1.6 Update 1.6 release date is March 19th!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The only bug I know of to 'use' is the animal-item-naming one. Are there others that might effect your saves or game-play?
Yeah quite a few, there are glitches revolving around ‘name injecting’ which includes what you mentioned with item ids but also includes changing some parameters in game by altering their code through names.

Bug with the placement of buildings allowing for cramped buildings to exist without paths between.

Multiple bugs revolving around the clipping into and accessing of these cramped buildings which a couple of my farms revolve around(especially my main farm which if you’ve seen it before you’ll know).

So so so many bugs to do with save states on mobile which make my life much easier.

Bugs to do with seeds and seeding, also with their respective paired bugs on mobile.

Some out of bounds bugs (I don’t think these will be patched)

And those are most but not all of them, many are very specific.

Yeah quite a few, there are glitches revolving around ‘name injecting’ which includes what you mentioned with item ids but also includes changing some parameters in game by altering their code through names.

Bug with the placement of buildings allowing for cramped buildings to exist without paths between.

Multiple bugs revolving around the clipping into and accessing of these cramped buildings which a couple of my farms revolve around(especially my main farm which if you’ve seen it before you’ll know).

So so so many bugs to do with save states on mobile which make my life much easier.

Bugs to do with seeds and seeding, also with their respective paired bugs on mobile.

I had no idea there were that many exploitable bugs in the vanilla game. I can see where you'd be a little concerned about how fixes might effect your saves. Thanks for taking the time to explain!

HaleyRocks

Planter
That's awesome! I will wait though for smaller updates (fixes?) for the game to be perfectly stabilized first, since i still haven't finished 100% my current run. I also dread/abhor at the thought of a new game ultimately, since some aspects of grinding and item-hunting are trully horrifying (especially prismatic shards, auto-petters and various Volcano+Skull Cavern loot items).

I like the difficulty and the learning curve of the game being challenging for the average gamer, requiring thorough gameplay and reminding of a modern fangame of sorts (way more complex than the game they pay tribute to), but if i have to go through the exact same "farming" sessions, my nerves will actually shatter (since i am also a compulsive collector/completionist).

Maybe if i have more free time near summer, i will be tempted to start that Joja run i have been craving.

VampireCake

Farmer
(since i am also a compulsive collector/completionist).
Same. I'm hoping I can get most new items & stuff on my current save because it's 3000 hours of dungeon crawling and treasure hunting. I might start a side save if there are new events I'd like to see that require it, but come back to my main afterwards. Anyone else find it difficult to actively play more than one save at a time?

Fwufikins

Greenhorn
I am going to scout the release notes like a little groundhog as all my current saves are relying on a bunch of minor bugs that if removed will make my life horrible. I’ve turned off auto updates and I'm going to hunker down with my fingers crossed 🤞
Lucky for me I'm currently playing on Switch then. I can start a fresh 1.6 save on PC, and my 1.5 console save should be stable a while longer.

oh no...please don't remove clipping! my farm will be unaccessable!

Fluffy Vixen

Greenhorn
So I'm hearing that one of the main focuses of update 1.6 will be the mod compatibility. Is there any hope for modable switch version? (Though mod.io or otherwise). If not could we get Anthro characters as a base game optional feature? Pretty please! I bough a switch version loooong time ago without knowing that it can't be modded. I haven't played it because I can't phantom playing stardew valley without furry characters. This game became a tiny representation of furry community for me.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Lucky for me I'm currently playing on Switch then. I can start a fresh 1.6 save on PC, and my 1.5 console save should be stable a while longer.
Yeah I'm not too worried about it as I can play on older versions indefinitely, I have a bunch saved in places they can't update, it's just a shame if I have to keep playing 1.5.6 when I want to be playing 1.6 on my main saves

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
So I'm hearing that one of the main focuses of update 1.6 will be the mod compatibility. Is there any hope for modable switch version? (Though mod.io or otherwise). If not could we get Anthro characters as a base game optional feature? Pretty please! I bough a switch version loooong time ago without knowing that it can't be modded. I haven't played it because I can't phantom playing stardew valley without furry characters. This game became a tiny representation of furry community for me.
It's pretty much a guaranteed no, not because of the people playing the game or developers but because of nintendos stranglehold on their products. People have "jailbroken" switches to get visual mods on them but it's illegal and I do not know how to do it myself.

Fluffy Vixen

Greenhorn
It's pretty much a guaranteed no, not because of the people playing the game or developers but because of nintendos stranglehold on their products. People have "jailbroken" switches to get visual mods on them but it's illegal and I do not know how to do it myself.
I tried to do so myself but found out that my console is from a "patched" batch so basically "unhackable". So looks like I'm sticking to the steam version of Stardew for now.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yeah I'm not too worried about it as I can play on older versions indefinitely, I have a bunch saved in places they can't update, it's just a shame if I have to keep playing 1.5.6 when I want to be playing 1.6 on my main saves
This is the way. GOG games have offline installers which also means you can save those installers as a time capsule of the previous version of your games. I have a lot of nooks and crannies where old installers were left and dug through to find my v1.3 and v1.4 installers and I'll add v1.5 to that list now.