Stupid (but not) Stardew Theories

MRight

Planter
Here's one:
you pass out during the night at the exact same time because of a gas sent through the valley that is released by Lewis. during the time everyone is passed out he makes golden statues of himself. (forgot where i heard this)

I guess Lewis isn't a good guy, because I found another theory about him! Somebody realised that in one of Lewis' dialogue options is him saying "I've been mayor of this town for twenty years!" which seems fin until you realize that you move in twenty years after grandpa's death. Did Lewis do something to grandpa or did he just wait for his old bud to die before becoming the new mayor. All I know now is that grandpa was probably mayor once and I'm mad because I'm not able to run OR vote.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oooo ooo! Can I play? Can I canicani???

The real reason that everyone in town has such cool hair colors is that the local Slime population runs a secret hairdressing salon chain with outlets in the Secret Woods and north of the eastern Beach. Slimes run kinda cold and they love nothing more than sitting on a warm head, kinda like a cat-hat. As the different color Slimes sit on your head and emit happy cooing sounds, some of their color melts off and into your hair and after an hour or so and a quick blowdry to set the color, you're good for a fortnight or your roots grow out.

And lest you think it's only Emily and Caroline, Elliott and Robin keep the Orange Slime consortium in business. And Haley's coif would barely be the faintest beige in Summer and barely lighter than brown in Winter if not for the Yellow Slimes. And you can put your Wizard ancestry theories to rest as Abby's been sneaking out to the Partnership of Purple Slimes ever since Caroline decided she should go back to brown'chestnut'. A girl's gotta go what what a girl's gotta do.

Last edited:

Godkin

Planter
Here's one:
you pass out during the night at the exact same time because of a gas sent through the valley that is released by Lewis. during the time everyone is passed out he makes golden statues of himself. (forgot where i heard this)

I guess Lewis isn't a good guy, because I found another theory about him! Somebody realised that in one of Lewis' dialogue options is him saying "I've been mayor of this town for twenty years!" which seems fin until you realize that you move in twenty years after grandpa's death. Did Lewis do something to grandpa or did he just wait for his old bud to die before becoming the new mayor. All I know now is that grandpa was probably mayor once and I'm mad because I'm not able to run OR vote.
Generally, fainting occurs because blood pressure suddenly decreases, resulting in reduced blood flow and oxygen supply to the brain (medically speaking). The sleep feature can be used to control events in the game that occur at certain times, such as changing seasons or special events that only occur at certain times.

Although Lewis is considered an evil and controversial character, I'm not sure that he sent any particular gas through the valley, because that sounds ridiculous to me.

I don't mean to refute your theory or make it seem serious. I know that this thread is used to share certain wild theories. I just wanted to add a different perspective to what you said, because if anyone believes that, it might seem strange. (¬_¬)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Holy cow, you seem to be right! I am horrified! But how do you explain the fact that my incubator turns a white or brown egg from a normal chicken into a blue chicken? Has Shane secretly contaminated the brown and white hens too?
The incubator has a little reservoir in it like for a dishwasher rinsing agent which is where you put your Joja Bluu (incidentally itself made from Blue Slimes), but it dispenses at random times so only on occasion do you get the Joja Bluu Chikkin™.

Nononono, I don't put Joja Bluu into any incubator, no way. Never. This must be a conspiracy. But who conspires with whom - and above all: why? Let me think about it ... the incubator comes from Robin ... the chickens come from Marnie with Shane taking care of them, and Shane had a job at Joja's, the producer of Joja Bluu ... What role does Robin play in this? And don't forget: Shane has made a promotional film for Joja Bluu with Clint and Emily - does that mean anything?

Bawby

Planter
Nononono, I don't put Joja Bluu into any incubator, no way. Never. This must be a conspiracy. But who conspires with whom - and above all: why? Let me think about it ... the incubator comes from Robin ... the chickens come from Marnie with Shane taking care of them, and Shane had a job at Joja's, the producer of Joja Bluu ... What role does Robin play in this? And don't forget: Shane has made a promotional film for Joja Bluu with Clint and Emily - does that mean anything?
This has Mr. Qi and his weird Qi Fruit written all over it.

LRangerR

Local Legend
You can't forget the Witch, who is known to play tricks on the farmer and turn all your chickens into VOID CHICKENS!!!

Could she have made her pranks slightly more subtle, and is now slipping JojaBluu into the chicken's diet while you sleep?

Or perhaps it's the haygrass that has been contaminated by years of JojaBluu groundwater contamination due to all the JojaBluu that the farmer has never fished out of his ponds? HMMMMMMM...

Perhaps Emily has accidentally been using JojaBluu to paint eggs for the Egg Festival, and they just happen to make their way into your incubator. Is someone switching them out?

I love whodunnits. All three of them. How to find the truth? ...

My visit to the witch is about to happen. I'll have a good look round her hut, maybe I'll find a clue.

I'm going to have a fishing day at the farm ponds.

Easter eggs are the trickiest to find out. But next spring is sure to come, and instead of looking for eggs, I'll be watching the grounds.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
What I want to know is why I pass out on my own farm in a shed or green house or my front porch, why are these people on my property giving me emergency medical care and entering my house and charging me $1000 for their services. They are like vultures lying in wait on my property for the clock to strike two so they can enter my house and touch my bed (and what exactly was their emergency care near my bed) and make $1000 what really happens in Stardew between 2am and 6am that I’m not allowed to be awake to witness and see?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I still like the theory that nobody notices or reacts to nobody aging because they're actually all elves and live for hundreds of years; it's just normal to them. This is why babies still grow up fast (learning to walk doesn't take any longer) but everything afterwards is the same ever after.

I prefer this to the time loop version or the "everyone is secretly dead" to explain why nothing changes but the babies.

My favorite theory is that Linus is Yoba, based solely off of how knowledgeable he is about nature and how understanding he is in general; though he gets vandalized and harassed, he never appears resentful or bitter, only gracious and forgiving. This can be further confirmed by his dialogue during the
green rain event
in 1.6 when he says,
"Everything will go back to normal tomorrow," as it appears he's the only person in the valley who has any idea of what's going on while everyone else is more or less freaking out.
Plus, he never really speaks of his past or his aspirations like the other villagers, he's always dropping wisdom and maintains a calm disposition as if he knows fully well what will happen, and of course he would if he's Yoba because it is his will--hallelujah!! 🙏

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
Here's one:

um wow lol

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
Here's one:

wait , but then how would a joja member find you then, because if everyone fell asleep from the gas, then joja/linus/whoever, would not be able to get you

Bawby

Planter
Awww... I was all set with a "Stardew is the Matrix!" with Mr. Qi as the Architect/Key Maker of sorts. I was prepared for the whole, "Mr. Qi is 'THE KEY'!" Ha haaaa!

Then come to find out that his name is likely pronounced "chee". 😢