Slow time statue

Nick457

Sodbuster
Just thought maybe a statue that can slow time down a bit so you can go to the desert or to Ginger island and explore before it's too late and too dark to do anything , just thought a time statue that slows down time a bit was a neat idea

I'm going to be completely honest and say that I rolled my eyes at this suggestion when I first saw it, but... I think that an entirely new item may not be necessary and that this could be implemented with a certain endgame item The Golden Clock. I'm not entirely sure how or if this would or could be implemented, and there may already be a mod for this, (I might go check Nexus after this for just that) but suffice it say, that this is an interesting idea that could be implemented, especially since that endgame item is not very useful in my opinion and it is a clock.

Boo1972

Farmer
Time does move slower in the Skull Cavern but not any other dungeons, as far as I know. There are mods that freeze time, for PC users. I like the flow of time in the valley, but I have spent 700 or so hours in Pelican Town. For me, it’s part of the challenge.

Time does move slower in the Skull Cavern but not any other dungeons, as far as I know. There are mods that freeze time, for PC users. I like the flow of time in the valley, but I have spent 700 or so hours in Pelican Town. For me, it’s part of the challenge.
I have to agree with you on the flow of time. I can't say that I expect it to be implemented, especially due to the fact that a large part of the game is about time management. I enjoy the time-management aspect greatly, and it has admittedly improved my IRL time management skills. My only thoughts were that this could be a good way to make the Golden Clock more useful to endgame players, especially since it is such a massive investment. The time-slowing wouldn't need to be a large one either. It could be similar to the slowing of Skull Caverns, perhaps even only slowing time by 10-25%.

I found a mod that works in an interesting way that might appeal if anyone plays modded PC. It is called skill capstone and it gives you a capstone skill after reaching level 10 in all skills. One of the options makes time move 20% slower. Here is the link for anyone who is interested.

Rickter

Newcomer
I really think that an option should be maid to slow down the speed at which the day goes on for two main reasons. Reason 1 it’s enables new players to learn the game with les stress and encourages people to just relax and play the game at their own speed. Reason 2 it will make the game more friendly to people who arnt “gamers” and can’t just jump into a game and figure it out. This applies to so many people children, older people, people with disabilities all could benefit from an option to slow down the days speed. I can’t see one reason to not implement this. It not only makes the game more inclusive it also has no real game breaking capabilities. Thank you for reading and I hope this gets implemented so more people can play and love this game .

imnvs

Local Legend
I really think that an option should be maid to slow down the speed at which the day goes on for two main reasons. Reason 1 it’s enables new players to learn the game with les stress and encourages people to just relax and play the game at their own speed. Reason 2 it will make the game more friendly to people who arnt “gamers” and can’t just jump into a game and figure it out. This applies to so many people children, older people, people with disabilities all could benefit from an option to slow down the days speed. I can’t see one reason to not implement this. It not only makes the game more inclusive it also has no real game breaking capabilities. Thank you for reading and I hope this gets implemented so more people can play and love this game .
I don't fundamentally disagree with you... but what is being suggested wouldn't be for new players. It would be something you'd have to acquire in game somehow, and something as powerful as the ability to change the rate at which time flows is sure to be expensive.

It has been suggested before that an "easy mode" be implemented, in some fashion, and that slowing the passage of time be included in that easy mode. There are a few threads that touch on that...

...and so here's a good thread: Various Game Mode for Enhance Gameplay Experience, and in it is discussed various ways to do easy and hard modes including slowing time for an easy mode. (I recommend this thread.)
...and another thread: Easy mode, though the OP only suggests it for consoles and I don't know why.
...and one more: Game mode for slower time, but lower selling prices, but this one didn't get much attention at the time (this is the oldest of them).

Know that some folk object to being able to gain achievements if playing in easy mode.

Last edited: