PC [BUG] Multiplayer invitation code isn't appearing.

Vizual_Prophet

Newcomer
Yep, I also chose "disable" in the section about ID and clicked "disconnect all of the devices". After that it started working for me and my friend
Sorry, you mean "Share IP" in "Remote Play" settings, not "Share ID" right? Cos I justtried your suggestion and it didn't work.

I'm starting to think it's just random chance to get this online co-op to work tbh - and these things people suggest just happen to be the last thing they did before they got a success xD

Inise

Newcomer
Have been having this bug for over a week now very consistently, and it seems random as to whether it works or not..
Any chance of a response on this one from anyone?

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
where can i see that "disable" in the section about ID and clicked "disconnect all of the devices". ?
Sorry for the delay, I had to switch my steam to English. So yeah, I went to Steam, then settings, then Remote Play. In Remote Play settings window I unticked the box "Enable Remote Play", then chose "Disabled" in the "Allow Direct Connection" section, then clicked "unpair devices". It said that it will unpair all of my devices from the Remote Play function, I clicked "OK". Then I restarted my Steam and everything seems to work now. Hope that helps you too!

plunki

Newcomer
Sorry for the delay, I had to switch my steam to English. So yeah, I went to Steam, then settings, then Remote Play. In Remote Play settings window I unticked the box "Enable Remote Play", then chose "Disabled" in the "Allow Direct Connection" section, then clicked "unpair devices". It said that it will unpair all of my devices from the Remote Play function, I clicked "OK". Then I restarted my Steam and everything seems to work now. Hope that helps you too!
I just launched Stardew and it did a very small update, but I didn't see any change logs besdies the Jan 22 1.5.4 patch and still no "enter invite code" option. Then I disabled remote play as you said, restarted Steam and it worked! So +1 there! It may have just been random of course, and I probably won't be playing any multiplayer until next weekend so I can't fully test, but it is worth trying for others!

I also unchecked "enable steam overlay in game, "use desktop game theatre while steam vr is active", (in Stardew Valley Propterties, General). I don't think that should do anythig though.

JacketFarm

Newcomer
I'm also getting this bug.

First started last night, and this morning tried some of the suggestions posted in here. It worked at the time, but wasn't able to play due to various reasons.

Now that we're able to play, the issue has popped up for both of us again. We're both in the same house, so we would try LAN, but even that isn't working!

To state: we've done go invisible then online, restart steam, turn off remote play.

Oh so this is a bug! Yes, my friend and I have tried this multiple times as well, we just thought we were being dumb and missing it.

Sometimes restarting the whole game fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.

Steam friend list also works really weird with this sometimes too.

WickedKina

Newcomer
so Today it worked earlier, but when My man was finally able to play with me after work, it stopped working and hasn't worked for over an hour now..... i want to cry, cause hes my fisherman ;-; please fix it!!

tblsilver

Newcomer
Has the feb 14th Steam update fixed it for anyone? It says it includes a P2P bug fix. I'm yet to try it with everyone in our multiplayer game but the correct buttons are back for me now.

Lil' Lilu

Newcomer
I just launched Stardew and it did a very small update, but I didn't see any change logs besdies the Jan 22 1.5.4 patch and still no "enter invite code" option. Then I disabled remote play as you said, restarted Steam and it worked! So +1 there! It may have just been random of course, and I probably won't be playing any multiplayer until next weekend so I can't fully test, but it is worth trying for others!

I also unchecked "enable steam overlay in game, "use desktop game theatre while steam vr is active", (in Stardew Valley Propterties, General). I don't think that should do anythig though.
Hey, great! I had to check it yesterday to help you and found out that it isn't a coincidence and it works every time. However, it seems that you have to do the same thing with turning off Remote Play every time you restart your computer, but I'm still not entirely sure. At least it seems to work.

Inise

Newcomer
Hey, great! I had to check it yesterday to help you and found out that it isn't a coincidence and it works every time. However, it seems that you have to do the same thing with turning off Remote Play every time you restart your computer, but I'm still not entirely sure. At least it seems to work.
Unfortunately doesn't work for me :[

ericolejaz

Newcomer
Same problem here for several days. I and my friends have to relog on Steam multiple times in hope it works eventually. It has come to a situation where we keep more than half an hour just trying to make multiplayer work.

Roostercake

Greenhorn
I'm having issues with multiplayer on ps4. As soon as my wife tries to join in split screen it crashes. We have tried everything but can't get it to work. Nobody seems to know what to do.

BloodRush

Newcomer
I am on the Xbox One, the problem I'm having is, anytime my friend tries joining my Farm it crashes and sends me to main menu. He cant join my farm that I have 80 hours logged in, but he can join the other farm I have that has 5 hours logged in. Could it be that it's to advanced or what. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, reset xbox, checked nat type, and restarted modem, nothing has worked. Any advice would be nice.

wild.fawn

Newcomer
I have been experiencing this problem as well. Sometimes I can do Co-Op and get the code for my farm/join other farms, but the majority of the time I can't. I hope this bug gets fixed soon, because I'd really like to play with my friends.

plosack

Greenhorn
After fiddling with it last night, I tried these 'online offline online' or 'start another multiplayer game' fixes, and it's just not working.