Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Pennylane1973

Greenhorn
Bug: App crashes after continuing where user left off

Type of phone: iPhone Xr (iOS 16.2)

Details of issue:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open app and load game from where user previously left off
2. See game starts where user left off. Wait for a few seconds.

Actual result: App crashes almost inmeadiatly.

Additional details: N/A

Screenshots/video:

Mango 🥭 en Twitter: "iOS 16.1.2 bug https://t.co/PnB3rXHzvY" / Twitter
No, I was just walking through my farm. I was loading the game from the "do you want to restore from where you last played" screen if that helps.
this happened to me too

Pennylane1973

Greenhorn
Hi there, please find the bug below:

Bug: App crashes after continuing where user left off

Type of phone:
Google Pixel 6 (Android 13)

Details of issue:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open app and load game from where user previously left off
2. See game starts where user left off (Beginning of a new day, in the farm). Wait for a few seconds.

Actual result: App crashes.

Additional details: Seems like it happens if I try to continue where I left off. If I don't, it works fine so far!

Screenshots/video: as attached (sorry I can't upload the vid bc file is too large :( )

Thank you for your hard work and congrats on the new release 🎉
Me too

Ticoi04

Newcomer
Hi i'm not a English speaker so I'll try
Phone: realmeX2 (android 11)
I connected my mobile phone to a xbox 360 controller and the controls are bad. For example if you open a chest, you only can choose the objects in the chest and it only moves to the left or right.
Another bug with the controller, i was planting parsnips and when i select the seeds, i couldn't move and the green squares was blinking.
I tried splain the best i can. Thx for all

agates

Newcomer
I play on a motoG 2021 Power. My animals randomly decided not to go back inside even though it was nighttime. They also wouldn't go inside the next day, when it was raining. They are mad because they are hungry and can't get to their hay, but the barn/coop doors are fully open.

Chelseaz_40

Greenhorn
Thank you for your hard and amazing work ConcernedApe for getting this update out to us! I just wanted to note a few things I’ve been experiencing as well as some of the other iOS iPhone and iPad players I’ve seen on this forum.

- you can no longer pick up things on your horse (forageables)
- the screen no longer fits round/curved screens, and some things are unable to be accesses or seen (mine level on top left corner, and exit button)
- the auto grabber is displaying the products differently and sometimes they just disappear
- sometimes when I hoe a spot, I freeze the game and I’m unable to to anything, which I then restart the game, and it usually goes better
- the UI scaling is slightly smaller and different than it used to be (villager speech boxes, inventory, store stock and etc) is smaller and slightly harder to read, and it even shows a little on the load screen
- the vertical inventory is unable to be scrolled up and down, which I switched to the horizontal one—that one keeps glitching up and down whenever I move around in a building
- dismounting from the horse is slightly harder, and takes multiple taps to get in perfect on the spot
- the horse returns to its stable after the “continue where you left off” and you resume the day without your horse where you left it
- it doesn’t allow me to sell split stacks of items (ex. I have six diamonds and I split it to 4 and 2 but I’m unable to sell the 2 (or 4))
- you know whenever you pick up something or fish something it shows up in the little box with the name on the bottom left corner—there might be a minor bug where it does not show any quality during the little preview square thing (but it does have quality, just doesn’t show up at first)

Mobile players feel free to add on if I left anything out, or if there’s a new bug!

nickzu

Newcomer
Phone: ROG phone 5
I created a new file save and it didn't reflect it to the folder of stardew valley in my android phone

Attachments

hlarson5

Newcomer
Thank you for the update!!
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm playing on tablet and I noticed a bug while fishing that happened a couple times.
After fishing, when I caught the fish and got a treasure, neither appeared in my inventory. The game continued as if I had not succeeded in catching a fish at all...

Junebug23

Greenhorn
Phone: iPhone 11
Bugs:
1. Tool bar seems like it’s stuck and won’t move up or down.
2. The seed maker won’t take my fruit or vegetables easily, I used to just have to click on it but now I have to press a certain spot which is hard to do.
3. the auto grabbers won’t give me all of my stuff the last one always disappears.
4. Dismounting from my horse is not as easy, I have to click many times to get off.

I want this game to work but with some of these bugs, this game at some points feels unplayable:(

Hello! I’m having so much fun with the new update (thank you to all who worked so hard to bring the 1.5 update to mobile!) I just joined to note a few glitches I noticed playing yesterday on my old iPad Air 2.

— Text is suddenly so small it’s almost illegible, even on a tablet screen
— Items vanish from the livestock auto-grabbers, forcing me to remove mine from the coop while trying to fulfill my first special order (24 eggs for sweet Gus!)
— I collected all the eggs for the special order, but was unable to put them in Gus’s fridge. Couldn’t interact with it at all, beyond opening it and staring into the void with a backpack full of eggs.
— It’s suddenly hard to place geodes onto Clint’s anvil.
— Stable now floats in thin air, leaving the horse out in the cold. Horse seems unfazed, but maybe that’s why it’s hard to dismount now and I can no longer forage on horseback. Horse is quiet quitting.
— I caught a fish and the game made a “fishing rod goes brrrrrr” noise for the next two in-game days
— Game crashed a few times, but I was expecting a few hiccups (on this update that I LOVE and am so grateful for. I just hope I can help Gus make the omelet of his dreams someday.)

epiphania

Newcomer
Phone: Moto G6
Issue: in Sebastian 6 heart event (DnD like game) it locks on the first "game" screen and won't respond or let me move on
Screenshot_20230108-123714.png

3julyy3

Greenhorn
type of phone: iPhone 11

I've noticed two bugs so far in my gameplay.

1. I can see in the relationship tab that up to 14 hears are available with my spouse, but when talking to them it still says 12/12 hearts
3A6A8E50-03C9-44FC-9640-398ED94AF3C6.jpeg
3A16AB93-7400-4798-AE6E-7B64E78F7892.jpeg

2. after completing the dye bundle for the bulletin board in the community center, i tried to collect the seed maker and it went directly to a spot in my backpack i haven't unlocked yet and i can't move it
1B6311EA-4088-4488-A9F6-591A205DD722.jpeg

UPDATE: glitch 2 keeps happening and i now have a stack of wood and a crystalarium stuck in that inventory
6813DDE0-EA1F-4D4E-98B7-ECE050E2DE8B.jpeg

Last edited:

Sparrow166

Greenhorn
Phone: IPhone 12
Bugs:
  • Everything is very zoomed out, including the loading screen
  • My animals are either grumpy or “thin” when I interact with them, even though the shed and barn are both full of hay and there’s grass outside
  • My tool bar is unable to scroll anymore, so I struggle with switching items
  • Joystick is messed up, moving controls arent working the same
  • Weapons buttons are very small and in the middle of the screen
  • Slimes teleport
  • I havnt found any others yet because I just started up my game this morning. Will update if I find any more issue

• if you could please fix these issues I’m on year 2 and I love this game but these issues are really making it hard to enjoy rn

Attachments

Lord Cathao

Cowpoke
Phone: LG Galaxy A11

Bugs:

1. If the game crashes for any reason it CANNOT be loaded back from continue where you left off. Because then it will minimize and crash again. (I think alot of people are having this issue. or similar).

2. I was wondering what everyone was talking about the slimes. They were fine for me the first update. After patch the purple ones especially have nearly killed me many times and I have auto attack on. As a side note, I like how the new auto attack works (cept in the slime hutch). You don't have to select your weapon, its nice.

3. This one may be intended. When in the desert it doesn't ask me if I want to go back to town. I just have to walk into the bus (not even the door, could run into any of the front part) and my character will drive himself home. I don't remember being in the driver seat before but I could be wrong.

TO EVERYONE: If your having issues crashing when selecting "continue from where you left off". DONT. Just click the red X and start the day again. I know this isn't what you want to hear but until there's a fix it works for me. I just have to hope I don't crash for some reason and am able to go to sleep at the end of the day. Most of the time I don't have crashes and this works fine.

Thanks

Last edited:

agent177

Newcomer
Hi,

A few minor and more serious bugs playing on an iPad Pro (16.2):
- The whole screen will frequently freeze up and I’m unable to select anything or move. Music still plays and I can see animations etc. but I can’t move the character or select inventory items or the menu. I’ve notice this happen this most when digging up artifacts, but it also randomly happened once when walking in the secret woods. Only solution is to force quit the game (losing all progress).
- Occasionally and randomly some items are difficult/impossible to pick up. For example I was unable to collect two wine bottles in kegs in my shed without clicking many times around the area. Leaving the shed and returning also fixes it sometimes.
- The inventory screen in the auto grabber is all messed up - boxes/ items move around or are randomly collected two at a time.

TheWolfLionBoy

Newcomer
Type of phone: Moto g(8) play

Details of your issue: When I enter the game, I can play for about 30 seconds and the game just crashes.

okiedokie

Newcomer
iPhone 12 Pro max
iOS 16.1.2

Everything is tiny now. For the most part it doesn’t negatively impact gameplay but sometimes it does and the aesthetic is not great. See below for an example:

449A003F-14D1-468C-9C83-BFB419099C0A.png

Momonipad

Greenhorn
Update 1.5.6.32 has released on Canadian apple store. It did NOT appear in my updates. I had to manually install the update.

check your app store to make sure you get the patch.