Stupid (but not) Stardew Theories

I still like the theory that nobody notices or reacts to nobody aging because they're actually all elves and live for hundreds of years; it's just normal to them. This is why babies still grow up fast (learning to walk doesn't take any longer) but everything afterwards is the same ever after.

I prefer this to the time loop version or the "everyone is secretly dead" to explain why nothing changes but the babies.
Two different times, I have found the bone flute artifact by the mountain lake, near where Abigail plays her flute in summer. It's hers, she's 10,000 years old.

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
my personal theory is that you never actually go to the valley.

you always have grandpa's words in the back of your mind, but the fear of leaving your job and it not being worth it scares you. you end up working at joja forever, and eventually ends up just like that skeleton: dead. everything we see in the game is just you in your last moments imagining what could have happened if you actually listened to grandpa.

Bawby

Planter

you always have grandpa's words in the back of your mind, but the fear of leaving your job and it not being worth it scares you. you end up working at joja forever, and eventually ends up just like that skeleton: dead. everything we see in the game is just you in your last moments imagining what could have happened if you actually listened to grandpa.
Ah, an Owl Creek thing, eh? I would be down in the dumps for weeks if that were true!

Lenora Rose

Farmer

It's a theory, but I dunno, I find this kind of idea much much more depressing than just having it happen and playing along with the quirks. Does anyone have a theory about the fish?

Yvi

Sodbuster
Does anyone have a theory about the fish?
I don't think the sea is pure saltwater, because the fish you pull from it can be put with freshwater fish in fish tanks. I think the "sea" is either a large freshwater lake or mildly brackish. The fish are also not the same as real fish of the same names - related perhaps, but distinct populations acclimated to the (brackish) waters around the valley.

Ereo

Helper
I don't think the sea is pure saltwater, because the fish you pull from it can be put with freshwater fish in fish tanks. I think the "sea" is either a large freshwater lake or mildly brackish. The fish are also not the same as real fish of the same names - related perhaps, but distinct populations acclimated to the (brackish) waters around the valley.
That would explain why you can fill your watering can at the sea and your plants don’t care…

LRangerR

Local Legend
Awww... I was all set with a "Stardew is the Matrix!" with Mr. Qi as the Architect/Key Maker of sorts. I was prepared for the whole, "Mr. Qi is 'THE KEY'!" Ha haaaa!

Then come to find out that his name is likely pronounced "chee". 😢
CA confirmed that it's "kee" or something like that once upon a time.

You're just playing SDV in your office the entire time, brought to you by JojaCorp, by Concerned Ape. :slime:

Maher

Sodbuster
Perhaps Emily has accidentally been using JojaBluu to paint eggs for the Egg Festival, and they just happen to make their way into your incubator. Is someone switching them out?
Ever notice how when you get into the Walnut Room, Qi warns you not to put Qi gems in your mouth? Ever notice how Qi is blue? Well maybe Shane irradiated some chickens with Qi Gems and hybridized the mutant strain with standard chickens. That's why some come out blue and some don't. The allele for the blue plumage doesn't always manifest!

Lenora Rose

Farmer
This is a good start, but I was wondering if there were theories how you can keep them in your fridge for 2 years, and not only do they not rot, if you stick them in a fishpond, they start swimming around and reproducing, even if alone.

(Obviously, turning them into sashimi or a recipe kills them, and presumably so does eating them uncooked, but nothing short of that seems to...)

Maher

Sodbuster
This is a good start, but I was wondering if there were theories how you can keep them in your fridge for 2 years, and not only do they not rot, if you stick them in a fishpond, they start swimming around and reproducing, even if alone.
They enter a state of suspended animation when out of water. As for reproducing - all farmable animals reproduce by parthenogenesis.

Reactions: Yvi