Unofficial mod updates

Can anyone update date night? It works but the animation where in a new month you and your spouse dance together your farmer is positioned opposite the wrong way and the animation is all weird haha it's kind of goofily funny but I want it to work the right way. I can post my log and take a screenshot of what I'm talking about if It's needed

I can confirm it's the date night mod because someone is having the same issue here's the comment on nexus and here's a image of what's going on and I'm laughing so hard at this

Attachments

Last edited:

LikeFrogs

Sodbuster
Can anyone update date night? It works but the animation where in a new month you and your spouse dance together your farmer is positioned opposite the wrong way and the animation is all weird haha it's kind of goofily funny but I want it to work the right way. I can post my log and take a screenshot of what I'm talking about if It's needed

I can confirm it's the date night mod because someone is having the same issue here's the comment on nexus and here's a image of what's going on and I'm laughing so hard at this
Unfortunately, I believe Date Night is not open source so even if someone updated it they couldn't post it without author permission. I'm running into the same thing with Adventurer's Guild Expanded (same author). I have the mod updated locally, but the author is MIA

Unfortunately, I believe Date Night is not open source so even if someone updated it they couldn't post it without author permission. I'm running into the same thing with Adventurer's Guild Expanded (same author). I have the mod updated locally, but the author is MIA
Aw dang this sucks then! It’s a good mod but the issues it has is going to be a minor annoyance. I hope either the creator of the mod updates this hopefully but it looks like they’ve been radio silent for a long while

SugarAngel121

Newcomer
Is there anyone who could port or fix Asters Buildable Kitchen mod from DGA to content patcher or something else for 1.6? It's such a cool mod,:smile: and I love how it lets you utilize cooking earlier on in the game when you can't afford a full kitchen, especially since, in real life, even small places usually have something to cook with! Being able to rearrange your kitchen is another huge plus

Lettiva

Greenhorn
Question, but I saw you comment on the Adventurer’s Guild Expanded’s post and how the update for 1.6 for the mod was just fixing a few mismatched IDs and things. If so, would it be against the author’s permission if you just informed others what they should change in the mods? I noticed someone did that for the pregnancy events mod on nexus—explained what had to be changed to make it compatible and work with 1.6—in a comment and left it at that. That way others could update and use the mods locally without pushing out an unofficial update, which is against the author’s permissions? Does that make sense? It just occurred to me if the fixes aren’t intensive, that could be done for the time being while the author is MIA.

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
Is there anyone who could port or fix Asters Buildable Kitchen mod from DGA to content patcher or something else for 1.6? It's such a cool mod,:smile: and I love how it lets you utilize cooking earlier on in the game when you can't afford a full kitchen, especially since, in real life, even small places usually have something to cook with! Being able to rearrange your kitchen is another huge plus
Asterisk is around, but is taking their time with the new update before updating mods. (Aside from that, permissions do not allow updating that and posting it elsewhere.)

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand

If you change the content.json to 2.0, does this still happen? I was the one who submitted the Free Love Date Night patch when Supert last updated, so I can at least tool around to see if I can't figure out if this is an easy fix or not. (I won't be able to post it for obvious reasons, but at the very least this doesn't seem like it should have been affected, from what I know of the internal code.)

LikeFrogs

Sodbuster
Question, but I saw you comment on the Adventurer’s Guild Expanded’s post and how the update for 1.6 for the mod was just fixing a few mismatched IDs and things. If so, would it be against the author’s permission if you just informed others what they should change in the mods? I noticed someone did that for the pregnancy events mod on nexus—explained what had to be changed to make it compatible and work with 1.6—in a comment and left it at that. That way others could update and use the mods locally without pushing out an unofficial update, which is against the author’s permissions? Does that make sense? It just occurred to me if the fixes aren’t intensive, that could be done for the time being while the author is MIA.
Yeah, I could probably write up a how to update guide

Edit: I went ahead and posted step by step instructions on how to update Adventurer's Guild Expanded on the Nexus page

Last edited:

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
Thank you for your patenience, Its a pain messing around with your mod folder. I tried adding some of the mods you have and it still worked. My suspiciouns are that any mod that messes with Leo is most likely the problem(?) as the error appears where Leo usually is in the order. If you are programming inclined then you can download the source code and start debugging with a breakpoint in CreateNPCMap in LocalizedObject.cs as youll be able to find out more info
Hi! So heres what happen: it seems this issue have something to do with older save files, because if does not happen when I create a new save file, but it happens on any older save file. Im not sure what this means but I think as long as people start a new save file with Deluxe Journal, it should be okay

RTSfire927

Farmhand
Hi! So heres what happen: it seems this issue have something to do with older save files, because if does not happen when I create a new save file, but it happens on any older save file. Im not sure what this means but I think as long as people start a new save file with Deluxe Journal, it should be okay
That's really odd, would you be okay to send your save file over so I can have a test?

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
Yeah, I could probably write up a how to update guide

Edit: I went ahead and posted step by step instructions on how to update Adventurer's Guild Expanded on the Nexus page
That's really odd, would you be okay to send your save file over so I can have a test?
I actually when testing mods I don't test them on my personal save files, I test on save files I donwloaded on the internet, in this case there were the ones from here: https://savegame.pro/download/?pack=2d5951d1e3b31dfb7fd2dcc172df17fd and there is another one made for 1.6 but I couldnt find the download again

RTSfire927

Farmhand
I actually when testing mods I don't test them on my personal save files, I test on save files I donwloaded on the internet, in this case there were the ones from here: https://savegame.pro/download/?pack=2d5951d1e3b31dfb7fd2dcc172df17fd and there is another one made for 1.6 but I couldnt find the download again
I feel like I am being thick but I can't seem to download it, Ive tried a few different browsers and it just keeps redirecting when I click download

If you change the content.json to 2.0, does this still happen? I was the one who submitted the Free Love Date Night patch when Supert last updated, so I can at least tool around to see if I can't figure out if this is an easy fix or not. (I won't be able to post it for obvious reasons, but at the very least this doesn't seem like it should have been affected, from what I know of the internal code.)
I did what you suggested and it didn't work it's still doing the weird positions.. but you meant within the content.json where it says format inside the text file?

Last edited:

Jopossum

Farmhand
Hey I was wondering if it was possible for anyone to update character mods that haven't been updated in a long time? I understand if it's not possible because it might be more complicated with art or dialogue (Idk how coding stuff works). I miss having Soli the Skeleton and Roronoa Zoro on my save.