Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Loving the 1.5 mobile update! There are a few bugs I've noticed though:
1. Once I reach level five on gathering or mining, the pop-up to choose a profession shows up every morning, even after gaining higher skill levels.
2. It's difficult to move things from personal inventory to chests or other containers - the items don't always go where you tap.
3. In the mines and dungeons the display doesn't show what level I'm on.
4. The golden walnut on the thing strip of shore above the Qi room on Ginger Island won't let you collect it.

Thanks!
I'm on an iphone14 Pro Max, iOS version 16.2, Stardew Version 1.5.6.36.

lorenzon

Newcomer
Type of phone: Redmi note 8
Details of your issue: Magnet rings are not working. Other problem: Every night the same "choose your hability" message doesn't work.

Type of phone: Motorola G Pure (Android 12)

Details of your issue: Upon going to the title screen, the game instantly crashes. Additionally if you get past the title screen and try and start a new save OR load your own save, it crashes. Randomly it has crashed before in my past save (notably right before events such as the Spring events and during building cutscenes). I bought the game when it was 1.5.6.35 and updated it today to the most recent version. The issue didn't go away with updating.

Screenshots/video: N/A. Can try getting if needed.

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?: Doesn't matter which you do it from, game would crash either way.

Any other info that might be relevant: The title screen crashes weren't as bad when I first bought the game a few days ago (It did crash the first few minutes ever of playing) and I was able to restart the game 5-15+ times before it let me in the first few irl days of gameplay, but what set it off and made it happen every single time is when my phone died on the night sky screen where you see your profits of the day. Every restart would crash.

Game would not get past the title screen after that (if lucky enough, you get to the loaded saves but it crashes right after. Can't make new save). I tried clearing cache of both my phone and the game itself and restarting my phone, neither worked. I gave up on that save, reinstalled the game, and now it's back to the initial crashing issues.

Also there are two other reviews on Google Play (Same device model and latest version) who say they have the same issue. I don't know if it's a Motorola specific issue but when looking through this forum to see if anyone has a solution, there's several other Motorola posts with a similar or same crashing issue as mine despite different models. I haven't found any solutions from looking through Google Play and the forum as of now.

How to reproduce the issue:

-Title screen: Open the game, try loading a save or making a new save. When you get to the list of saves or the panel that asks you if you want tutorial hints or not, the game crashes without any input from you. If you try giving input (tapping a save or accepting/declining tutorial hints) it crashes the same way. This happened both before and after my phone dying on profit screen.

-Title screen 2: Same as above except you don't crash immediately, you get to actually give input. When you press on your save/accept or decline hints it'll then crash. This did not happen after phone dying.

-Events: Leave the bus stop area, immediate crash. Happened when going to the Egg Festival (Just walk out of the bus stop area) and happened on arrival of the Flower Dance (enter the forest, I did not enter from the south of my farm and wasn't able to test if it crashed that route before I uninstalled). Was my first year in-game and didn't get to Fall yr 1 so I don't know if other events are affected.

Gameplay: Just play and you'll crash randomly. It does crash when you enter buildings with cutscenes as well such as the first time entering the museum.

-----

EDIT: Just crashed trying to make a new save. I got the whole customization done and crashed when I hit the button to proceed.

Last edited:

thefatelrazack

Greenhorn
On the iPad Air

encountering a few issues such as having to do a bit of run around for robin’s board quests such as the one where you have to harvest 25 gold crops and put them into the bin at pierre’s, the only way to add them is to rearrange all the items i want to add to the bin in the first row of my backpack’s slots.
the backpack slots when adding to museum is also really glitchy.

more importantly i have an issue with sebastian’s six heart event where the game just freezes and i have to force close and restart it
actually just went back to the game, (opening a save file) and trying to put my quest items into the designated boxes and it won’t move out of my inventory at all

Swano

Newcomer
I am on version 1.5.6.36 on an iPad. I am unable to plant mango or banana trees anywhere on Ginger Island. When I select a tree from my inventory, no grid appears to select a spot to plant it anywhere on the farm.

Type of phone: iPad Pro (12.9 in, 3rd gen), iOS 16.2, game version 1.5.6.36
Details of your issue:
- getting same daily selection of profession as others on this thread - nothing seems to impact or save the selection. Every day, for two in-game months, I pick my professions over and over. Am > level 5 in all areas.
- any time I fish, the fishing rod reeling sound gets stuck and continues playing until I force stop the app (even plays on the title screen)
- my Health bar grows a little bit every day. It’s enormous (see image). I feel invincible but something tells me it’s a bug and not a feature!
- same issue with misaligned backpack grid/items when donating items to museum as BattleFinch792 reported earlier today.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? normal load - have not experienced emergency load on this playthrough.

50204964-8BDE-4AFC-AEFD-78FACDD7E8C2.png

Last edited:

Sweetiewee

Newcomer
In iOS update, after reaching bottom of the mine, level 100, I can no longer create things in my workshop. If I open it up and try to make bait or power bars a thin brown bar appears at the bottom of the screen but nothing else and I can’t select anything. Can’t create anything.

Chinapaige

Greenhorn
Device: IPad (6th Gen)
Issue: I’m having most of the same issues as other people, such as being asked to choose a level 10 bonus every single morning for every skill I have level 10 in. I’m also having an issue trying to trade items with the merchant in calico desert. Even if I have more than enough Omni-geodes it will not let me get it. The button and screen are not grayed out which seems to be an indicator that it’s available. Thank you for your help!!

awasky

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad iOS 16.2
Details of your issue: Every night since I leveled up to Level 5 fishing it has shown me the level 5 screen and asked me to choose a path. This continued after I leveled up to level 6.
Screenshots/video: See attached
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Load game menu
Any other info that might be relevant:
N/A
IMG_0494.PNG

awasky

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad iOS 16.2
Details of your issue: When in the library trying to place an artifact, my item menu is messed up--the grid is not over the block. See attached.
IMG_0495.PNG

Screenshots/video: See attached
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Load game menu
Any other info that might be relevant:
N/A

Popsy

Tiller
I have a newer iPad without a home button and the app locked up the device. i couldn’t swipe up to switch programs. I couldn’t bring up the control center. I also couldn’t turn the device off. I finally was able to restart it.

ClanBlitZ.86

Greenhorn
Type of Phone: Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro. Android 12.

Game Version: 1.5.6.36

Details of your Issue:

Every night after paying 10k to reset skills at the statue of uncertainty character keeps choosing between professions. Health bar scoring 415 hp.

EmilyBJ

Newcomer
Type of phone device: iPad Pro from 2020
Details of your issue:
1. Crafting system not working except at workbenches. The button that makes the thing isn’t there. Therefore, I can’t craft things without being at a workbench with all of the necessary items in an adjacent chest.
Screenshots/video:
2AD7DF1E-E8B7-4447-9B44-8B509B5B2624.jpeg

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Happens regardless of how I loaded.

Issue #2: “Robin’s Project” special order (80 hardwood): I collected the hardwood and brought it to Robin’s house, to the little area with the question mark that i”m assuming is the stockpile. However, I can’t deposit the wood. Here’s what I see:
5B342B7E-4664-4C5B-A6BB-CD3ADAC909F3.png

I’ve tried to deposit the wood several times, to no avail :/ Again, it doesn’t seem to matter if I load a previous save or load a new day.

Gecko

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Tecno Pova 2 (phone specs on screenshot)

Game version: 1.5.6.36

Issue: Every time I went to bed, these level pop up always shows up, so I don't think I'm getting the level bonuses at all.

Screenshots: phone specs and the pop ups.

the pop up is stuck on level 5 but I'm level and 8 on some of them

Attachments

Last edited:

Orda

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Iphone 8
Details of your issue: Anytime that I play any background sound, be it music or a twitch stream my game freezes and will stay frozen.
Any other info that might be relevant: If i press the home button and close whatever was playing in the background, whilst Stardew valley is still open but also in the background then Return to the still open Stardew valley app, it will carry on from where it froze originally when the Music that was in the background was still playing. Basically you can’t play and listen to anything in the background whilst playing or the game will freeze.

Everly7

Greenhorn
I’m on an iPadOS 15.7.1 using 1.5.6 build 36
Every night for over an in game week I’ve gotten the level ten fishing profession screen.
View attachment 14195
I restarted multiple times, but it won’t stop. I have angler.
View attachment 14196
Fish sell for the increased rate. It just keeps asking me to choose.
I haven’t tried picking pirate or using the Shrine of Uncertainty since I don’t want to make it worse.
I’m having the same issue – I use the iPad-I posted about the separately. Hopefully they can fix this bug.

Everly7

Greenhorn
I am on version 1.5.6.36 on an iPad. I am unable to plant mango or banana trees anywhere on Ginger Island. When I select a tree from my inventory, no grid appears to select a spot to plant it anywhere on the farm.
I have also had the same issue that no grid appears, but I was able to place the tree anyway.

JustCallMeSPED

Greenhorn
Type of phone: OnePlus 9 (LE2115)
Android Version: 13
Stardew Version: Latest
Details of your issue:
This one is minor; probably related to other "NPC in weird spot bugs", but even after the latest patch, Robin decided to go for a dip at the beach near my greenhouse the morning after finishing my basement house upgrade. m She was interactible. I then went straight to her house and she was behind the counter as usual.
Screenshot_2023-01-17-01-13-17-73_893d596dcff5c78bbd4f33a4f6c2351c.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-17-01-13-22-99_893d596dcff5c78bbd4f33a4f6c2351c.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-17-01-15-12-96_893d596dcff5c78bbd4f33a4f6c2351c.jpg