What are you currently playing?

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I've been really burnt out lately and hopping between games, not really glued to any particular one. I have plenty to play but I just don't stay glued lately for more than a couple days of playing something for a bit. Most recently I took a break from Triangle Strategy, got back into my very beginning game DQXI Definitive Edition path, first time I've played the definitive version, not my first time playing DQXI and then I got back into Xenoblade 2 postgame and new game plus stuff.

Planter
I'm the kind of person who tends to play one game at a time, but play the crap out of it until I get bored, and then go play the crap of a different game, rinse and repeat.

So In the last two(?) months I've played the following games in succession:

- Project Hospital
- Monster Prom (sprinkled with a bit of As Far As The Eye, which I played the crap of two years ago)
- Project Hospital (again)
- The Sims 3

Now I dusted up my Wii and play Lego Star Wars: the Complete Saga, which is just a super awesome game that I highly recommend to everyone who likes 3D action-adventure games, and very accessibl for non-fans (you'll mostly just lack a few references or context clues). It's available on Steam so no excuse to not play it.

And eventually I'll have to find a different game to play, but that's not for now.

elonhead

Greenhorn
Now a days I play roblox series game Murder Mystery 2. Its a wonderful and full action game. I love to paly it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Rn playing only minecraft java, haven't played stardew more than once in the last month and a half or so and minecraft bedrock where my best single player worlds are is just less fun than playing with other people, especially good friends.

Potatoes

Farmer
I've been meaning to play My Time at Portia but still haven't gotten around to it.
So I downloaded My Time at Portia and have gotten about a month in, it’s ok so far. I’m still just trying to figure out how to plan my day and be efficient at harvesting stuff. I like Sam.

I was telling my sister in-law about it and told her it was kind of like Stardew Valley meets Breath of the Wild, but you’re more of a builder than a farmer. Then last night I was telling my wife about Potion Permit that @SiameezyRPGer was talking about and I said it was like Stardew Valley but you’re an alchemist that goes around healing people. She then mentioned that she feels like there’s been so many Stardew Valley meets Blank Games lately. It’s interesting to think about, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing, but it makes me wonder how there are, how many of them have a chance of being noticed over the other.

(Also I don’t know if this should have it’s own thread or not….)

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
This past weekend I went back to Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Been doing some endgame grinding for all the optional sidequest stuff I've never done before on Switch or Wii, due to needing to be in the mid 80s and then eventually the mid to high 90s. So yeah, just messing around in endgame Xenoblade recently. I've been half burnt out most of this year though and constantly switching between various games.

Edit: Today the Thursday after I first posted this, I'll finally be trying out Tetris Effect. No one's posted here since this post so I'm updating this to say, kinda getting burnt out on Xenoblade again (like I said, I've been somewhat burnt out and constantly switching games lately) and figure it's time to get into something else. But yeah, now I have a digital copy of Tetris Effect for Switch. I've put 40 hours into Puyo Puyo Tetris, 20 hours into Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and idk how many hours into Tetris 99. In the last few years I've been kinda getting more into different modern variations of Tetris as a chill game I can play for a smidge to take a break from more complicated stuff. So many good Tetris options on current consoles. Not sure what RPG I'll go back to next though, might continue making Atelier Lydie and Suelle progress which I just picked back up for a bit last week.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
So I downloaded My Time at Portia and have gotten about a month in, it’s ok so far. I’m still just trying to figure out how to plan my day and be efficient at harvesting stuff. I like Sam.
I liked Sam a lot in the early time I played through MTaP but mostly ignored the relationship part of the game for the first 3/4 of my playthrough. And while she is a good candidate, and I was also initially interested in Alice (but she's so meh...), I ended up with the witch, Mei. For purely functional reasons as I could get her heart levels up with Cameras as gifts and those aren't too tough to craft. If given all options, I'd have chosen Merlin just because she's cool and uses her brain. However I don't like the character models and their extremely limited variation in movement, which prevents the game from becoming more engaging than it was. The only actually good character model is Aadit.

I killed a lot of time early on getting resources from the Abandoned Ruins which paid off well later in-game. Generally I did as many of the daily build requests as I possibly could and found that the game pushes you through getting better and more efficient machines and what held me back was not actually building those. Once I gave in and built them, the progression was much smoother.

Lew Zealand

Helper
FYI for those looking for other things, Slime Rancher (mentioned above) is $6 from Epic Games. I :heart: this game. Assassin's Creed: Origins is $9 from the same joint and is a good open world game but you'll need a decent gaming PC to run it well. The sale for both of these ends soon on June 16th.

...ehhh and ARK Survival Evolved is free from Steam until June 19th. This game is my shameful weakness and I come crawling back to it even though I shouldn't. Already I can hear the Sirens luring me back in... RUN!!!!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I downloaded and played the new Ark map. I said I wouldn't, but you know. I'm enjoying it. ...until I get bored of it.

Then will be the remorse. I can hear it already.........

Don't these headphones go any louder???

Lew Zealand

Helper
It will be Raft as the final chapter was released a few days ago. This is also a vibe game if you make it so, though early game is pretty hardcore on the survival bit, which is one of my favorite modes of gameplay. Slime Rancher is more like SDV where you can vibe it right from the start and just take it easy.

But with Raft? Yeah, you gotta build up your raft while not going hungry or thirsty.

Oh.

And there's a shark. That likes to take bites of your raft. 🦈

Currently SV only. I should return to my old adventures, 'cause I'm planning to make some Let's Plays of them, but don't have enough time for the next months to devote myself to it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Project Zomboid, the game is still in development and priced 19.99 USD... currently on sale for 30% off. (Edit to add: general consensus is that if it ever gets out of development that the price may go up at that time.) It's been compared to Seven Days to Die, but I think way more ambitious. The only complaint I have is that it can be a bit laggy, but you can often wait that out if you're not in dire straits at the time.

Both @Cuusardo and I have been playing. It has multiplayer and we've been streaming a multiplayer game too. If anyone's interested to watch, we'll be playing10am-2pm central US today. Link: https://twitch.tv/cuusardo

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I beat Subnautica the other day, and going through a PC playthrough of Dead Space 2 (one of my fav games along with the first Dead Space) and I'm dabbling in a fanmade Pokemon game my friend recommended, called Pokemon Infinity

on official Pokemon, tho, I'm shiny hunting a female Frillish on Pokemon Shield still... i've probably fought over 2,000 of them at this point *sob*

Cuusardo

Farmer
I'm also playing Chrono Trigger for the first time. (I've been playing that on my livestream too) I'm getting pretty close to the end, I think. After that I've got a couple more RPGs: Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII: The Beginning.