Unofficial mod updates

Really thankful for the help the folks here have given me for tracking down what mods are and are not giving issues. I believe I narrowed out everything that needed an update, but I seem to be running into a small handful of errors around JSON assets and it feels like they must be some leftover mod that was removed since there wasn't a 1.6 update. Can anyone make sense of the snippet below? I can provide more context/detail if anyone thinks they might recognize these. Thanks again!

19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting crafting recipe for Dehydrator: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Dehydrator at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataCraftingRecipes(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 309
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Broccoli: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Broccoli at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Carrot: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Carrot at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Raisins: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Raisins at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataObjectInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 183
19:00:54ERRORJson AssetsException injecting object information for Dehydrator: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Dehydrator at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at JsonAssets.Framework.ContentInjector1.InjectDataBigCraftablesInformation(IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\JsonAssets\Framework\ContentInjector1.cs:line 347
All those things have been added as vanilla assets in 1.6. You can take them out of your mods

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
All those things have been added as vanilla assets in 1.6. You can take them out of your mods
Appreciate the look over! Sadly my next question is kinda silly...how would I 'remove them'? lol
I'm guessing the assets I'm looking to pull out are: Dehydrator, Broccoli, Carrot, and Raisins?

Appreciate the look over! Sadly my next question is kinda silly...how would I 'remove them'? lol
I'm guessing the assets I'm looking to pull out are: Dehydrator, Broccoli, Carrot, and Raisins?
I can't quite tell what mods you've got them in but I'm guessing you have PPJA Artisan Goods and PPJA Fruits and Veggies? I'm pretty sure you'll find them in there. And yes, those'll be what you're deleting :)

Last edited:

XiNaaru

Tiller
hey there...
is there anyone whoe knows about eventually update of these mods?

i hope the whole time for an update :)

BluePyros

Greenhorn
hey there...
is there anyone whoe knows about eventually update of these mods?

i hope the whole time for an update :)
SpaceChase is certainly active. No indication of abandonment yet that I know of so gotta sit tight on this one I think

Same answer for cooking

Love of Cooking's dev posted a comment on the mod a few days before 1.6 about a 2.0 version, so a major version update. Presumed to be in the works.

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
I can't quite tell what mods you've got them in but I'm guessing you have PPJA Artisan Goods and PPJA Fruits and Veggies? I'm pretty sure you'll find them in there
You would be correct, but should I remove Artisan Valley and Fruits and Veggies completely or can I just remove the problematic items called out in the errors? I'm not sure how much of these 2 mods have been made as part of vanilla 1.6 or if there is a reason to maybe hold onto 'most' of the mods ;)

Json Assets1.11.6
+ (JA) Fantasy Crops 1.4.7
+ Ancient Crops 2.2.0
+ Artisan Valley Machine Goods 3.0.21
+ Even More Recipes for JsonAssets 1.5.12
+ Fruits and Veggies for JsonAssets 2.0.15
+ Mizu's Flowers for JsonAssets 1.6.7
+ More Food: A Collection of Recipes for JsonAssets 1.9.13
+ More Trees for JsonAssets 1.6.11
+ Nightmare's Additional Weaponry for JsonAssets 1.0.0
spacechase0
+ ParadigmNomad - Port & MizuJakkaru - Sprites
+ 6480&TrentXV
+ Project Populate JsonAssets
+ ParadigmNomad & Eemie (Port) & Mizu (Sprites)
+ Project Populate Json Assets
+ zcsnightmare
5 errors

You would be correct, but should I remove Artisan Valley and Fruits and Veggies completely or can I just remove the problematic items called out in the errors? I'm not sure how much of these 2 mods have been made as part of vanilla 1.6 or if there is a reason to maybe hold onto 'most' of the mods ;)

Json Assets1.11.6
+ (JA) Fantasy Crops 1.4.7
+ Ancient Crops 2.2.0
+ Artisan Valley Machine Goods 3.0.21
+ Even More Recipes for JsonAssets 1.5.12
+ Fruits and Veggies for JsonAssets 2.0.15
+ Mizu's Flowers for JsonAssets 1.6.7
+ More Food: A Collection of Recipes for JsonAssets 1.9.13
+ More Trees for JsonAssets 1.6.11
+ Nightmare's Additional Weaponry for JsonAssets 1.0.0
spacechase0
+ ParadigmNomad - Port & MizuJakkaru - Sprites
+ 6480&TrentXV
+ ParadigmNomad & Eemie (Port) & Mizu (Sprites)
+ Project Populate Json Assets
+ zcsnightmare
5 errors
You'll be deleting just those individual assets if you want to keep the rest of what those mods give you. And any recipes that carrots, broccoli and raisins are in in your recipe mods, to avoid the loading errors

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
O

Oh I am thinking of updating some things and adding new features, when I do that I might release it as a different mod, but for now I don't want to clutter Nexus. Especially if the original mod writer is going to accept the PR
the original author probably wont accept the PR because the original author hasnt been online on nexus since 2021. but anyway, I'm happy that you will maintain the mod! once you play with deluxe journal, you wont want to play without it xD

XiNaaru

Tiller
SpaceChase is certainly active. No indication of abandonment yet that I know of so gotta sit tight on this one I think

Same answer for cooking

Love of Cooking's dev posted a comment on the mod a few days before 1.6 about a 2.0 version, so a major version update. Presumed to be in the works.

okay then i must wait longer. and i hope the dev from the archeology skill mod update his mod :P

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
You'll be deleting just those individual assets if you want to keep the rest of what those mods give you. And any recipes that carrots, broccoli and raisins are in in your recipe mods, to avoid the loading errors
I can't thank you enough! It was a bit painful jumping into every folder and stripping out every reference to those 4 items, but it appears to have worked and I'm now error free! Who knows if the game will like what I've done, but that's for another day ;)

I hate to ask again, but I'm guessing these 2 lines about a debug might be the same idea? 2 mods trying to do the same thing? Would ripping Butter Churn and Grinder our of Artisan Valley allow Ancient Crops to pull the full weight? Or should I maybe do the reverse? If you're not sure that's fine, you already helped me a ton today!

20:06:16DEBUGProducer Framework ModMod 'SOJA.AncientCropsAddOn' can't override mod 'ppja.artisanvalleyPFM' config for producer 'Butter Churn'. This rule will be ignored.
20:06:16DEBUGProducer Framework ModMod 'SOJA.AncientCropsAddOn' can't override mod 'ppja.artisanvalleyPFM' config for producer 'Grinder'. This rule will be ignored.

I can't thank you enough! It was a bit painful jumping into every folder and stripping out every reference to those 4 items, but it appears to have worked and I'm now error free! Who knows if the game will like what I've done, but that's for another day ;)

I hate to ask again, but I'm guessing these 2 lines about a debug might be the same idea? 2 mods trying to do the same thing? Would ripping Butter Churn and Grinder our of Artisan Valley allow Ancient Crops to pull the full weight? Or should I maybe do the reverse? If you're not sure that's fine, you already helped me a ton today!

20:06:16DEBUGProducer Framework ModMod 'SOJA.AncientCropsAddOn' can't override mod 'ppja.artisanvalleyPFM' config for producer 'Butter Churn'. This rule will be ignored.
20:06:16DEBUGProducer Framework ModMod 'SOJA.AncientCropsAddOn' can't override mod 'ppja.artisanvalleyPFM' config for producer 'Grinder'. This rule will be ignored.
So I've been doing a bit of work with PFM stuff for the mod conversions I've been working on and the issue would be that the same items, the Butter Churn and the Grinder, exist in both mods with different rules. I'm still not sure how to combine the rules across mods and if someone else knows how to do that for sure feel free to chime in (I have rough but untested ideas, I'm new to modding) So for now my advice would be that what it'll come down to is your own personal preference which mod to delete those from, because if you delete from the Ancient Crops mod you'll lose the ability to use the Butter Churn and Grinder on the ancient crops items, but you'll be able to keep the ones that Artisan Valley allows, and vice-versa

Last edited:

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
So I've been doing a bit of work with PFM stuff for the mod conversions I've been working on and the issue would be that the same items. the Butter Churn and the Grinder, exist in both mods with different rules. I'm still not sure how to combine the rules across mods and if someone else knows how to do that for sure feel free to chime in (I have rough but untested ideas, I'm new to modding) So for now my advice would be that what it'll come down to is your own personal preference which mod to delete those from, because if you delete from the Ancient Crops mod you'll lose the ability to use the Butter Churn and Grinder on the ancient crops items, but you'll be able to keep the ones that Artisan Valley allows, and vice-versa
Interesting, I guess I'll have to jump in and do some testing to see what mod is worth keeping and which one should be tweaked (or maybe even removed, Ancient Crops I think only has like 4 machine recipes in total).

Thanks again silvermoonchan!!! Looking at a much cleaner SMAPI log with your help ^_^

Interesting, I guess I'll have to jump in and do some testing to see what mod is worth keeping and which one should be tweaked (or maybe even removed, Ancient Crops I think only has like 4 machine recipes in total).

Thanks again silvermoonchan!!! Looking at a much cleaner SMAPI log with your help ^_^
No worries, happy to help!

So I've been doing a bit of work with PFM stuff for the mod conversions I've been working on and the issue would be that the same items, the Butter Churn and the Grinder, exist in both mods with different rules. I'm still not sure how to combine the rules across mods and if someone else knows how to do that for sure feel free to chime in (I have rough but untested ideas, I'm new to modding) So for now my advice would be that what it'll come down to is your own personal preference which mod to delete those from, because if you delete from the Ancient Crops mod you'll lose the ability to use the Butter Churn and Grinder on the ancient crops items, but you'll be able to keep the ones that Artisan Valley allows, and vice-versa
I might be wrong as I haven't done modding with PFM yet, but couldn't you just add the recipes from one mod to the other mod's machine, in a similar manner to adding recipes to vanilla machines?

I might be wrong as I haven't done modding with PFM yet, but couldn't you just add the recipes from one mod to the other mod's machine, in a similar manner to adding recipes to vanilla machines?
That's my theory. I just haven't tested that myself yet and don't want to go around telling others to try that out if I haven't myself and end up messing up someone else's game 😬

Pyr

Greenhorn
I just ran it and it came back with errors. Here's the my log. smapi log. But, seriously, thank you for the attempt.
I don't know how to fix it, but I would like to say that I have those errors too, however, the only problem it seems to cause for me is a brief frame drop when they leave the huts in the morning? Otherwise, besides the already aforementioned greenhouse not working, the mod seems to work fine. The error is a bit spammy and annoying but doesn't seem to hurt the game any.

InaylaLinyah

Newcomer
mmm, been running a full coop with these and only getting their eggs either means it's not included any other data or it's buggy. The content.json is too weird to understand so to modify it
Would just like to say it is probably more conducive to contact an active mod author before going to a forum they are not actively on, as well as waiting two days to go to them. The issue you have was also addressed in the first section of the mod description. There will later be an option to adjust the level needed to get Fairy Dust, I just found the spawn rate *insane* with the way the original mod had it, considering the utility Fairy Dust has.

Lily_Timelost

Greenhorn
Would just like to say it is probably more conducive to contact an active mod author before going to a forum they are not actively on, as well as waiting two days to go to them. The issue you have was also addressed in the first section of the mod description. There will later be an option to adjust the level needed to get Fairy Dust, I just found the spawn rate *insane* with the way the original mod had it, considering the utility Fairy Dust has.
Not really? It was more of a followup on what silvermoon said about that mod and what we experienced for the mod.

Just because griping a bit doesn't mean we actually looking for a fix, otherwise would have....asked the author themselves