Who did you marry first?

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
I got all of the marriage candidates up to 8 hearts first before marrying anyone, just to see their stories and how things worked out. Then I went with Shane. Of the male characters, he made the most sense for me, story-wise. He wants to be a chicken farmer and stay in the valley, so he can help around the farm and be happy. Harvey and Elliot have their own careers and wouldn't really match up with the farm, and Sam, Alex, and Sebastian all want to leave the valley and have major careers elsewhere so I'd feel bad tying them to the farm.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Harvey and Elliot have their own careers and wouldn't really match up with the farm, and Sam, Alex, and Sebastian all want to leave the valley and have major careers elsewhere so I'd feel bad tying them to the farm.
Harvey still works and Elliot still writes after you marry them. I made Elliot a nice office/writing room in my current farm where I've married him. As for Sebastian, you won't feel so bad about it after you marry him. Trust me. 😉

MoonlightFarms

Greenhorn
In my first playthrough, I married Shane. I was horrible at the game to a hilarious degree and made no progress other than marrying him.

Who did you marry in your first playthrough? :hlevel:
Sam <3 I was just really inclined to his 'fun' style, and he seemed cool ! afterwards, i set my sight on sebastian in a new save file, but chased leah instead

emsydacat

Greenhorn
In a current save I'm trying to woo Elliott - admire you for making him your first marriage. I'm finding getting over to the Beach to woo him a challenge. But the romance makes it worth the effort!
Thanks! He's just who I was attracted to, haha. Yeah, his schedule is difficult to get used to, but eventually you will. He goes to the forest, library, saloon, the docks, and the bridge to the beach as well, so I would keep that in mind. I suggest planting a pomegranate tree and/or getting ducks ASAP for gifting, as they're loved gifts that are relatively easy to obtain on a regular basis. Hope this helps!