Magic Shop in the Wizard's Tower

Hi everyone !

What would you think if a wizard opened a magic shop where he would sell such good things as different totems ? Yes , you can craft them , but personally i don't want spend valuable materials on the one time use items and i'd rather buy them in the shop . Next , what is always not enough and always ends so quickly in the game ? Wrong , it's not money 🤑 (well , except the first year of course 😄) - it's TIME . So an magical hourglass that will stop flows of time on the certain period would be insanely helpful . Better than this can only be golden magical hourglass with infinity uses and nothing else I'm afraid 😀. But this almighty item must have big enough recharge time , otherwise infinite day length will be really unfair .

ISSsloth

Farmer
After completing the CC the wizard has a quest line that eventually leads to a shop being opened selling magical buildings.

What would you think if a wizard opened a magic shop where he would sell such good things as different totems ? Yes , you can craft them , but personally i don't want spend valuable materials on the one time use items and i'd rather buy them in the shop .
I use totems very rarely.
I would like to see that teleport totems also teleport my horse (if it stands near by). Then I would use these much more often (probably).

Next , what is always not enough and always ends so quickly in the game ? Wrong , it's not money 🤑 (well , except the first year of course 😄) - it's TIME . So an magical hourglass that will stop flows of time on the certain period would be insanely helpful . Better than this can only be golden magical hourglass with infinity uses and nothing else I'm afraid 😀. But this almighty item must have big enough recharge time , otherwise infinite day length will be really unfair .
The stop for the flow of time should be very limited - maybe stopping for an in-game hour so one has two hours for one (getting one extra).
Otherwise the totems are useless too!

The BIG question is how the NPCs should act, when the player gets this magical hour(s)? An easy way could be to have end of day at 3 o'clock instead of 2 o'clock...

Ereo

Helper
The NPCs could also freeze - would give a slight disadvantage because you couldn't interact with them and you couldn't buy things.

I think limiting it to an hour for a single use item is fair. An item like that should be fairly expensive and maybe sold in limited quantities - maybe the wizard would sell you 3 each Sunday, like Krobus only has one sprinkler on Fridays. I'd definitely prefer buying it with magic ingredients instead of just money.

For the infinite use, it would have to be really expensive - like the golden clock - or it would be totally overpowered. The question is, at that point, do you really need more time in the day?

The NPCs could also freeze - would give a slight disadvantage because you couldn't interact with them and you couldn't buy things.

I think limiting it to an hour for a single use item is fair. An item like that should be fairly expensive and maybe sold in limited quantities - maybe the wizard would sell you 3 each Sunday, like Krobus only has one sprinkler on Fridays. I'd definitely prefer buying it with magic ingredients instead of just money.

For the infinite use, it would have to be really expensive - like the golden clock - or it would be totally overpowered.
I second this.

The question is, at that point, do you really need more time in the day?
I would use this once each season: the first day is always to short - barely enough time to plant everything... :smile:

Why NPC must also be freeze i wonder ? And monsters in the mines too ? Please , forget sci-fi people , magical hourglass will only stops clock and nothing else . Having additional hours when you really need time for something is always good . I already said that infinite day length is really unfair , yes ? Of course this ability must be limited , it's very obvious and no one will be against it .

Why NPC must also be freeze i wonder ? And monsters in the mines too ? Please , forget sci-fi people , magical hourglass will only stops clock and nothing else . Having additional hours when you really need time for something is always good . I already said that infinite day length is really unfair , yes ? Of course this ability must be limited , it's very obvious and no one will be against it .
I don't know how it is implemented. But it seems NPCs have time scheduled tasks and doings.
Maybe this would be mixed up a lot if you just stop the clock, afterwards all schedules are asynchronous!

As much as I like the idea of having a magical hourglass I struggle with possible logical inconsistencies. I wouldn't like NPCs stop doing something as well as asynchron schedules.

Maybe you can explain more how this should work for you with some examples!?

I don't know how it is implemented. But it seems NPCs have time scheduled tasks and doings.
Maybe this would be mixed up a lot if you just stop the clock, afterwards all schedules are asynchronous!

As much as I like the idea of having a magical hourglass I struggle with possible logical inconsistencies. I wouldn't like NPCs stop doing something as well as asynchron schedules.

Maybe you can explain more how this should work for you with some examples!?
Please , forget about NPC , magical hourglass extend length of a day for you and you only . What would you use it for in the city/someone's house/elsewhere with NPC walking around ? I don't see any reason for it . But , if you want decorate your house (sometimes it takes to much time) , planting every fields in the start of the new season before night (you mentioned this above, right?) , and go down deeper in the mines (especially in the damned Skull Caverns) , magical hourglass(es) will be irreplaceable .

imnvs

Local Legend
Worry about freezing NPCs I see as a non-problem as long as you don't try to make it too complicated. Most NPCs begin actions, primarily travel, at a certain time. You freeze time? They keep doing their thing, or they keep moving to their new location and get to the place earlier than they would otherwise. Their actions aren't set by length, just start time. They don't need to be frozen. Their schedules won't get screwed up if you just stop the clock.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Please , forget about NPC , magical hourglass extend length of a day for you and you only . What would you use it for in the city/someone's house/elsewhere with NPC walking around ? I don't see any reason for it . But , if you want decorate your house (sometimes it takes to much time) , planting every fields in the start of the new season before night (you mentioned this above, right?) , and go down deeper in the mines (especially in the damned Skull Caverns) , magical hourglass(es) will be irreplaceable .
Why not have a "decorate mode" instead, where it pauses time, or makes time advance at a much much slower rate, but all you can do is move furniture around?

Someone mentioned somewhere else here that part of the game of SDV is time management. So in a way, your suggestion is taking away one of the most important factors of SDV, presumably just because you don't like it/aren't good at it.