Windows Feast of the Winter Star BUG, Please help! [SPOILERS]

Amazingdeath

Newcomer
My game version is 1.5.6 Hotfix #3 and I am running into an issue that was supposed to be fixed with update 1.5.1. My secret friend for the Feast of the Winter Star is Leo, however, I have no hearts with him nor at any point in this save so he does not live in Pelican Town yet and is still on Ginger Island. Thus, he is nowhere to be found in the Feast of the Winter Star. The obvious solution is I could just skip the feast, however I would prefer not to do that and any input you all have is much appreciated. Thank you!

Ereo

Helper
The only thing that was fixed is apparently Leo giving you a gift, since that would crash the game after you gave your gift. You can still go to the festival, but you won't be able to give or receive a gift.

Amazingdeath

Newcomer
The only thing that was fixed is apparently Leo giving you a gift, since that would crash the game after you gave your gift. You can still go to the festival, but you won't be able to give or receive a gift.
Well, then the wording on the bugfix is very deceiving and should be changed as it suggests otherwise.... "Leo is no longer available as a Feast of the Winter Star gift recipient if he is not in town."