PC [BUG] Multiplayer invitation code isn't appearing.

Chiyamii

Newcomer
Seems to be working to and from for me, yesterday I had the same problem but it worked after restarting my computer, steam and stardew valley a few times. Today it didn't work so I followed all the steps i found here including installing .NET, XNC, Visual C++ and reinstalling the game - and after that the "Enter code" button and "Invite to lobby" sometimes appeared in Co-op... My sister never got it to work though even if she tried the same things as me, so in the end after trying for 2 hours or so, we gave up. Many other players seems to be having the same issue if you check the Steam discussions. I never got to try toggling between online and offline so that's something I'll try out next time. Not too sure if the issue is with Steam since I could easily invite my sister to another game, and it didn't work with Stardew Valley even after it was working in the other game. Really hope it gets fixed ;-;

Minner126

Newcomer
I've been having the same problem where I can't host or join any coop games. There is simply no button to do it. I think it's due to the fact that Stardew valley somehow cannot connect to my steam account. I've tried verifying game files, restarting steam, my computer, my router and nothing has fixed the problem. The last time the coop worked for me was on the 02.02.21 and it hasn't worked since. Funnily enough on the last day it still worked I had the same problem occur, however it disappeared after restarting the game a few times. My friend has also had the problem temporarily but has been able to get rid of it by restarting the game. pls fix.

BADLUCKBOOTSY

Greenhorn
Hi guys. I am writing with the same problem.
There was a problem with my friend, for the fourth day we can't play together ... it's not so funny that it's even sad ..
We tried everything, all the tips, the methods - nothing helped.
we sincerely hope that you will notice our appeals dear administration ... please do something already, tell the publisher about this problem, I don’t want to believe that this is forever ... I’m crying, I want to play multiplayer damn it! sorry, I'm all emotional :sweat:

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
My friend and I are experiencing the same problem. Sometimes CO-OP just starts working without any noticeble reasons, but most of the time it is not working at all no matter what. Very sad, I thought that at least Stardew developers were caring about their players.

Inise

Newcomer
Having the same problem.. tried all the suggestions in the guide, but no luck :( it's been happening off and on for days now..

Tyelzor

Newcomer
Same problem for my GF and I, tried every possible workaround that has been floating on these forums, steam community and reddit... nothing works consistently. 3 days ago it was ok after several restarts, yesterday (from the same network) hers was OK after 5th restart, mine wasn't playable even after 40 restarts (including steam name change, revalidate, going off-online on steam, starting another multiplayer game). Really frustrating that the stars have to align in order to be able to play together, seems totally RNG...

maomixx

Greenhorn
Made an account just to say; Hi, I'm having this problem too!! Nothing has worked, tried a lot of things but nothing works. Perhaps some error with integration with steam? Oh well! Looking forward to a fix if it comes. If needed I can provide details of version running etc etc. I want to be of help to solve!

Navifairy

Greenhorn
A thread about endless black loading screen was shut and a link to this thread was put....no idea why. As it's two different issues

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
Almost two weeks now, still no fix. I'm starting to get really mad. Can developer at least say that he knows about the issue?

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
Guys! I guess I've found how to fix it! Just turn off your Remote Play function in Steam completely. Like, disconnect ypur computer from it. And then restart Steam. It should work

Vizual_Prophet

Newcomer
Lil' Lilu, I unticked the box in steam settings that says "enable Remote Play" - is that what you're referring to? Because I just tried that and still doesn't work for me. I'm starting to be really mad about this. I get that it's an indie game but me and my girlfriend payed money for this on the understanding that it would work, and it's not. Would be really good if the admin accounts or publisher acknowledged this problem or let us know they're trying to fix it. . .

Been a week of experiencing this problem for me, a whole day trying to fix it, trying all the "fix" solutions in this thread and others, and still doesn't work . . . .

Tyelzor

Newcomer
Since yesterday - after weeks of praying to RNG for a working coop - I had no issues, it was working on 1st launch for GF and myself as well (today too), don't see any mention of hotfix or anything, but seems to be working now.

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
Lil' Lilu, I unticked the box in steam settings that says "enable Remote Play" - is that what you're referring to? Because I just tried that and still doesn't work for me. I'm starting to be really mad about this. I get that it's an indie game but me and my girlfriend payed money for this on the understanding that it would work, and it's not. Would be really good if the admin accounts or publisher acknowledged this problem or let us know they're trying to fix it. . .

Been a week of experiencing this problem for me, a whole day trying to fix it, trying all the "fix" solutions in this thread and others, and still doesn't work . . . .
Yep, I also chose "disable" in the section about ID and clicked "disconnect all of the devices". After that it started working for me and my friend

Cmpunk

Newcomer
Yep, I also chose "disable" in the section about ID and clicked "disconnect all of the devices". After that it started working for me and my friend
where can i see that "disable" in the section about ID and clicked "disconnect all of the devices". ?