Who did you marry first?

Tinks

Planter
Penny cos she reminded me of my mum but I'm playing as my dad in that game.

I haven't started a friendship with anyone in particular in games where the character is based on me, unless it was to get a specific gift off them.

hexnessie

Farmer
I'm a horrible antisocial person because despite efforts underway, I have not yet married anybody on all the farms I made.

Marriage is usually the last thing I'm trying to do, and at this point my house is a huge cheese processing plant and illegal greenhouse full of pots that I would have to clear if somebody were to live there with me. So I usually end up just making another farm...

Lew Zealand

Helper
Penny's a bit of a pathetic wet fish like myself so obviously I married her in my first save. Coulda been Harvey but moustache. Coulda been Maru because glasses FTW (see: Harvey) but then she went all hard to find.

The game seems to push Haley and Alex on the unfamiliar player as they are easily available in Spring in town, as is Penny. Harvey's in town but unless you catch him in the little park, you can miss him for weeks on end. If you don't know to go to the Saloon, you'll miss lotsa people, especially Sebastian, Leah, and Elliot. And especially Emily as I didn't feel comfortable barging into people's houses. I don't think I even knew about Abigail for a long while as if you don't go into town pretty early, you can miss her entirely.

FarmerJoJo

Planter
I'm in the Penny crowd. I kept running into her, she fell for the flowers I had just picked 20 minutes earlier, and I knew that my farmhouse would be a step up from the trailer. An easy choice for my first game.

Eventually I'll woo Leah (also goes for foraged flowers), but would like to move into her lovely riverside house!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I married Abigail in my first playthrough and I'm working up the nerve to divorce her for Krobus. Every time I almost do it I just can't. Maybe I will eventually, maybe I won't but either way, I like her.
I have been spectacularly and completely uninterested in divorcing anyone in the game. Frankly I don't get the point as you can just play the game again and marry someone else. I guess that means I'll need to play the game 12 ok, 13 times to see everything and yeah, that's a lot of gameplay time. Which could be saved with some g and a stiff spine, but IMO it's antithetical to the feel of the game. Of course my opinion only and irrelevant to everyone else, but I can't do it.

Of course as I walk by someone I've married in another save I say "Hello, alt-squeeze!" in my head, which induces a weird kind of cognitive dissonance. But I get over it soon enough.

Last edited:

BriMachine

Greenhorn
I was torn through like half of my playthrough between Sam and Sebastian, I dated Sam till 10 hearts because his gifts were easier, but then when i finally found some of Sebastian's favorite gifts I went back to him.

Kurachi84

Planter
I had Penny first time in SDV, but i don't have my old characters anymore(farm was full of trees for some reason... i was a noob, haha), and i no longer want penny, due to her endless complaining about how the kids are tough to handle, almost every time i talk to her when she gets home.
I'm no optimist myself, but man, she can be a downer, and that's not what i want in a game i play to escape reality.

But yeah, if she didn't complain so much(maybe just once a week), i'd take her again with many characters(i have lots of characters).

I have been spectacularly and completely uninterested in divorcing anyone in the game. Frankly I don't get the point as you can just play the game again and marry someone else. I guess that means I'll need to play the game 12 ok, 13 times to see everything and yeah, that's a lot of gameplay time. Which could be saved with some g and a stiff spine, but IMO it's antithetical to the feel of the game. Of course my opinion only and irrelevant to everyone else, but I can't do it.

Of course as I walk by someone I've married in another save I say "Hello, alt-squeeze!" in my head, which induces a weird kind of cognitive dissonance. But I get over it soon enough.
I'm the same. I married Abigail the first time through and I've been working through the rest, save after save. Part of me wants to have a character where the Stardew Valley Checkup shows 100% complete for social, meaning they saw Every cutscene, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the "integrity" of any of my current farms to do so. So I'd have to start up a new one for that and I honestly can't see that happening any time soon.