What is your dream job?

Apples

Farmhand
Zookeeper! I've always had a lot of interest in animals and the zoo is the best place to go in my opinion especially after the more recent changes they've made to my local zoo. The best position for me would be in the flight cage because ducks are adorable.

coille

Cowpoke
School psychologist (I really want to help kids that need it and make sure they're on the right path for life) or professional tornado chaser (because tornados are cool).

i simply do not dream of labor
I don't think there is any dream job for me. I don't like having to work. There's never been any passion or hobby that I would want to do every day for money.
I did a test piece writing for StardewGuide and when they asked for a rewrite, I noped out. I love to write and I love Stardew Valley but trying to monetize it just sucked all the joy out of it.
I'm a caregiver for a severely disabled family member who lives with me. It earns enough, allows me to be at home with my family, and it's important work that needs doing. But it's too hard and gross to ever be my "dream job".

Lew Zealand

Helper
I don't think there is any dream job for me. I don't like having to work. There's never been any passion or hobby that I would want to do every day for money.
I did a test piece writing for StardewGuide and when they asked for a rewrite, I noped out. I love to write and I love Stardew Valley but trying to monetize it just sucked all the joy out of it.
I'm a caregiver for a severely disabled family member who lives with me. It earns enough, allows me to be at home with my family, and it's important work that needs doing. But it's too hard and gross to ever be my "dream job".
Thank you for doing that work when someone needs it so badly. Not everyone is able to make that commitment even with decent enough compensation.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I loved reading all the dreams of the younger of our group (and the older). When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher. As a young adult, I wanted to be a librarian (until I learned that it would cost around $70k for the masters degree needed and there's only two librarians in my town so slim pickens). I finally ended up in the tech field which was a challenge for a woman my age at the time. But I loved it. As I got much older, my dream job was no job. And that's exactly where I am (retired)! And THEN, my son who is a game designer, suggested that since I loved playing games so much, I should consider being a content creator. So if I have a dream, it's to get subscribers and be famous on YouTube. *laughs*

Keep on dreaming, farmers!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I loved reading all the dreams of the younger of our group (and the older). When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher. As a young adult, I wanted to be a librarian (until I learned that it would cost around $70k for the masters degree needed and there's only two librarians in my town so slim pickens). I finally ended up in the tech field which was a challenge for a woman my age at the time. But I loved it. As I got much older, my dream job was no job. And that's exactly where I am (retired)! And THEN, my son who is a game designer, suggested that since I loved playing games so much, I should consider being a content creator. So if I have a dream, it's to get subscribers and be famous on YouTube. *laughs*

Keep on dreaming, farmers!
If you have a YouTube, I’ll subscribe as I’m sure a lot of others would too

Rhiannon

Farmer
If you have a YouTube, I’ll subscribe as I’m sure a lot of others would too
Thank you FG! I have a link to my YT channel in my signature. I don't think I'm allowed to put a link in a post like this. But you can search TY for "Retired Geek Woman" and it should find me. I have 75 subscribers as of today (11/21/22) and two different playlists, SDV is one of them. Thanks for the support!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thank you FG! I have a link to my YT channel in my signature. I don't think I'm allowed to put a link in a post like this. But you can search TY for "Retired Geek Woman" and it should find me. I have 75 subscribers as of today (11/21/22) and two different playlists, SDV is one of them. Thanks for the support!
nice, I only have 37 subs :l but I need to put in more quality to videos or add my voice.
I believe I'd be a much better streamer but sadly cannot for a plethora of reasons.

I'll also maybe take your idea to put my yt into my description thing here-thanks

Rhiannon

Farmer
You have 38 now. Not all videos have voiceovers. I do it because I produce "Let's play" videos and for me it seems like a commentary is needed. Plus it's fun. Plus (in keeping with this thread topic) it's my dream job. 😎

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I just took a look and your videos speak for themselves. Short and sweet.
Thanks, I’m hoping to put more effort into them, I don’t have much cash to pour into a good editor so I’m getting something simpler like adobe video editor to work. So far the editing only comprises of a few video cuts.

idk what people like to watch either, I like both terraria and stardew but I feel that if I pick one it will turn out better.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm in college for Game Design and Art at the moment so hopefully something to do with that. I have other dreams but I'd probably save them for later.
That’s pretty cool, design and the creative aspect of making something has always interested me but been something I know I won’t do.

I’m more the type of person to write the extensive and perfectly cohesive system behind a game. Not code it though, I sadly can’t code for the life of me

Isa730

Rancher
That’s pretty cool, design and the creative aspect of making something has always interested me but been something I know I won’t do.

I’m more the type of person to write the extensive and perfectly cohesive system behind a game. Not code it though, I sadly can’t code for the life of me
I've always had a hard time with coding, it's something I really need to learn how to do. Programmers are (unfortunately) so much more highly valued in that (or any) industry. I have some experience with C#, C++, and Python, but not nearly to the point where I can figure out legit issues without help. I'm hoping after college I can get an accreditation of some sort in those languages though! :smile:

I agree though that design is almost ALWAYS the most interesting part of those kinds of projects for me. It was the case when I was an engineer (swapped majors) as well. Hated all the behind-the-scenes math stuff. I think it would be so fun to be the person who 3D models LEGO sets though--like a master builder. :laugh:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I've always had a hard time with coding, it's something I really need to learn how to do. Programmers are (unfortunately) so much more highly valued in that (or any) industry. I have some experience with C#, C++, and Python, but not nearly to the point where I can figure out legit issues without help. I'm hoping after college I can get an accreditation of some sort in those languages though! :smile:

I agree though that design is almost ALWAYS the most interesting part of those kinds of projects for me. It was the case when I was an engineer (swapped majors) as well. Hated all the behind-the-scenes math stuff. I think it would be so fun to be the person who 3D models LEGO sets though--like a master builder. :laugh:
Yeah I can understand that, coders are so valued and sometimes artists can be so ignored in industries that don’t specifically focus on them.

Hanar

Cowpoke
As I was 14 years old, I wanted to become a vet.

I suffer from severe autism with comorbidity. It was late diagnosted, because in Germany, psychological issues, the 80ties and a small village school....they just say, I just have to adjust.

So school was tormenting for me. I graduated highschool, worked in an office, failed the university and got a total breakdown. Then I was diagnosed, but everything was too late and we are not rich, so I stay at home.
Tried to work, but I forgot too much and suddenly couldn`t speak anymore.

In germany most therapists do not have knowledge about autism. And the state insucrance does not pay therapy for grown ups, because it can not be healed.

Well there go my dreams. I´m glad that I have a loving wife. I do the household and cook.