Unofficial mod updates

RTSfire927

Farmhand
wonderful! thank you soooo much!!! it works like a charm!
do you plan on posting the unnoficial update on Nexus? like others done, I think it will be better to find the newest version and follow the mod development
I don't think theres a way for me to do that, I think the other "unofficail" uploads to nexus mods have been through the mod authors themselves. I am very happy to do it if I am wrong

BloodDraco

Greenhorn
Tried it, but unfortunately the game doesn't recognize the recipes for the machines, it reverts them to recipes for torches
I only edited the Sprites no code was changed. you might be having a problem with a different mod but i will look into it.

meggiee

Sodbuster
I only edited the Sprites no code was changed. you might be having a problem with a different mod but i will look into it.
I think it's just cause ppja is outdated now, all recipes are added to the game through CP now, in a completely different way

KoalaNet

Cowpoke
Hey all! I don't know if this has been asked before but I was wondering if someone might be able to update Industrial Kitchen and Interior by DustBeauty and Mal's Sebastian Expansion With Post Marriage Events. You guys are awesome, thank you for all your hard work!
I managed to tweak and get the original Industrial Kitchen and Interior working. I've removed most of the interior/furniture edits as CP and AT packs have been made that will replace them. I'd recommend the Content Patcher version as it has the full Kitchen Island/Bar available. I did quickly run through the house upgrades and I can't find anything wonky. I am using it with Seasonal Garden Farmhouse as well.

Attachments

I know there’s a mod update for fruit tree tweaks but there’s a ton of much needed repairs for it. One of the problems is It won’t let me plant the fruit trees next to each other like in the original mod and there’s other issues in the comment sections in the nexus website.

I hope someone can continue making updates and repairs for the mod

I asked in the posts over there, this mod has a config option to allow fruit trees right next to each other.

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
I don't think theres a way for me to do that, I think the other "unofficail" uploads to nexus mods have been through the mod authors themselves. I am very happy to do it if I am wrong
many of the unofficail updates on Nexus were made by the unofficail update creators, for example:

these are just 5 examples but there are maaaany more, actually, most of the unnoficial updates made for 1.6 are being posted on Nexus not by the original creators

aelivare

Greenhorn
Hi! I liked the Better Critters mod a lot but due to the changes in 1.6 it didn't fully work anymore (and the mod author hasn't posted anything since 2021 it seems), so I decided to try and unofficially update it myself. I edited the .png used to replace the critters to fit the resize of the file from the 1.6 update. I didn't edit the newer critters (I'm not exactly a digital artist haha) but just replaced the sprites that the mod did edit. This is the first time I've attempted doing any kind of modding work, so I'm not sure what to do about the content.json. Is there anything I still need to change?

Here is what is in the content.json from the original mod:
{
"Format": "1.3",
"Changes": [
{
"Action": "EditImage",
"Target": "TileSheets/critters",
"FromFile": "assets/critters.png",
},
]
}
I think the "Changes" part is probably fine, but what is "Format" referring to? Do I need to change it?
I'd be very grateful if someone could offer some insight :)

Saah

Cowpoke
Hi! I liked the Better Critters mod a lot but due to the changes in 1.6 it didn't fully work anymore (and the mod author hasn't posted anything since 2021 it seems), so I decided to try and unofficially update it myself. I edited the .png used to replace the critters to fit the resize of the file from the 1.6 update. I didn't edit the newer critters (I'm not exactly a digital artist haha) but just replaced the sprites that the mod did edit. This is the first time I've attempted doing any kind of modding work, so I'm not sure what to do about the content.json. Is there anything I still need to change?

{
{
},
]
}
I think the "Changes" part is probably fine, but what is "Format" referring to? Do I need to change it?
Hii Format means the version of Content Patcher you're using. From the wiki:
Format: the format version. You should always use the latest version (currently 2.0.0) to enable the latest features and avoid obsolete behavior.
If you're using the latest version, you should change Format to 2.0.4!

bonjibean

Tiller
I made my own unofficial update of Rustic Country Town Interior, and I playtested so much I even found some graphical errors in the OG file that're now fixed.

Just drag the folder directly into your mods, and let it replace the 2 files it'll affect, and everything should look good! (original file is needed)
OMGG Thank you SO much for updating Rustic Country for us ;u;//
Would you ever be willing to tackle the SVE portion of the mod as well? :o

KoalaNet

Cowpoke

{
{
},
]
}

You may have to give it specific coordinates of what to edit as the birds are in different spots on the tile sheet. I used GIMP to find the x,y coordinates on both tilesheets and made an example

{

{
"ToArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 0, "Width": 320, "Height": 383 },
"FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 0, "Width": 320, "Height": 383 },
}
]
}

Broken44

Newcomer
BetterJunimos 3.0.0-unofficial.1-p1xel8ted

This was compiled from the already updated code at Stardew-Mods/BetterJunimos at master · hawkfalcon/Stardew-Mods (github.com) - based on the commit notes, this is largely untested.

- Working in the greenhouse is broken; but everything else appears OK (based on user reports)
Thank you so much for updating this!!!
I have found a few bugs...
You can't buy the Junimo Hut for Free, and they dont come out at winter... even though I am paying them to do so.

Again thank you so very much for doing this, as I love this mod.

OMGG Thank you SO much for updating Rustic Country for us ;u;//
Would you ever be willing to tackle the SVE portion of the mod as well? :o
Seconded, I think the sve portion is included in the original mod, so if you haven't included it in your unofficial update I would also like to request you to tackle it. Thank you so much for your work though!

RTSfire927

Farmhand
O
many of the unofficail updates on Nexus were made by the unofficail update creators, for example:

these are just 5 examples but there are maaaany more, actually, most of the unnoficial updates made for 1.6 are being posted on Nexus not by the original creators
Oh I am thinking of updating some things and adding new features, when I do that I might release it as a different mod, but for now I don't want to clutter Nexus. Especially if the original mod writer is going to accept the PR

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
Really thankful for the help the folks here have given me for tracking down what mods are and are not giving issues. I believe I narrowed out everything that needed an update, but I seem to be running into a small handful of errors around JSON assets and it feels like they must be some leftover mod that was removed since there wasn't a 1.6 update. Can anyone make sense of the snippet below? I can provide more context/detail if anyone thinks they might recognize these. Thanks again!

19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting crafting recipe for Dehydrator: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Dehydrator at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataCraftingRecipes(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 309
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Broccoli: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Broccoli at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Carrot: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Carrot at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Raisins: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Raisins at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Dehydrator: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Dehydrator at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataBigCraftablesInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 347