Doing stupid things

haywud

Farmhand
Yeah the struggle is real lol
When there are several variations of eggs in the game, I feel it can be relatively easy to mistake one for another especially when you don't know the differences between them. Makes me glad I learned there was an ostrich egg before actually getting one, otherwise I may have sold those too lol.

If you don't count "Getting on your horse, riding it 30 feet, and promptly losing it" as a stupid thing done without fail by me (it is definitely that, for what it's worth), it's got to be failing to properly take note of the day or date. You'd think it's not hard to check the calendar and the TV before heading out for the day, yet last time I played I went to bed, saw it switch to "Monday" and then realized I had missed Queen of Sauce. In late fall Year 2. Again. Thankfully these days the reruns aren't as random and it's not as catastrophic of an error as it was when I first made that same mistake, but still. Missed a birthday too, because I checked the calendar as I was heading to bed and realized it was their birthday at 1:30am. Whoops!

Elenna101

Farmer
If you don't count "Getting on your horse, riding it 30 feet, and promptly losing it" as a stupid thing done without fail by me (it is definitely that, for what it's worth), it's got to be failing to properly take note of the day or date. You'd think it's not hard to check the calendar and the TV before heading out for the day, yet last time I played I went to bed, saw it switch to "Monday" and then realized I had missed Queen of Sauce. In late fall Year 2. Again. Thankfully these days the reruns aren't as random and it's not as catastrophic of an error as it was when I first made that same mistake, but still. Missed a birthday too, because I checked the calendar as I was heading to bed and realized it was their birthday at 1:30am. Whoops!
The worst is when I actually did check the calendar in the morning and went "Oh, it's Penny's birthday, I should grab one of those gold-quality melons for her when I pass by the chest of stuff to be processed" and then immediately forgot and didn't think about it again till I was heading to bed at 1am.

LRangerR

Local Legend
The worst is when I actually did check the calendar in the morning and went "Oh, it's Penny's birthday, I should grab one of those gold-quality melons for her when I pass by the chest of stuff to be processed" and then immediately forgot and didn't think about it again till I was heading to bed at 1am.
This is why i don't check the calendar and just give stone to everyone.
(jk, i try to give good gifts, but early-game i rarely check the calendar because lewis is usually staring at it for some odd reason. As if our good mayor doesn't have everyone's birthdays memorized already...)

Elenna101

Farmer
Stupid thing I just did: was organizing my inventory before going to bed at 1 am, shipped all the stuff I needed to ship, grabbed all the stuff I meant to give to Gunther the next day... and then, for some unknown reason, muscle memory told me to walk over to the shipping bin and continue shipping stuff. Halfway through shipping all my artifacts, I suddenly realized what I was doing, stared at the screen in horror for several seconds, and rage-quit the day.

Stupid thing I just did: was organizing my inventory before going to bed at 1 am, shipped all the stuff I needed to ship, grabbed all the stuff I meant to give to Gunther the next day... and then, for some unknown reason, muscle memory told me to walk over to the shipping bin and continue shipping stuff. Halfway through shipping all my artifacts, I suddenly realized what I was doing, stared at the screen in horror for several seconds, and rage-quit the day.
That sounds like something that I've done before...

Reactions: Tom
let's see, my first farm, year and a half in I have, pickaxed crops, sold raw materials, sold copper silver ect bars I was about to use and spend a ridiculous amount of money on items I could get for free If I actually looked around properly.
these are the most common mistakes

Cuusardo

Farmer
If you want to talk about forgetting birthdays, here's my story. On my farm I'm currently playing I married Elliot. Since we couldn't get married at the Egg Festival, our wedding was on the next day: Haley's birthday. I thought, "I should grab a pink cake and bring it to her to make up for it." And sure enough, I went on about my farming business after the wedding and forgot to bring Haley her cake.

Elliot still thinks we should have been able to get married at the Egg Festival, and he's probably never going to stop being salty at Lewis about it. I get the feeling there's going to be something like this that happens in this new book he's working on.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
- Accidentally gifting a NPC that I want to be friends/romance something they absolute HATE.

- Placing down multiple stairs when I already have one down that I’m trying to go down.

- Placing a mega bomb down while in skull cavern and being swarmed by the angry green noodle dragons, in a small area, and when I try to get to safe distance, I run into something.

- Selling things in shop I didn’t mean to sell … (THANK YOU CA FOR THE BUY BACK UPDATE FEATURE!)

… those are the ones at the top of my head.

- Placing a mega bomb down while in skull cavern and being swarmed by the angry green noodle dragons, in a small area, and when I try to get to safe distance, I run into something.
For so, so many reasons including this one (and the likelihood of relatively small areas being prevalent, and cost, and my health and sanity, and so on) I never use Mega Bombs, regular bombs all the way for me. Are you putting them down to clear rocks, or are you also using them for damage? The way you've worded this makes it seem like the latter might be the case, so I'm curious.

haywud

Farmhand
If you want to talk about forgetting birthdays, here's my story. On my farm I'm currently playing I married Elliot. Since we couldn't get married at the Egg Festival, our wedding was on the next day: Haley's birthday. I thought, "I should grab a pink cake and bring it to her to make up for it." And sure enough, I went on about my farming business after the wedding and forgot to bring Haley her cake.
I did something similar on my current save. I can't remember which character it was, but it was their birthday and I had their gift in my inventory and ready to go. The problem is that my memory stinks, I mean just absolutely stinks, so I got distracted with other things and completely forgot to give the birthday gift. The good part is that at the time I wasn't focusing on friendships at all, though at the same time I have been working on them lately and if I had just given that gift it would have made a nice difference.

- Placing down multiple stairs when I already have one down that I’m trying to go down.
Ugh I accidentally did this recently while trying to reach the bottom of the dangerous mines. I don't know if I hit the button one too many times or what, but I placed one then somehow placed another right above. I've also done pretty much everything else you listed too lol.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
For so, so many reasons including this one (and the likelihood of relatively small areas being prevalent, and cost, and my health and sanity, and so on) I never use Mega Bombs, regular bombs all the way for me. Are you putting them down to clear rocks, or are you also using them for damage? The way you've worded this makes it seem like the latter might be the case, so I'm curious.

I use them to clear large sections of rocks. What happens is one of two things: I’m meaning to place a staircase down to try and get away from the swarm of angry green noodles as quickly as possible, or I’m meaning to swing at them with my weapon. However, instead I end up deciding I should place a mega bomb (aka, using the incorrect thing —even on pc, I use a controller, since using a controller is less strenuous on my hands and fingers than using the keyboard to play). Good times. Ugh … lol

Lew Zealand

Helper
I did something similar on my current save. I can't remember which character it was, but it was their birthday and I had their gift in my inventory and ready to go. The problem is that my memory stinks, I mean just absolutely stinks, so I got distracted with other things and completely forgot to give the birthday gift. The good part is that at the time I wasn't focusing on friendships at all, though at the same time I have been working on them lately and if I had just given that gift it would have made a nice difference.
Ahem, yes I did just this in my writing-prompt playthrough for an NPC I really was planning on focusing on, under the same circumstances, and most certainly for the identical reason. Well, looks like the story is going to head in a new direction... 🤦‍♀️

The facepalm emoji here is just sooo inadequate...

MissDandy

Farmer
When there are several variations of eggs in the game, I feel it can be relatively easy to mistake one for another especially when you don't know the differences between them. Makes me glad I learned there was an ostrich egg before actually getting one, otherwise I may have sold those too lol.
Yeah no kidding!!

Ellajoy

Rancher
I've got my fair share:

Misclicking in the Traveling Cart interface and buying a Pale Broth for 600G when I'm saving up for a Barn.

Seeing a yellow blob in my inventory that's got Clint's name all over it – oopsie daisy, apparently that was my Pufferfish (meant for Willy's fishing quest), not my Topaz. Hey Emily, want this?

How about the time when I took a Shaft before noticing that I'd left a Prismatic Shard just lying on the ground 'cause my inventory's full of iridium and sap?

Or when I sold all my Truffles right before Winter, putting my Oil Makers out of business for the whole season?

What about finding a Mummified Frog and then restarting the day? Or doing the same thing with a Galaxy Soul because of a misfortunate death?

But worst of all: watering the same crop way too many times because my Farmer was too lazy to move just one tile over.
Perfect!

nicodeux

Farmer
If you need to till earth and don't have a hoe, you can still use bombs. Far more expensive, less efficient but does the job if you are in dire need to till earth.