Who did you marry first?

Confused

Rancher
Back when I was able to play the game (still trying to find a fix that works for me since the update) I married several of them in new saves (I've never divorced anyone, just created new saves)... I married Sebastian first (modded). His degree of introversion is close to my own. Then I dated everyone to see their 10 heart events and married Sebastian again. Then Penny (modded). Then Sebastian again. Then Elliot (modded) who I turned out to like more than Sebastian or Penny. Then I lived with Krobus but his anxiety about being found out and assassinated was too heart-wrenching so I moved him out and erased his memory about it. Then I found the Romanceable Rasmodius mod and I'll never go back to the general population again. Ras is the one for me. Or will be again when I can play the game.
Ras is the hottest, and I will never marry another spouse again. I love the wizard dang it-

spaeyder

Greenhorn
I always start my games with the intention to marry Leah, but I run through her heart events so quickly that I forget about her by the time I feel like getting married. I dated multiple people out of curiosity in my first game and I really would have married Leah if Sebastian's date wasn't so damn unexpectedly romantic. He really swept me off my feet and we got married a week later

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I married Harvey first - loved his story arc. He was also a great spouse, except for the constant doctor-type dialogue....
Yet he still charges you unmercifully if you die, even as your spouce, you make millions of g and he is so petty he has to charge his own spouce money?

This is just a joke, he is a pretty nice guy.
Good day

Jigsaw2888

Greenhorn
I've only married once. I married Harvey. Now I want to know what the others do to modify your house. I saw a file where they "married everyone" I play on my phone and a lot of options aren't available on the phone version. Wondering if I wanted to marry someone else instead if I can on my phone. Anyone know how?

Hill Myna

Farmer
I've only married once. I married Harvey. Now I want to know what the others do to modify your house. I saw a file where they "married everyone" I play on my phone and a lot of options aren't available on the phone version. Wondering if I wanted to marry someone else instead if I can on my phone. Anyone know how?
There is a list of all the spouse room appearances on the wiki (https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Marriage#Spouse_Rooms). Only some of the floors match with floors that the player can get, so be careful if you care about that!

If you want to marry someone else on the same file, scroll down to the Divorce section. There will be spoilers.

And yes, all of these features are available on mobile. :)

Hope this helps!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can do pretty much everything having to do with marriage on the mobile version, the only update missing fro it is 1.5 and that has little to nothing having to do with marriage.
You can only marry one character at a time regardless of version and the way you break up with a character is by going to mayor lewis' house and clicking on the plaqe at the far left, divorcing costs 50,000g.
The person you divorced will now hate you forever and stay at 0 hearts unless you have unlocked the witch's swamp where you can revert all previous spouces memory and regain hearts with them again.
The spouce that redoes your house deco is also penny if you wanted to know.

Coki

Greenhorn
In my first playthrough, I married Shane. I was horrible at the game to a hilarious degree and made no progress other than marrying him.

Who did you marry in your first playthrough? :hlevel:
I'd marry caroline but she's married to pierre so i guess abigail?

FairyRing

Farmer
I married Leah my first save on my device. She seems more my actual age, she's an artist and irl I am too (although my farmer isn't...) And I like her little house on the river. She was a little too separated from the townsfolk, would often disappear and her gifts were just ok.
Now my choice is Abigail.
I want to do a save for every marriageable character. I am very curious about the final heart events and what they say post marriage, and how they all react to pet slimes in the house, what gifts they give.

Last edited:

lmandrews012

Greenhorn
First man I married was Elliot. He's so romantic.

First lady I married was Penny, since she was just so sad living with Pam even though I don't think she's the most interesting Bachelorette.

Last edited by a moderator:

ISSsloth

Farmer
In my main save I meant to marry someone based on my own preferences since I didn't really have a character in mind for that farm, but I never actually picked someone to date (It took me way too long to realize I'm aroace.). Eventually I decided to have Krobus move in a few days after I unlocked the sewers, so I'm working on that. In my later saves I'll make sure to pick spouses based of the farmer's personality and not my own.

Confused

Rancher
In my main save I meant to marry someone based on my own preferences since I didn't really have a character in mind for that farm, but I never actually picked someone to date (It took me way too long to realize I'm aroace.). Eventually I decided to have Krobus move in a few days after I unlocked the sewers, so I'm working on that. In my later saves I'll make sure to pick spouses based of the farmer's personality and not my own.
Yeah I never make my farmer me, in any game really, I just don't like it lol. I used to make this mistake when I was young.