1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Maher

Farmer
Maybe it's like the opposite of those mini monsters (or rudely shaped things) you used to find in joke shops, you put them in water and they got like 50x bigger. Furniture that gets smaller in water would actually be handy if you're moving house. You could transport a whole room in a goldfish bowl. Although soggy cushions take forever to dry out... but you can vacuum-bag those down pretty flat, so maybe just the frames... I'm overthinking this. 😆
Tardis technology. Like how houses, barns, coops, and sheds get more capacious with no change in footprint. Like how you can put a sofa in your backpack.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Decided to do the trout derby in spite of rain. Out of about forty fish caught between both days, only five were rainbow trout - and zero tags. Just way too many shad, chub, and pike. I won't be expecting a rainy derby to be okay again.
I didn't think the rain affected the chances of catching any of those fish

Salty1

Planter
I didn't think the rain affected the chances of catching any of those fish
Rainbow trout normally don't appear in the rain, but there's still supposed to be a probability in the rain, so I'm not sure if it's really just that much lower or I had terrible luck. Shad only appear in the rain, so them being removed from the pool by sunshine could ostensibly have made some difference - but I don't know.

Benhimself

Rancher
Honestly I can't even imagine doing the trout derby without a bait maker. Just plop it down next to your fishing spot, and whenever you're almost out of trout bait, throw another of your huge pile of rainbow trout into it for more. The only problem is what to do with all those extra bucket hats you end up getting!

Just don't put it right next to the water's edge, lest it fall into the river forever lost when you try to pick it back up. Ask me how I know.

Salty1

Planter
Honestly I can't even imagine doing the trout derby without a bait maker. Just plop it down next to your fishing spot, and whenever you're almost out of trout bait, throw another of your huge pile of rainbow trout into it for more. The only problem is what to do with all those extra bucket hats you end up getting!

Just don't put it right next to the water's edge, lest it fall into the river forever lost when you try to pick it back up. Ask me how I know.
I'll be honest and say that's one of them new-fangled 1.6 items I haven't really used much yet - I'll give it a shot next time! (My first 1.6 playthrough was started only as recently as mid-July, so I'm still catching up in part).

Benhimself

Rancher
Started another farm because I decided I didn't want to wait another year for a greenhouse due to my tomato snafu and the original farm's main goal of "see an iridium golem in the wild" was achieved, and the RNG gods evidently decided to bless this endeavor with a pair of Work Boots on level 10 of the mine and no animal bundle in my community center.

woodnympho

Greenhorn
I love this idea!

Often I find myself rushing through the days. Also I just joined! This is my first comment(?) (:

I'm in summer year three of my first playthough. Robin finished the seccond upgrade to my house giving me some much needed room. Then I finished the friendship "bundle"? In the community center!! Which spoiler, resulted in me receiving around ten new recipies from villagers. The last one I have left is the fishing bundle, which I'll complete next season! Super excited. I haven't looked into what actually happens when I complete it so please no spoilers (:

Thanks all, glad to be here ^.^

stardew_luv

Planter
Started another farm because I decided I didn't want to wait another year for a greenhouse due to my tomato snafu and the original farm's main goal of "see an iridium golem in the wild" was achieved, and the RNG gods evidently decided to bless this endeavor with a pair of Work Boots on level 10 of the mine and no animal bundle in my community center.
Ok besides being part of a collection and everyone likes complete collections of something and that’s great and good when you have that knack (which I don’t except in museum lol!) but work boot stats aren’t great (and not the best looking shoe just in my opinion) yet there are so many here trying so hard to get them. Am I missing something? Are they worth more than it appears or is it a collectors item? Really no offense to anyone wanting them I’m just wondering if there is really something about them I’m missing out on? I’ve gotten them many times but I just put them in the trash and make a few hundred gold instead. Wish I could send these coveted boots to yall instead!😁

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Ok besides being part of a collection and everyone likes complete collections of something and that’s great and good when you have that knack (which I don’t except in museum lol!) but work boot stats aren’t great (and not the best looking shoe just in my opinion) yet there are so many here trying so hard to get them. Am I missing something? Are they worth more than it appears or is it a collectors item? Really no offense to anyone wanting them I’m just wondering if there is really something about them I’m missing out on? I’ve gotten them many times but I just put them in the trash and make a few hundred gold instead. Wish I could send these coveted boots to yall instead!😁
Please never tell us how many pairs of work boots you have thrown away. You will hear our screams of agony from wherever you are.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ok besides being part of a collection and everyone likes complete collections of something and that’s great and good when you have that knack (which I don’t except in museum lol!) but work boot stats aren’t great (and not the best looking shoe just in my opinion) yet there are so many here trying so hard to get them. Am I missing something? Are they worth more than it appears or is it a collectors item?
Work Boots are the rarest item in the game and a few people are trying to find a full collection of either all the Clothing or all the Everything in the game and that Venn diagram* includes this horrifically rare item. Honestly the RNG for them and everything in the game is arbitrary. 'Cuz it's a game. And as you said, the stats on Work Boots are not great. So for these reasons, changing their RNG to be slightly better than the chances of my butt making it to Neptune is a very reasonable thing to do.

By the way, this is currently the best known Venn diagram ever to exist:

Last edited: