PC [BUG] Multiplayer invitation code isn't appearing.

kevalok

Newcomer
Sorry for the delay, I had to switch my steam to English. So yeah, I went to Steam, then settings, then Remote Play. In Remote Play settings window I unticked the box "Enable Remote Play", then chose "Disabled" in the "Allow Direct Connection" section, then clicked "unpair devices". It said that it will unpair all of my devices from the Remote Play function, I clicked "OK". Then I restarted my Steam and everything seems to work now. Hope that helps you too!
I did this and mine still won't work :(

zacatackk2

Newcomer
If it still wont work for any of u heres a temporary solution to it:
Download NVIDIA GeForce NOW and make an account
then look up Stardew Valley
keep in mind you need a good connection so it doesnt lag
Thats what ive been doing for a few days while waiting for a fix
hope this helps
:wink:

newunusedname

Newcomer
Just tagging along to say that Ive been having the same issue the last three days. Works like 1/20th of the time up till yesterday when it no longer works. Tried reinstalling, verifying caches, firewall exceptions, remote play fix, nothing worked. Hamachi works wonders though.

g@bri3ll3

Newcomer
Just tagging along to say that Ive been having the same issue the last three days. Works like 1/20th of the time up till yesterday when it no longer works. Tried reinstalling, verifying caches, firewall exceptions, remote play fix, nothing worked. Hamachi works wonders though.
Good to see this forum isnt completely dead, i downloaded it today on my laptop and got my gf to buy it too, yet we cant play coop and ive been trying to figure out the issue. i still cant believe this is an issue happening.

Noobtastic92

Newcomer
Just checking in to say that this still seems to be a problem...was going to play for fathers day this weekend and no luck! Tried all the fixes. Hoping something gets fixed soon!

Noobtastic92

Newcomer
If it still wont work for any of u heres a temporary solution to it:
Download NVIDIA GeForce NOW and make an account
then look up Stardew Valley
keep in mind you need a good connection so it doesnt lag
Thats what ive been doing for a few days while waiting for a fix
hope this helps
:wink:
This ended up working for me! But the play time is shortened unless I pay money...Don't love that.

Kotomomo

Newcomer
I know there is only one developer and that coding is hard but how hasn't this been fixed yet? It was not an issue before this year from my understanding, and I think a large portion of the players of this game play for the coop. This is causing a big issue for many people. When will it be fixed? Is there currently a fix?

Using mac

Just so this isn't just all whining here are some solutions I tried that still didn't work:
-change firewall config
- reinstall game
- restart game
- change steam friends activity profile
- restart computer
- checked file integrity
- turned off remote play thing
- most, if not all solutions posted on this forum so far
- restarted wifi router (now the game won't even respond to trying to run)

liquidcat

Staff member
I know there is only one developer and that coding is hard but how hasn't this been fixed yet? It was not an issue before this year from my understanding, and I think a large portion of the players of this game play for the coop. This is causing a big issue for many people. When will it be fixed? Is there currently a fix?
It seems like the issue is being caused by GOG's servers(stardew valley uses gog's server for all pc multiplayer) rather than Stardew Valley itself. Concernedape has mentioned he is in contact with gog to get this issue resolved. I hope this is fixed soon as well!

Dmn777

Greenhorn
It seems like the issue is being caused by GOG's servers(stardew valley uses gog's server for all pc multiplayer) rather than Stardew Valley itself. Concernedape has mentioned he is in contact with gog to get this issue resolved. I hope this is fixed soon as well!
Is there a full solution to this yet or is there a problem just with right now because I'm still getting this issue and its been a year since this thread.
EDIT: I'm on windows and have tried all of the "solutions" but none have seemed to work so far.

Kathleen

Newcomer
I wanted to keep this thread alive and say that a year later and I still have the same issue. I got a weird message while fishing saying that it was unable to sync and disconnecting. I went to bed to save the game, closed it, then got an "unable to sync" error from steam. Restarted the game anyway and my husband couldn't join. The invite code is no longer available. I tried restarting everything multiple times. Play a different multiplayer game on Steam. All the stuff here: Steam was unable to sync your files [Fixed] (thewindowsclub.com) and this: Windows - [HELP] Steam Cloud not Syncing | Stardew Valley Forums But alas, the same issue.

My husband had just surprised me with an in-game proposal. I was so happy, but now I'm incredibly sad...

Dmn777

Greenhorn
nevermind for anyone who was having this issue again today it was gogs servers were down for a little bit between 6-12pm EST.
as far as I know should be fixed now

mysticka23

Newcomer
i've been having the same issue where i try to join my friend's farm, and the entire game crashes after showing the connecting screen for a bit. we're both on macs and they aren't using any mods.

GnarlyCharlie

Newcomer
Created this account, I've been having this issue for months- at one point, when I first started playing Stardew, me and some friends spent hours trying to play together- nothing was working. Twice, did my friend even show up as a game I could join, but it wouldn't work. I play the steam version, the most-recent update still doesn't fix the bug, none of the suggested tips work, and I've tried everything short of simply using an entirely-different computer; something that, literally, I can't afford to do. I have no mods, Stardew isn't blocked by my firewall, I use an ethernet cable and I have a gigabit connection. This problem still exists, where I'll just perpetually be connecting to myself, just to try even getting an invite code or to invite a friend directly. Having others invite me doesn't work either; steam invites literally do nothing at all (not even a "connecting" prompt), and invite codes never work.

The lack of official response to this years-long issue is as infuriating as the asinine blog posts of pseudo-experts that all regurgitate the same useless, impotent, ineffectual advice for every single indie game ever.

ZeInventor

Greenhorn
Doesn't make sense that this game is still very popular yet this post was made in 2021 and the issue is still ongoing. Theres just no invite code option, I've tried literally everything I could find on the internet yet it just doesn't work.

Tim21

Newcomer
Still not working on my part, the buttons don't show up and after trying everything said on here, still not working.

I'll try some more and give my solution if i find one but this is not making it easy for us...