1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

I remembered the new artifact spot totems exist and I still hadn't found the Elvish Jewelry, which was the last artifact I needed for the museum in my main game. So I made a couple and headed down to cindersap forest (since they have a higher spawn rate there) after the Feast of the Winter Star. I got the missing artifact on the first try!

After completeing the museum, I used the other totem in the desert and got two of the gold plates among other things. I also was lucky enough to get two flying serpent swarms in skull caverns (I'm going for the monster goal)!

I also thought it was funny that I got Pam as my farmer's secret friend and apparently Penny got my farmer. I'd just made the vinegar needed for parsnip soup so I gave that to Pam since she likes parsnips. Penny gave farmer Leon a beer.

And I got some inspiration here for the Raccoon City Tailor's Shop. I'll post a picture later but I'm happy with how it turned out. ^_^

Edit; Since I already have a thread for My Raccoon City themed farm, I added a post that includes the Tailor's Shop mentioned here. Beware minor (just some decorative items) spoilers for 1.6.

Last edited:
I am playing with Stardew Expanded and Ridgeside Village, and I am also using the Prestige Mod and Luck Skill Mod.

So I finally unlocked the Mastery Cave. Later, I was able to reach Mastery Level 1 and used it on the Fishing Mastery.

*** I backed up my game. ***

The next game day, I decided to Prestige my Farming Skill just before harvesting a large amount of crops. I tried to return to the Mastery Cave. It wouldn't let me in, citing that I had only mastered 4/5 skills (so apparently Luck doesn't count). However, I was still allowed to keep my Advanced Iridium Rod, I still encountered Golden Treasure Chests, and I could still craft Challenge Bait. I eventually got my Farming Skill back up to Level 10. However, the Skill Mastery Levels and XP had reset to zero!

*** So back to my backed-up game I went! ***

I guess the lesson here is that if one is going for maxed out Skill Mastery, then Prestige of any skill must NOT occur before all 5 Mastery Levels are complete!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Finally.

After a few hundred hours of playtime, constantly visiting Ginger for yet another round of hacking and slashing, downing Spicy Eel and Ginger Ale day after day which ate a hole in my stomach lining, emptying my pockets in case it was lying on the ground hidden behind something while SAP takes up scant backpack space, powering through a rotator cuff injury from Infinity Blade jabbing RSI, after reading of how some people have like 3 or 4 of them stashed oh-I-don't-know-where or toss them out as an inventory-clogger when traversing the Volcano, I have finally acquired the

Hat of True Perfection.

found_it2.jpg

And yes, I already Tailored 5 outfits to match it that evening. There's no time to be wasting.

If there's a single Mod I'd ever install for SDV, it would be Dye Pots in the Farmhouse. I need that about 10x as much as anything else in the game. Probably more than everything else in the game put together. OK a compromise: I'll take a Sisters' House Totem. I would LOVE such an item, even if I had to craft it from Prizzy Shards and Iridium Bars, just so I can make my outfits a little quicker!

It is good to be a beautiful Tiger.

Draconifors

Planter
I've now completed the museum and caught every fish apart from Ginger Island ones, both for the first time ever. Am also making good progress towards having all villagers at max hearts (five still in progress) and cooking every dish (but still missing several recipes).

Got the desert and mountain obelisks built, and my animals are almost at max hearts. Seven out of nine animals have a cracker, so I need to find two more.
I intended to name my dino Danny, as usual, but the suggestion in the box was too good to reject: Gro-Gro.

I decorated my farm some more, with trees and tea saplings. I also set up a mini factory area (3 crystalariums, a slime egg press I crafted just to craft one, and a mini-forge that I haven't used yet), decorated with house plants, cobblestone, and iron fences, by Grandpa's shrine.

I've managed to find two different frog eggs, and the frogs are, along with the only Octopus I've ever managed to catch plus a Goby, in a fish tank. They're adorable, and I plan to find more.
1719860635999.png

Okay, so this happened a couple of game days before my "Prestige incident" from 5 posts ago, but I'm sure that this is not the first time this has happened to most of you.

So I was at Marnie's to give her a diamond and Jas an Ancient Doll. I spoke to Marnie as much as I could, then gave her the diamond. However, I had forgotten that I had had a stack of 3 Diamonds with me and then attempted to talk to Jas before changing my selected inventory from my toolbar, resulting in me giving a 10(?)-year-old girl a diamond! She didn't Love it as much as she would have loved an(other) Ancient Doll, but she Liked it ("Oooh! I like free struff!")

Talk about spoiling a kid rotten! :laugh::laugh:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Okay, so this happened a couple of game days before my "Prestige incident" from 5 posts ago, but I'm sure that this is not the first time this has happened to most of you.

So I was at Marnie's to give her a diamond and Jas an Ancient Doll. I spoke to Marnie as much as I could, then gave her the diamond. However, I had forgotten that I had had a stack of 3 Diamonds with me and then attempted to talk to Jas before changing my selected inventory from my toolbar, resulting in me giving a 10(?)-year-old girl a diamond! She didn't Love it as much as she would have loved an(other) Ancient Doll, but she Liked it ("Oooh! I like free struff!")

Talk about spoiling a kid rotten! :laugh::laugh:
I've got to admit something. I generally don't know which button does what. This means that when I go talk to someone, if muscle memory doesn't take over, there is a 50% chance I will attempt to give them something I am carrying. (In my defense, muscle memory takes over 98% of the time - this is how I can access the safe at work, after all, yet not be able to recite the unlock code.)

To avoid accidentally gifting items, particularly valuable ones, I quickly developed a habit of NEVER holding anything that could be given away in my hands. My farmer is not allowed to walk around holding something or I'll essentially have an anxiety attack. (This is why I listen to lots of Stardew Valley videos, but don't watch very closely, because I would quickly be very annoyed.)

Just sayin'. This has a really easy fix?

Maher

Planter
To avoid accidentally gifting items, particularly valuable ones, I quickly developed a habit of NEVER holding anything that could be given away in my hands. My farmer is not allowed to walk around holding something or I'll essentially have an anxiety attack. (This is why I listen to lots of Stardew Valley videos, but don't watch very closely, because I would quickly be very annoyed.)

Just sayin'. This has a really easy fix?
My Farmer isn't even allowed to possess bombs except when headed to a mine. And then there was time I got back from the volcano dungeon and set off a bomb trying to pet a goat. Amazingly, my AutoPicker survived, but my animals wouldn't talk to me for a week. Only the Ostrich who hatched after the event gave me any love.

Trixie has visited the shrine of illusions and now has a different look than what you get if you just accept all the defaults and game startup. Blonde ponytails, a bomber jacket and a Kepi.