Switch [HELP] I can't seem to catch a fish on switch

Mikan

Greenhorn
So I usually play on pc and I never had problems but when I started to play on my switch I noticed that I can't seem to catch any fish. I've played stardew on switch before so I still remember how to fish but now every time I get the exclamation point indicating I caught something I'd press Y and nothing happens. There's no bar or scale thing that appears it justs goes back like nothing happens.

Has anyone have the similar problem as I do?

imnvs

Local Legend
Never played on Switch, so I'm just spitballing here... but is it possible that Y is not the correct button to push?

IntoxicHeart

Planter
So I usually play on pc and I never had problems but when I started to play on my switch I noticed that I can't seem to catch any fish. I've played stardew on switch before so I still remember how to fish but now every time I get the exclamation point indicating I caught something I'd press Y and nothing happens. There's no bar or scale thing that appears it justs goes back like nothing happens.

Has anyone have the similar problem as I do?
Never played on Switch, so I'm just spitballing here... but is it possible that Y is not the correct button to push?
Y is the correct button to push (just double checked on my own Switch), so I don’t know why it isn’t working for you. But, I do recall there was one time it bugged out on me and didn’t work for whatever reason (there were a couple other things that bugged out that time too for whatever reason). I had exited my save and game entirely, and reloaded it. It was then working correctly. Don’t know if that’ll solve the issue for you too. Either way, I hope it starts to work correctly again for you.