed a bit excessive, but then she sold one.

imnvs

Local Legend
It also frustrates me when people say Kanye made her successful even though she’s a very talented singer/songwriter.
No, Kanye didn't make her famous. He says he did, but he was only being a colossal dick to her when she won a Grammy and claims (with no evidence) that this act is what made her famous. She was winning a Grammy, dude! She was already famous!

StardewSwiftie

Farmhand
No, Kanye didn't make her famous. He says he did, but he was only being a colossal dick to her when she won a Grammy and claims (with no evidence) that this act is what made her famous. She was winning a Grammy, dude! She was already famous!
This is so true. It especially annoys me that Kanye is mad at her for simply being upset that he was a jerk towards her. I don’t blame Taylor for being upset about him ruining the ex of her getting a grammy.