Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

palmtrees

Newcomer
Type of phone: Ipad Air 5, 8bitdo Controller
Details of your issue: Pressing L or R shoulder button to scroll through the items in the bag only scrolls through the first few items. It used to scroll all the way through all of your items in the bag, now it just goes through the 10th or something item near the edge of the screen then goes back to the first.
Screenshots/video: Issue description seems to make sense.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?: It happens either way.
Any other info that might be relevant:

Seiryu

Newcomer
Type of phone: Mi Note 10
Details of issue:
My pickup range (magnetism) doesn't increase even if I equip a magnet ring or a Iridium band.

From what I remember, this issue happened after I combined a savage ring and a lucky ring, but I don't have enough progress or resources on a second save to test if this was the reason.

Screenshot:
Even with two iridium bands (one is combined with burglar ring, while the other isn't), my pickup range will not increase.
Screenshot_2023-03-15-20-05-25-188_com.chucklefish.stardewvalley.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-15-20-05-34-935_com.chucklefish.stardewvalley.jpg

Additional details:
- On the second save, my pickup range will increase if I equip a magnet ring.

uki

Newcomer
Hey everyone!

The 1.5 update is out on mobile devices now, so we can start collecting reports of any potential problems. If you encounter any issue in this update, please post below and give as much information as you can. Below is a form you can use to report your bug, and then we have the game updates listed to show the fixed bugs and to show you which version of the game you may be on if you're having certain issues.

NOTE: please make sure you have the latest update before posting your report... your issue may already be fixed. To check the version of your game, press the '?' on the title screen of your game and go to the lower left corner.

We'll be redirecting mobile 1.5 related posts to this thread to try to keep it all in one place. Thank you!
Do not click the "reply" OR the "report" buttons on this message! Make a post with your bug report by typing at the bottom of this page.

:silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar:

Bug Report Form
Please use this form to report your bug. The more information you can provide, the more it'll help us!

:silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar::silverstar::goldstar::iristar:

Game Updates
NOTE: The updates "roll out", which means that only a small % of players (randomly chosen) will have it at first, which ramp up afterwards. If you don't yet have these updates, you will, so please be patient!

1/7 6:30 PM PST: 1.5.6.32
-Fixed crash involving children
-Auto-grabber inventories now function properly
-Fixed toolbar being stuck when using toolbar padding
-Fixed Junimos not depositing their harvests into the hut
-Virtual buttons no longer draw during intro
-Horse is now easier to dismount
-Foraging while on a horse is now re-enabled
-Fixed issue where you could get stuck outside the map if you dismounted a horse
-Fixed inability to tap geodes onto Clint's anvil
-Increased size of Korean text
-Added Chinese language back into the game

1/8 8:00PM PST: 1.5.6.33
-Fixed crash if you "emergency load" and have junimo huts
-Fixed issue where NPC's were found in strange places, and walking where they aren't supposed to
-Fixed issue where the horse was missing after an emergency load
-Fixed issue where shipping bin deposits would be lost after an emergency load
-Fixed animals getting stuck outside and becoming upset
-Fixed issue where cursors were showing up in menus
-Fixed inability to advance text during the "Solarian Chronicles" event
-Fixed issue where auto-grabbers were erroneously showing as "full"
-Restored the missing starter quest
-Tapping on supply crates now auto-selects an appropriate tool
-Fixed pathfinding issue with the secret fishing spot in the Beach Farm
-"Add items to stacks" button added to chests

1/9: 1.5.6.34
-Fixed two invisible buttons control scheme not working.
-Fixed player freezing after tapping a horse while using a tool.
-Fixed closing a menu which contains a stardrop adding it to your inventory instead of consuming it.
-Fixed some museum rewards not removed when collected.

1/10 10:25PM PST: 1.5.6.35
-You can no longer auto attack in the slime hutch unless you have a weapon selected
-You can now place furniture on top of rugs
-Fixed disappearing weapon upon unforging
-Fix for inability to leave festivals using tap-to-move
-Actually fixes the missing horse after emergency load
-Actually fixes the missing shipping bin deposits after emergency load
-Potentially fixed a few strange crashes

1/12 10:17 PM PST: 1.5.6.36
-Fixes a crash at the end of the night if you used a mini shipping bin while having a special order quest active
-Fixes a dupe glitch and an item loss glitch
-Added some missing Chinese translations
-Stopped the extended fish family and the pina colada from showing up in the collections tab
-Fixed a crash in the Android storage migration code
-Fix for gamepads closing out dialog menus instead of finishing text
-Fixes a crash that can happen if you're using a gamepad in an inventory menu
-UI/scaling improvements on some iOS devices

1/17 11:25 PM PST: 1.5.6.37
-Fixes issues where the profession chooser would keep showing up each night
-Fixes extra hp that may have been gained by the profession chooser bug
-Fixes issue where you couldn't donate to special orders on high resolution
-Fixes weirdness with the mill inventory
-Makes pathfinding to parrot express platforms smarter
-Fixed incorrect names and icons for journal scraps in the collections tab

2/20 2:24 PM PST: 1.5.6.39
- Fixed issue where you couldn't listen to a podcast or music while playing
- Added toggle for flash effects
- Added advanced crafting info option
- Improvements to sizing on tablet devices
- Gamepad support improvements
- Added bigger tooltip fonts option
- Fixed bug where you couldn't select options in Solarion Chronicles
- Fixed a bug where you could lose items in a menu
- Fixed issue where you could potentially donate to the museum but not receive credit for the donation
- Fixed visual issue with mine level numbers
- Fixed dupe issue with lost and found bin
- Fixed issue where you couldn't tap on items directly behind a shipping bin
- A bunch of crash bug fixes
I have a ipad air 5th generation and bought a new xbox series controler just to play stardew valley on the ipad, when i try loading or creating a new safefile using the controler the game just crashes, if i do the setup of the farm manually by hand (not using the controler) it works i load in and it works for a while playing with the controler but in the first day it just freezes without any exlenation the game still works the time is frozen though like i have paused the game, i can switch between tools i cant move or open the settings, if i close the game and restart it it just hasnt saved so its impossible for me to play with my controler on the ipad.

JamBadger

Newcomer
Hey, please see bug below. Thanks for all your work!! :)

Type of phone: iPad Air 4th gen, with most recent Stardew Valley update.
Details of your issue: Regular crashes where screen goes black apart from top corner, and no way to fix other than restarting the app. Haven't noticed a pattern in whats triggering it, but when I re-start the app I wake up in bed and lose a day of gameplay each time. On average happening once per hour (real time).

Screenshots/video:

IMG_0198.PNG

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I'm not sure, think it happens with both instances.

ShirutoKazei

Greenhorn
Hey everyone!

The 1.5 update is out on mobile devices now, so we can start collecting reports of any potential problems. If you encounter any issue in this update, please post below and give as much information as you can. Below is a form you can use to report your bug, and then we have the game updates listed to show the fixed bugs and to show you which version of the game you may be on if you're having certain issues.

NOTE: please make sure you have the latest update before posting your report... your issue may already be fixed. To check the version of your game, press the '?' on the title screen of your game and go to the lower left corner.

We'll be redirecting mobile 1.5 related posts to this thread to try to keep it all in one place. Thank you!
Do not click the "reply" OR the "report" buttons on this message! Make a post with your bug report by typing at the bottom of this page.

Bug Report Form
Please use this form to report your bug. The more information you can provide, the more it'll help us!

Game Updates
NOTE: The updates "roll out", which means that only a small % of players (randomly chosen) will have it at first, which ramp up afterwards. If you don't yet have these updates, you will, so please be patient!

1/7 6:30 PM PST: 1.5.6.32
-Fixed crash involving children
-Auto-grabber inventories now function properly
-Fixed toolbar being stuck when using toolbar padding
-Fixed Junimos not depositing their harvests into the hut
-Virtual buttons no longer draw during intro
-Horse is now easier to dismount
-Foraging while on a horse is now re-enabled
-Fixed issue where you could get stuck outside the map if you dismounted a horse
-Fixed inability to tap geodes onto Clint's anvil
-Increased size of Korean text
-Added Chinese language back into the game

1/8 8:00PM PST: 1.5.6.33
-Fixed crash if you "emergency load" and have junimo huts
-Fixed issue where NPC's were found in strange places, and walking where they aren't supposed to
-Fixed issue where the horse was missing after an emergency load
-Fixed issue where shipping bin deposits would be lost after an emergency load
-Fixed animals getting stuck outside and becoming upset
-Fixed issue where cursors were showing up in menus
-Fixed inability to advance text during the "Solarian Chronicles" event
-Fixed issue where auto-grabbers were erroneously showing as "full"
-Restored the missing starter quest
-Tapping on supply crates now auto-selects an appropriate tool
-Fixed pathfinding issue with the secret fishing spot in the Beach Farm
-"Add items to stacks" button added to chests

1/9: 1.5.6.34
-Fixed two invisible buttons control scheme not working.
-Fixed player freezing after tapping a horse while using a tool.
-Fixed closing a menu which contains a stardrop adding it to your inventory instead of consuming it.
-Fixed some museum rewards not removed when collected.

1/10 10:25PM PST: 1.5.6.35
-You can no longer auto attack in the slime hutch unless you have a weapon selected
-You can now place furniture on top of rugs
-Fixed disappearing weapon upon unforging
-Fix for inability to leave festivals using tap-to-move
-Actually fixes the missing horse after emergency load
-Actually fixes the missing shipping bin deposits after emergency load
-Potentially fixed a few strange crashes

1/12 10:17 PM PST: 1.5.6.36
-Fixes a crash at the end of the night if you used a mini shipping bin while having a special order quest active
-Fixes a dupe glitch and an item loss glitch
-Added some missing Chinese translations
-Stopped the extended fish family and the pina colada from showing up in the collections tab
-Fixed a crash in the Android storage migration code
-Fix for gamepads closing out dialog menus instead of finishing text
-Fixes a crash that can happen if you're using a gamepad in an inventory menu
-UI/scaling improvements on some iOS devices

1/17 11:25 PM PST: 1.5.6.37
-Fixes issues where the profession chooser would keep showing up each night
-Fixes extra hp that may have been gained by the profession chooser bug
-Fixes issue where you couldn't donate to special orders on high resolution
-Fixes weirdness with the mill inventory
-Makes pathfinding to parrot express platforms smarter
-Fixed incorrect names and icons for journal scraps in the collections tab

2/20 2:24 PM PST: 1.5.6.39
- Fixed issue where you couldn't listen to a podcast or music while playing
- Added toggle for flash effects
- Added advanced crafting info option
- Improvements to sizing on tablet devices
- Gamepad support improvements
- Added bigger tooltip fonts option
- Fixed bug where you couldn't select options in Solarion Chronicles
- Fixed a bug where you could lose items in a menu
- Fixed issue where you could potentially donate to the museum but not receive credit for the donation
- Fixed visual issue with mine level numbers
- Fixed dupe issue with lost and found bin
- Fixed issue where you couldn't tap on items directly behind a shipping bin
- A bunch of crash bug fixes
Hi, i played on Android, and updated the game to 1.5.6.39. One thing i noticed the most is the UI ? (Dialogue Box) are bigger than before. It almost takes up all my screen, compared to the previous one. Is it a thing or is it a bug? Can you fix it? Since it's bothering me after a while. Thanks! Here's the comparison (Lewis one is before update, and Shane one after update)

Attachments

luanzk

Greenhorn
Phone type: Xiaomi 11T pro Android 13, MIUI 14.0.1 global version
Details of your problem: I'm on version 1.5.6.39. Back to the slingshot issue, I can't aim properly with the action buttons activated. It's working in auto-attack mode, but when I turn it on, it always mis-aims or "pulls somewhere". this is totally messing me up in mining, when I was in 1.4 this didn't happen. Please fix this urgently 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Screenshots/Video: Here's a new video about the slingshot bug

Aerothebear

Newcomer
Phone: IPhone 13 Pro Max

It’s impossible for me to use the Shrine of Illusion to change my appearance.

I crash to Home Screen every time I try to activate it.
I’ve tried starting at a new day, starting from a backup save. Ive tried during every season. It’s been happening for my whole year. It ALWAYS crashes the moment I activate it.

please help
Bro same

cursedways

Greenhorn
Type of Phone: Iphone 6s

Details of your Issue: There’s something wrong with the “save button”. I was gonna leave the game so I clicked the “save button” and I went back playing the game, it turns out that my progress didn’t saved, then after I went back to the bed in the game, I’ve waited for the next day, the screen shows that it’s still saving. Please fix this issue. Thanks!

Screenshot:
76810356-C296-4E91-A24F-5946476633A1.png

Hi, this is a bug with Jodi's 4 heart event.

Phone: Motorola G22

Details:
I had reached 3 hearts with Kent, but I hadn't seen his heart event yet.
I also got 4 hearts with Jodi, so I received her letter. I got a largemouth bass & got to her house that same day.
It was 6 PM, meaning one of the conditions of the Jodi's 4 hearts event was not met (Entering her house at 7 PM).
Instead of getting Kent's popcorn event, I got Jodi's event. When it ended, I was automatically placed at Jodi's doorstep. When I entered the house for the second time, I got Kent's event.

Something's failing to check the game time before triggering the event.

Also, I started the day waking up in the bed.

Rylocke

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy A02s
Details of your issue: Cooking multiple food at once uses only 1 'Qi Seasoning'.

For example, if I make 3 'Triple Shot Espresso' at once while only having 7 'Qi Seasoning', I would be left with 6 'Qi Seasoning' while getting 3 gold-quality 'Triple Shot Espresso'

Screenshots:
(Refrigerator & inventory before cooking):
View attachment 15401
(Cooking menu):
View attachment 15402
(Cooking menu after cooking):
View attachment 15403
(Refrigerator & inventory after cooking):
View attachment 15404

I loaded the save normally and woke up in bed at 6:00am.
Additional Details:
Another thing I noticed is that the 'Times Cooked' stat only increases by 1 even when cooking multiple food at once. Maybe that's related to the issue?
Did you also remind the teacher when they didn’t assign homework? (j/k, but still…)

Device: Samsung Note 10+
Version: 1.5.6
It doesn't happen on the same level in the cave everytime, but always after level 60. I will be attacking a bat or slime and it suddenly crashes. When I reboot it goes back to my last save and everything is gone. It has happened twice now.

Rylocke

Greenhorn
Playing on an 8th Gen iPad, os version 16.3.1
These two issues are continuous, regardless of whether the game has been restarted or just saved overnight.
Fishing reel sound will sometimes continue to play after fishing minigame is over and will not stop unless I force quite the game. I believe this happens when there is a treasure chest on the line.
It’s not a treasure chest. I just got it after an epic battle with a squid, no chest. It might be having the fish off and on the green bar repeatedly.

I get this error without fail almost every time I fish most of the day, so it is VERY common and shouldn’t be hard to reproduce. I’m on iPhone 13 P M

FarmerFer

Greenhorn
Playing on an 8th Gen iPad, OS 16.3.1

Playing with a controller, sometimes when I rapidly go from one tool to another after performing an action with the previous tool, i.e. removing a random stone with a pickaxe and then switching to an axe to remove wood the game freezes and that‘s it, if I forgot to backup save I have to restart the day.

I‘ve tested it by slowly scrolling through the toolbar or finger selecting the tool and it doesn‘t seem to occur then, but I got used to rapid switching with the controller and it bums me out that now it just randomly seems to be freezing when I do it.

It began happening with the update, it had never happened before, I hope it can be fixed, i love the game and it is really not a deal breaker but when it happens after doing something “important“ and I hadn‘t saved it does manage to annoy me.

VaniKoxi4

Newcomer
iPad 10th gen

Can no longer access Robins shop after purchasing something! I purchased first building it was a coop, she finished it and I wanted to buy another building but the arrow doesn’t show when she’s at the till so can’t access the shop at all.

JohnnyP

Newcomer
Type of device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Details of the issue: Playing 1.5 mobile, when I place cookies in the children's bundle, the game freezes. I can change which item i am holding in my inventory, but the clock stops and i cannot move. The first time, a junimo was still walking in the background even with the clock stopped. It has happened to me twice
Loading through the Load Game Menu