1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Benhimself

Rancher
Ok besides being part of a collection and everyone likes complete collections of something and that’s great and good when you have that knack (which I don’t except in museum lol!) but work boot stats aren’t great (and not the best looking shoe just in my opinion) yet there are so many here trying so hard to get them. Am I missing something? Are they worth more than it appears or is it a collectors item? Really no offense to anyone wanting them I’m just wondering if there is really something about them I’m missing out on? I’ve gotten them many times but I just put them in the trash and make a few hundred gold instead. Wish I could send these coveted boots to yall instead!😁
Honestly I'm not one of the full collectors but I know numerous people care very much about the work boots so felt them dropping was worth mentioning. I do personally dig the aesthetic of simple practical boots more than, y'know, shoes made of solid crystal or dragon jester folderol so while I don't go out of my way to get them, when I DO get them I tend to keep them tailored as my best footwear.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think I finished my Greenhouse.

Per the usual, little was planned except the bottom row of reharvestables and even those went in in a mess as they were scattered about the bottom 3 rows with many duplicates but I eventually got it straightened out. Literally. The Froot Trees are as I got them in-game, no plan. Which is why Cherry is missing but never fear, it's featured on the Ginger Farm orchard which is coming along though it isn't finished yet. Hidden below the L and R Tree columns are more Pineapples in Garden Pots and the Iridium Scythe allows harvesting from that second row of Pineapples at the top.

I don't see what else to do here, sooo: finished!

time for a lie down...

Y5Fa8 Greenhouse final.jpg

stardew_luv

Planter
Please never tell us how many pairs of work boots you have thrown away. You will hear our screams of agony from wherever you are.
I really didn’t mean to upset anyone. I apologize for upsetting you. I genuinely don’t mean to hurt people. Some people have great luck finding some things in this game, other people have great luck finding others. Since 1.6 I struggle to find clay. Everyone around here thinks that’s funny but until I make it to GI I can’t get clay or really hardly any artifact spots. I get clothes, furnitures, lots of carrots and squash and broccoli but no clay from those I do find. I used to get lots of clay. Not now. Same with Prismatic shards. Not too hard before 1.6. After, near impossible!

Really my only question about them is I realize they are a collector’s prize and I wish I could send mine to all those seeking that prize. I’m just trying to figure out if there is something about them I’m missing except their rarity and collectibility? I don’t see good stats on them, but there’s often hidden worth in things I don’t get until later. Not that collections aren’t valuable. I guess I’m just digging myself in a bigger hole here. I genuinely apologize for hurting anyone. I’m going to have to humbly ask forgiveness and I’ll go back to lurking mostly it fares better for all.

stardew_luv

Planter
Work Boots are the rarest item in the game and a few people are trying to find a full collection of either all the Clothing or all the Everything in the game and that Venn diagram* includes this horrifically rare item. Honestly the RNG for them and everything in the game is arbitrary. 'Cuz it's a game. And as you said, the stats on Work Boots are not great. So for these reasons, changing their RNG to be slightly better than the chances of my butt making it to Neptune is a very reasonable thing to do.

By the way, this is currently the best known Venn diagram ever to exist:
Ok I did not realize they were the rarest item. I knew they were rare but just didn’t realize how rare. Ok I apologize for hurting others on this. We all have the rarest items we are looking for. Clay and prismatic shards have been mine since 1.6. T all in what cards are drawn at the beginning of a game.

Speaking of rare, in my main save I have three prismatic shards in trunks and already have the galaxy sword. I know the shard is rare and valuable but I just stare and move on. Not sure if I have work boots or not... :grin:

I'm just about to begin summer of year 6. Recently I noticed I have close to 200 jade in my trunks. I really need to remember to exchange those for staircases...

Akuriko

Farmhand
im on year 4, fish smoker farms, i added more dehydrators to my dehydrator shed, working on making some fish ponds, unlocked ginger island,, using ginger island for ancient fruit and using the riverland farrm for buildings and stuff now, I'm also pondering building a 5th shed for my future crystalariums. then once I finish my skull runs and get all the auto petter I need then I will start to fill my barns and coops up so I don't have to manage them, lol oh and I'm on winter year 4, also pondering filling the shed up completely in shed 1 with fish smokers as well, lol

It's been a while since I posted, but since Morris completed his Joja Public Works Project in my Stardew Expanded + Ridgeside Village game, he offered me a contract to purchase and renovate the old Aurora Vineyard for 5,000,000g! So for 411 tillable tiles of land, this comes out to a little over 12,000g per tile :gasp: Well, I have since purchased it, and everyone in town (less the folks from Ridgeside Village) inluding Abigail and Sophia have congratulated my farmer Max.

Also, I've finally "rolled the counter" on Qi Gems:

Qi Gem Overflow.jpg

Akuriko

Farmhand
so currently i am finishing wwith robins help the 4th coop on the river land farm then going to start the 5 barns I wont fill them till I get all the auto petters, should be a good goal as I'm on the cc route. i got 1 auto petter that dropped in the advanced mines route with radio active ore so it drops from enemys too

BeBop268170

Farmhand
Today, I stockpiled my 50,000th Fiber.

Now, if the odds of finding Fiber from a Weed is 1/2, and the odds of finding a Living Hat are 1/100,000 per Weed, then logic dictates that my new odds, for finding a Living Hat from a Weed, is... 1/100,000. :/