Today I learned...

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ha! Today I learned that since the game is played via Steam, I can find out how long I have been playing for. I started playing on August 19th, just over two months ago. And I have played a total of 778 hours... YIKES @%^%$#(*^(&!@#@%(*^$)(@&*$)$ (that is over 12 hours a day!!!!!!)
Remember though that Steam also counts time that you have the game paused but still on. If you do that while attending to other things in life, then that kinda plumps up your hours a bit. So you're totally not an addict. Not at all.

You can quit at any time.

We have several 12 step programs available, like My Time at Portia, and Slime Rancher, and Terraria.

Here have a brochure...

qaija

Sodbuster
Another TIL, in fact I am still learning, is to never leave a mine until time runs out at 2am. One time when I had no gold I decided to see what would happen if I stayed until 2AM. When I awoke the next morning I had 1300 gold in my wallet! So you get paid if you have less than 1000 gold when time runs out at 2AM!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Another TIL, in fact I am still learning, is to never leave a mine until time runs out at 2am. One time when I had no gold I decided to see what would happen if I stayed until 2AM. When I awoke the next morning I had 1300 gold in my wallet! So you get paid if you have less than 1000 gold when time runs out at 2AM!
Wait, what???

Sigrah

Farmer
Are you sure that you didn't sell anything in the shipping bin before you went mining? I ask because I've never received money for passing out at 2am with no gold ever, and I do that all the time in the 1st week of every new game I play.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You don’t, you either lose 1000g or 10% of total cash, whichever is smaller from passing out in “regular locations”.

You never get paid.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Remember though that Steam also counts time that you have the game paused but still on. If you do that while attending to other things in life, then that kinda plumps up your hours a bit. So you're totally not an addict. Not at all.

You can quit at any time.

We have several 12 step programs available, like My Time at Portia, and Slime Rancher, and Terraria.

Here have a brochure...
I'm pretty sure 12-step programs only work if a person actually WANTS to stop their addictive behavior. Who on this forum wants to stop? I suspect your programs will have no members. Might have wasted that money on brochures.
:mushroom::begg::sword::g::iristar::coffee::cactus::candycane::copper::iron::gold::iridium::coal::cbomb::apple::blue::wchicken::duck::wcow::pig::ca::heart::ca:

Last edited:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I'm pretty sure 12-step programs only work if a person actually WANTS to stop their addictive behavior. Who on this form wants to stop? I suspect your programs will have no members. Might have wasted that money on brochures.
:mushroom::begg::sword::g::iristar::coffee::cactus::candycane::copper::iron::gold::iridium::coal::cbomb::apple::blue::wchicken::duck::wcow::pig::ca::heart::ca:
I don't mean to stop but I did just declare I'm cutting it to a once a week to try and do more IRL items.

This coming Saturday should be one, as we have no other plans. If, that is, the next Covid shot doesn't flatten me past even gamng.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I don't mean to stop but I did just declare I'm cutting it to a once a week to try and do more IRL items.

This coming Saturday should be one, as we have no other plans. If, that is, the next Covid shot doesn't flatten me past even gamng.
Luckily I don’t have such an attachment to stardew. Or maybe I do and I’m good at managing it.

I have never had a singular game or even anything really be the pivotal point in my life bar a few important events which I’m really glad for.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Today I learned that IRL sea urchins...

Wear things on their heads

!!!!

OK okok they don't have actual heads but they *do* put things on their tops to block the sun and to hide and lets face it....

to look damn fine.

Ah! But the story doesn't stop there now does it? Because if they're gonna be stylishly doffing shells and rocks and golf balls to every passing sea slug and mermaid, then these bashful benthic bastions of fashion need real choices. Enter: 3D printing

People made hats for them. Because people are cool and one of the coolest things that people like to do is wear hats and when people find other non-people things that prefer the odd piece of headgear, people spread that enhattened love all around. Of course even in sea urchin circles, there's always someone who just can't control themselves...

OK dude, chill. Sharing is caring.