Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Art4dayzz

Newcomer
Hi, ever since the update there’s been a rare chance that marnie’s shop will actually let me shop there. She’s standing right in front on her register, the arrow to show that it’s open is there, but it still won’t let me tap on it. It just doesn’t open. ALSO Shane’s 8 heart event won’t trigger :)

Type of device- iPad Pro 2020
I’m not sure how to put a video so let me know if you want my discord to see proof :D

Art4dayzz

Newcomer
I am playing on ipad.

Whenever I fish, after I leave I get a strange noise like the reel winding in. It continues throughout the game and into the following days. I have to completely close the game down to stop the noise. Can't upload a video as it says it's not supported.

I am also unable to interact with Marnie to buy cows etc
I ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE ON IPAD

Falsism

Newcomer
Phone: iPhone 13 Pro

I’ve discovered a crashing error whenever I attempt to open a geode. Once I hover over an unopened geode the game sends me directly to my homescreen. I’ve tried 4 times and the outcome has been the same.

La dona

Newcomer
Type of phone/device 8th generation iPad

Details of the issue I’ve been playing the game for like 3 months and this morning my game started looking weird,all the texts, tool box and menú looks like in a lot more bigger size than before and e en if I adjust the toolbar in settings it grows again everytime I open the app

Screenshots

Attachments

ronnptm

Greenhorn
I still can't play the game! Every time I open it, it crashes. :cry: I miss playing SV. I have read that there are people here who have the same error on the same series of phones: Samsung S10 S10e and S10+ :sweat:

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Is there any way possible we could get the option to turn off auto-sort in our chests and backpack?🙏🏼

Until now, it only happened when I hit the white button by mistake. Annoying, but I chalked it up to user error, and lived with it.

Now all of the sudden my chest is auto-sorting when I add something to a stack that goes over the 999 threshold. In the first screenshot, notice there are 963 rocks in my chest. When I swiped my 76 rocks up from my backpack to my chest, instead of adding to the existing stack and just putting the excess in another empty spot, my whole chest auto-sorted. This has happened several times, but I couldn’t figure out why until now.

Thank you.

Edit: iPad 8th generation.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lma574

Tiller
A form of this has already been reported but I want to clarify to help you be able to fix it.

As already stated in the new 1.5 update, Auto attack is overzealous.
If you're near anything that you would be able to attack, even the bugs in skull cavern that you can't kill, it won't let you off of Auto attack.
It's made getting to level 100 of skull cavern obscenely difficult.

You need to be able to heal and you can't....

Now, since I've set the scene, here's the helpful part:
If you used auto attack in the old mobile version, it would still let you toggle and use other items.
You just wouldn't attack while those items were selected...
This includes food, bombs, etc.
Additionally once you use a bomb it knew not to keep bombs selected. That way you don't accidentally use multiple.
You would have to reengage Auto attack by selecting your sword.
So that's the reminders from 1.4.

As previously stated unless you select scythe as your weapon you can't use scythe in the mines or skull cavern ... Once selected you can only use it as a weapon. It won't let you use it to cut weeds or open boxes in the mines.

So I really hope this is helpful, but after 46 consecutive failed attempts at skull cavern invasion, the most recent one because of dying because I couldn't eat any food when I was on level 91, I felt compelled to write more here.... **** SIGH ****

PS -> added a few hours later, after my next attempt...
I can't help fix this because I don't understand the logic causing it but there are times you have the right weapons selected and you just do nothing.
You don't realize it until you take the damage.
All you have to do to get Auto attack to work is move.
But at that moment standing still gets you hit and hurt.
There are many other moments standing still has no ill effect.
So I don't know what causes this but it happens often enough that it's significantly detrimental.

Last edited:

Croakichi

Farmhand
[...]

1. When I open / load the game and start a new day, my toolbar is very zoomed in. I goto the settings. It is still at 40. I move it away from 40 and back again to 40, exit the menu and the toolbar is the correct size again.

[...]
Hi. I reported the same issue. I wanted to tell you that I just need to open the menu, click on the controller tab once, then close the menu. I don't need to change the toolbar size. Maybe it's the same for you.

Orda

Greenhorn
Just tried opening Stardew today and it crashes every time I try.
I have been playing 1.5 since it’s release and haven’t had any issues like this. When I open the app I get the white screen before the logo comes up and it crashes before anything appears onscreen.
I’ve tried offloading the app and redownloading but it still crashes in the same fashion as before;The first time this issue occurred was when I tried opening it whilst I was deleting an app of about 7 GBs in size.

My phone is an IPhone 8 on apple software version 13.3.1

I am mid play through and loving it, so I don’t want to delete the app to try downloading again and lose my save.

!!! PLEASE HELP !!!

ResiSouls

Greenhorn
Phone: IPhone 13 Pro Max

It’s impossible for me to use the Shrine of Illusion to change my appearance.

I crash to Home Screen every time I try to activate it.
I’ve tried starting at a new day, starting from a backup save. Ive tried during every season. It’s been happening for my whole year. It ALWAYS crashes the moment I activate it.

please help

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
A form of this has already been reported but I want to clarify to help you be able to fix it.

As already stated in the new 1.5 update, Auto attack is overzealous.
If you're near anything that you would be able to attack, even the bugs in skull cavern that you can't kill, it won't let you off of Auto attack.
It's made getting to level 100 of skull cavern obscenely difficult.

You need to be able to heal and you can't....

Now, since I've set the scene, here's the helpful part:
If you used auto attack in the old mobile version, it would still let you toggle and use other items.
You just wouldn't attack while those items were selected...
This includes food, bombs, etc.
Additionally once you use a bomb it knew not to keep bombs selected. That way you don't accidentally use multiple.
You would have to reengage Auto attack by selecting your sword.
So that's the reminders from 1.4.

As previously stated unless you select scythe as your weapon you can't use scythe in the mines or skull cavern ... Once selected you can only use it as a weapon. It won't let you use it to cut weeds or open boxes in the mines.

So I really hope this is helpful, but after 46 consecutive failed attempts at skull cavern invasion, the most recent one because of dying because I couldn't eat any food when I was on level 91, I felt compelled to write more here.... **** SIGH ****
I agree with this poster, especially when trying to kill the mummies - my least favorite enemy - in Skull Cavern. I used to be able to get them into the “downed” stage (using my sword), select a bomb, and detonate it. In 1.5 after selecting a bomb, it takes me right back to my sword which I’m swinging aimlessly at already downed mummies. By the time I can get a bomb off, they’re already reviving. I found that after initially downing the mummies if I stepped back a bit, I could get a bomb off…unless there was something else around that would activate my sword. I can also no longer run past mummies (especially in the narrow hallways) by un-selecting my sword because it gets auto-selected.

The inability to override auto-attack affected me in the volcano also. There was a slime and a Hot Head on the other side of a couple of rocks; I was hemmed in (huge lava pool on one side, a wall on the other), and there were no other rocks to move to. When I tried to choose my pickaxe, I immediately went back to swinging my sword. My only workaround was to step back and use a bomb to get rid of the two rocks. (This happened before 1.5, but there were usually other rocks around I could move to.)

There are times when the new auto-attack comes in handy though. For instance, it’s so much nicer now after running into a cluster of rocks to set off a bomb then running away getting chased by serpents and bats, that I no longer have to manually choose the sword before they catch up to me.

One of my greatest “finds” lets me no longer have to worry about the dreaded mummies in Skull Cavern. I lucked out when forging my sword, and randomly got the Crusader enchantment. When I looked it up, I found that it prevents mummies from reviving - and it works!🥳 No need to bomb them anymore, and I still get their goodies! I’m so happy!🥲

Thank you again, Eric, for such a great game, and for not bailing on us mobile players.🥰 There are so many new things to discover and try! It was well worth the wait!❤

OP, I mostly used stairs to beat that quest. I only tried the “honest” way once, but too many things - monsters, bombs, using holes - affected my health, so I crafted a bunch of staircases and traded in jade for some more at the Desert Trader. You don’t get dinged using stairs in this quest.

There are also some new rings that help with health that you might want to look into, but, obviously, you’d have to have them to be able to use them. Look into forging rings too, if you haven’t already. I forged the Slime Charmer with the Crabshell, and am very happy with the results. I’m waiting for the Lucky Ring to forge with my Iridium Band.🙂

Last edited:

WakiWako

Greenhorn

I’ve tried starting at a new day, starting from a backup save. Ive tried during every season. It’s been happening for my whole year. It ALWAYS crashes the moment I activate it.

please help
I’ve been having the same exact problem, and I can’t seem to find a fix. I hope they patch it soon.

Sachii

Greenhorn

please help
I have been having this same trouble to no matter how much I restart the app I have an iPad Pro fully updated and I also have the updated version of the app 1.5.6.39

swreynolds

Cowpoke
Bug: Cannot interact with shops

Type of phone:
Samsung Tablet A8

Details of issue:
Steps to reproduce:
Click on the area to interact with shop and nothing happens.

I can only interact with the shop if I shut the game off and reload where I left off.

Screenshots/video: Not useful because all the character does is stand there and nothing happens.

Thank you for your help.

iPhone 14, iOS 16
Bug: EEEEEREREREEERREREEEE (fishing pole sounds)
Cant post video, description obvious enough (I wasn’t fishing it played after I stopped and didn’t stop until I refreshed)
Lol I had this same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, I had to back out and go back in for it to stop, not sure why but man is it annoying

Type of phone: Lenovo P2
Details of your issue: magnetism of the rings stopped working, I realized the issue while doing deeper in the mines challenge, I think they started not working then but it might have been earlier and I didn't realize it, was wearing iridium napalm + iridium crabshell at the time (but then i tried other ring combos to see which one was bugged but seems like none of them are working magnetism wise)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? probably an emergency load but i also slept and woke up the next day wearing the rings and the same issue continues the next day as well
Any other info that might be relevant: I think it started after the 2/20 update because it was after my mine level numbers were fixed

thanks in advance! :junicheer: