Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

highfin

Newcomer
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab s6
Issue: can't exit the game. when i push the back button, only the Log book appears. found no way to exit properly.

Croakichi

Farmhand
An older bug is still present:
When you use the workbench for crafting, items in the adjacent chest you accessed will get auto-sorted.

Type of phone: Samsung SM-G930F ; Android 8.0.0

I am writing this text using a translator called DeepL.
I have done a backup save, but when I check my Stardew Valley folder, I cannot find the save data.
(I posted a similar statement in my Google Play Store review and in my Twitter replies.)

Lord Cathao

Cowpoke
That’s wonderful!…how would I go about doing that?
I did mine the same way I downloaded the new update in the first place. I went into Google Play Store, looked up the game and it should give you the option right there. Basically wherever you get the game from on your phone, go there.

Drparsu

Newcomer
iPad Pro, 2020.
I‘m trying to complete Gus’s special request, and managed to collect all the eggs but couldn’t place them into his fridge.
the fridge UI looked different to other storage items like chests.
I tried on several different days and couldn’t put the eggs in.
maybe I’m doing something wrong, but just in case I thought I’d post!
View attachment 12770
I have an IPad Pro 2018 and have pretty much the same issue - special request for Willy
C10EE807-CFCB-462A-BEA0-A08F7DB40DA5.png

fanatic22

Newcomer
1. Date box size adjustment bar isn't working. Default is huge and won't get smaller.
Screenshot_20230108_002510.jpg
Screenshot_20230108_002503.jpg

2. Additionally we were able to use 2 fingers to view around the area. That isn't possible anymore (very helpful in the mines to search for existing ladders)
3. Having trouble opening chests or autopicker in the barn for whatever reason. These are where they exist in my barn (right by entrance)
Screenshot_20230108_003012.jpg

4. Is there any way to reset controls and volumes back to default? Would be a nice handy feature 😅
Thanks team for bring 1.5! Already having a blast

RubG0

Cowpoke
Device: Samsung Galaxy A41
Android version: 12

Here are some bugs I came across:

1: linus is stuck in the rocks near the path to the bathouse.

2: All special orders only give you 1 day for them to complete.

3: Mouse pointer appears when opening menus such as the calendar.

4: everytime the water moves weird lines appear on the shore.

Attachments

Klink

Newcomer
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
When launching a new game and naming the character or other text inputs, my pen writes up and left of where it's actually pointing. In the attached video, you can see where the script displays, but I'm generally writing on the line given for the entry.

Attachments

zoturax

Newcomer
iPad 8 Gen. / iOS 15.6.1 / SV 1.5.6

Bug Report:

- UI is way too small, looks like special UI support for the iPad got lost in the port (see attached file)
- I can‘t spam the spam the „use/attack“ button when using a sword and scythe, it‘s possible with the normal tools (except the watering can and hoe, they work just normal)
- If a use tap to move and hold the use/attack button while holding a sword I will move-attack-move-attack and then just stop. If I do this while holding a scythe, I will just walk, use it once, and then I will continue walking on the vector I had and ignoring the target.
- I can‘t move my field of view anymore and look around, just zoom in and out (don‘t know if this was a fix, but I really liked it)

I didn‘t put any of the bugs in you already mentioned in the patch.

Thanks for the great work

Attachments

nicodeux

Farmer
thanks for the bug reports, everyone.

So far on our end (unreleased), we've fixed:
-child checking crash
-auto grabber weirdness
-virtual buttons drawing during intro
-horse is difficult to dismount
-can't forage on the horse
-can get stuck on edge of map if dismounting the horse

so no need to report those bugs anymore, for now.
You fixed all these things in less than 24h after the initial release of such a big update, moreover on the weekend?? You are really committed to the wonderful game you created, but on top of that, you are truly awesome!!

Gale

Cowpoke
Type of phone: Oppo F5 Android 7.1.1, ColorOS 3.2
Details of your issue: When opening the game it says to copy farm to a new location. Pressing 'OK' led me to another screen but there was only a RECENT file folder and nothing else.
Screenshots/video:View attachment 12642View attachment 12643
Any other info that might be relevant: I do have insufficient storage space, so many files, and an android version 7. I dunno if that's related or anything but just saying.
My goodness, I found a way to solve my problem. Took me a while but it was worth it nonetheless, all I did was find the file of the new update and copy-paste my files manually. Don't know if it'll work for others but this is how I did it.

Copy saved file/s then go through -> File manager (all files) -> Android -> Data -> com.chucklefish.stardewvalley -> files -> Saves -> then Paste

I am now able to load my saves and I didn't have to go through their farm migration process which did not work for me.
Thank you for the great update, Mr. Eric, and the team!

323754334_8872993786059158_6312444231195549595_n (1).png

Last edited:

Goooood

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Galaxy S20

Details of your issue: First at all, I would like to say thank you for working hard to fix bug. However, in this patch(1.5.6.32), interface is too large. It is good that the size of Korean is increased with this patch, but the screen is full due to the large interface. I want you to reduce the text and size of the option interface(ex. TV Chanel).
Screenshot_20230108-150928.jpg

Screenshot_20230108-194033.jpg

And if set Korean, there is no NPC portrait in the interface window where I purchase the product in the store. If possible, I would like you to modify interface so that I can see the portrait in the purchasing window like the English version on the right.
export202301081817342020.png

Last edited:

raspyo

Newcomer
Hey everyone!

The 1.5 update is starting to roll out for mobile devices now, so we can start collecting reports of any potential problems. If you encounter any issue in this update, please post below and give as much information as you can:

We'll be redirecting mobile 1.5 related posts to this thread to try to keep it all in one place. Thank you!

NOTE: The update is "rolling out", which means that only a small % of players (randomly chosen) will have it at first, which should ramp up shortly.

1/7 6:30 PM PST:
the first bug-fix patch is incoming, and includes:
-Fixed crash involving children
-Auto-grabber inventories now function properly
-Fixed toolbar being stuck when using toolbar padding
-Fixed Junimos not depositing their harvests into the hut
-Virtual buttons no longer draw during intro
-Horse is now easier to dismount
-Foraging while on a horse is now re-enabled
-Fixed issue where you could get stuck outside the map if you dismounted a horse
-Fixed inability to tap geodes onto Clint's anvil
-Increased size of Korean text
-Added Chinese language back into the game
Found a mayor issue that would result in SDV not saving your worlds in your files.

Type of phone:
Samsung Galaxy A750 (Android 10)

Details of my issue: Found out that Stardew Valley doesn't ask for storage permissions on the mobile 1.5.x update, in result, Stardew Valley cannot save your worlds in your files. So if you accidentally delete your SDV or something happens to your game, it would result to all your worlds being deleted permanently.

Any other info that might be relevant: Example - You create a world, save it, leave the world, go on to the loading screen - the world would show up. But if you go to your devices SDV files, the save isn't there. I believe the problem is that SDV doesn't ask for storage permission, and in conclusion, it cannot save your worlds in your files. :')

Can't wait to see more of your content!
Best regards,
- R