Doing stupid things

niteowl

Tiller
1). Took a load of weapons, rings & boots won in the mines to Marlin to sell. Woke up the next day wondering where my Galaxy sword was....Yeah, I'd sold it to him. Had to buy one from him at $50,000.
2). Get to about level 95 in Skull Cavern, having a good run but nearly exhausted my supply of stairs, bombs, etc, but still going to easily make it to 100...then get flustered when several serpents attack at once and accidentally exit the mine.

Cuusardo

Farmer
2). Get to about level 95 in Skull Cavern, having a good run but nearly exhausted my supply of stairs, bombs, etc, but still going to easily make it to 100...then get flustered when several serpents attack at once and accidentally exit the mine.
I have done this in both mines. Sometimes because I'm trying to eat something to heal but I'm a little too close to the exit when I try.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Wow I know I'm late but I'M HERE NOW! This wasn't the latest stupid thing I did, it was in the beginning. I sold my first Dinosaur Egg. Brilliant.
I think I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it belongs here. Speaking of dino eggs, I got so excited about getting one in a treasure chest once that I forgot to put it in my inventory before clicking OK. It was gone and I couldn't get it back.

I was refilling my kegs in a big shed with the rest of my starfruit from summer once and I had forgotten to take my bombs out of my hotbar after a recent SC run and I accidentally blew up somewhere around 200,000 G worth of Starfruit wine 🤦‍♂️ I restarted the day of course, but I still felt like an idiot.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I was refilling my kegs in a big shed with the rest of my starfruit from summer once and I had forgotten to take my bombs out of my hotbar after a recent SC run and I accidentally blew up somewhere around 200,000 G worth of Starfruit wine 🤦‍♂️ I restarted the day of course, but I still felt like an idiot.
Ouch! That's a perfect example why I don't want there to be auto-save. I've seen people post complaints about having to sleep to save. But it makes you check yourself.....before you blow up 200,000G worth of wine and wreck yourself. 😁

Ouch! That's a perfect example why I don't want there to be auto-save. I've seen people post complaints about having to sleep to save. But it makes you check yourself.....before you blow up 200,000G worth of wine and wreck yourself. 😁
Oh yeah, with the amount of stupid mistakes I've made in this playthrough I would probably be set back YEARS without the ability to restart the day.

haywud

Farmhand
Wow I know I'm late but I'M HERE NOW! This wasn't the latest stupid thing I did, it was in the beginning. I sold my first Dinosaur Egg. Brilliant.
After reading your post, I can't help but wonder if I was selling all of mine in my original save. I mean I didn't even notice those eggs until I started a new save recently, so I have a feeling I just saw them as eggs and tossed them in the bin to sell.

What's the last stupid thing you did while playing? Or something you do without fail?

For me, it's about giving Marnie money for chickens when I have a perfectly good incubator in my deluxe coop. I seem to do this every playthrough without fail. 😭

Then there's trying to walk through a doorway while holding a food item that is important/took forever to get. Also, without fail, I click "yes" when asked if I'd like to eat it. Sure, why not. Even though I've got three refrigerators full of food, I'll eat this Legendary Fish. 😭😭

Also, and I had to learn this one the hard way. Putting hard to acquire fish in the fridge right next to the chub. Then totally forgetting about it and whipping up several plates of sushi and immediately going to bed. 😭😭😭
Accidentally giving wrong gifts all the time