1.5 Update Reactions Thread

imnvs

Local Legend
So, on the quest from Mr Qi... do the new legendary fish require the same season as the original? Does anybody know? With 3 days to catch all 5, it seems a bit unreasonable for them to match as that can't cover all 4 seasons. It's either that, or it requires probably spending as many Qi Gems as you'll make for completing the quest (20 Qi Gems) just on magic bait... if not more.

Edit to add: Nevermind. I just caught one out of season before the game crashed. 😐😐😐

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I can't catch a stingray to save my life. Any ideas?
Are you fishing in the right place? One of the journal page tells you that they can be found in the pirate cove.

@imnvs
yeah, they can all be caught regardless of season, you just need to be in the right place. They had a pretty good bite rate for me, but they don't have the crowns like the originals.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
Are you fishing in the right place? One of the journal page tells you that they can be found in the pirate cove.

Yes, but other things that are supposed to show up there also do not. I did unlock the prerequisites so I'm not sure what else I need to do. Is my aim off? I can't get to the pirate cave either

Ereo

Helper
If you can't get to the pirates cave, you can't catch stingray. They're in a pond inside the cave.

To get to the cave you have to build the resort. After the resort is build, you can walk to the right of the dock. The cave entrance is from the beach, not the one you see from the waterside.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, but other things that are supposed to show up there also do not. I did unlock the prerequisites so I'm not sure what else I need to do. Is my aim off? I can't get to the pirate cave either
The Pirate's Cove cave is one of those not obvious places on Ginger Island. The path leads up to what looks like cliff wall. Just keep walking east and you'll get into the cave. On non-rainy days after 8pm you'll find pirates. If you look enough like a pirate you can get something to drink with them too.

Oh, and fyi? You need to write your reply after the /quote tag so that it doesn't look like the person you're replying to said what you're saying. It also makes it so that when people reply to you, the board thinks you said nothing and we have to copy/paste to show what we're replying to. :wink: 😘

Last edited:

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
The Pirate's Cove cave is one of those not obvious places on Ginger Island. The path leads up to what looks like cliff wall. Just keep walking east and you'll get into the cave. On non-rainy days after 8pm you'll find pirates. If you look enough like a pirate you can get something to drink with them too.

Oh, and fyi? You need to write your reply after the /quote tag so that it doesn't look like the person you're replying to said what you're saying. It also makes it so that when people reply to you, the board thinks you said nothing and we have to copy/paste to show what we're replying to. :wink: 😘
I was replying on my phone, which.. yeah isn't great. Thanks for the tips! :)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Some quests make zero sense. Robin wants 80 Hardwood... cool, ok. Why do I have to GATHER it!? Some of the quests really could've used more thought and common sense. It is absolutely insensible to make them this way. And ofc, the quest description says nothing about it. Just "robin needs 80 hardwood", well cool. So either work on the wording or think about how and why you wanna make quests absolutely, infuriatingly stupid.
I felt it was done this way so you couldn't just hoard a bunch of hardwood and then turn it in, effectively removing the challenge from the quest. You can still turn in 80 hardwood if you have it (which can help if you end up forgetting to do that on the last day or you're locked out of the house) but you still have to cut some trees down the ol' fashioned way. I like it personally, I don't want to brute force quests so giving me something different to do lengthens the gameplay for me

Chaya7

Planter
I just played through two "years." As usual, I went with the Standard Farm and finishing the Community Center. Eric has really improved the game-play in just these "old" realms, and I've definitely enjoyed my two years of getting Grandpa's approval! It was more fun than ever. Now it's time to relax and figure out what in the living tarnation this tropical island is all about! I'm thrilled to be able to continue on into this gorgeous new realm.

When I finally get tired of that, I guess I'll begin the game again. This time, with the Beach Farm. I do love being by the ocean. I even grew up on an island - so that sounds like paradise to me.

icKyou1025

Sodbuster
So for me, the best thing about 1.5 is the Garden Bundle. Out of all the rooms in the Community Center, the Pantry Room is the one that always stresses me out because of how badly I want to unlock the Greenhouse in every playthrough. The Animal Bundle is always the last one for me to complete. The Garden Bundle is completable mid summer with minimum stress. That said, the Fish Farmer Bundle would make me restart when I get it. While its' very doable, it seems like the time frame for 15 Roe would drive me nuts.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think some of the new bundles could still get some adjustments and there is still room for more. While the 15 roes are easy to get, just build two ponds, put some of the easiest fish in there, wait time and from time to time do a quest for them, it feels like wasted money/time because later on you just replace them with better fish. I also don't like one of the new bundles for the boiler room that requires iridium ore and a battery. If you don't min-max or play a little bit more stressful, which I believe, most of us don't, then you will unlock the room a lot of later then in current playthroughts. Getting an early battery is only possible through skull cavern iridium bats drop, because the other options require more time: Befriending Pam (+ require luck to get a pack from here) or waiting for the first thunderstorm in summer. While I always have foraging six when summer starts, it seems many of the other players don't. Also getting an early iridium ore also requires luck (fishing, early meteor + gold pickaxe). Normally you could unlock the room mid spring.

Some of my ideas for even more bundles:

• More variety for spring/summer/fall crops bundle: Random four crops of all available Y1 specific season
    • Spring has three more crops Y1 easily available: Rice (Drop), Strawberry (Festival), Kale (I left Rhubarb, b/c nearly impossible to aquire + plant/harvest first spring)
    • Summer: Hops, Radish, Starfruit
    • Fall: Amaranth, Beet, Bok Choy, Cranberries, Eggplant
  • More variety for the Animal and/or Artisan Bundle: Include (in either of them Void Egg, Void Mayo, Normal Mayo, Duck Mayo
  • Monoculture bundle replacing Quality Crop Bundle: Either two fields with 25 same crop each or one field with 50 or 100 of one crop (easily available with specific crops like Hops, Blueberry, etc.)
  • Geodes Bundle (replacing Geologist' Bundle): Each of Geode, Frozen, Geode, Magma Geode, Omni Geode
  • Algae Bundle (replacing any fish Bundle): Five of White Algae, Green Algae, Seaweed
  • Junk Bundle (or call it "Cleaning Bundle") (replacing any fish bundle): Four fields, each containing one piece of the six available junk items: Trash, Driftwood, Soggy Newspaper, Joja Cola, Broken CD, Broken Glasses
  • Survivors Bundle (or call it Abigailes Adventurer Bundle) (either replace a foraging or Bulletin Board Bundle): One of each: Field Snack, Bug Steak, Life Elixier

You may think some of the items are already required in other bundles but think of an "all-random" stuff when there are more bundles, they may be replaced by other bundles too so they don't necessarily overlap each other.

Akemisora

Planter
Another critique, this time about Mr. Qi's quest. I got legendary fishing, that prismatic robbery and selling food quest, all of them twice! I need to go to "harder mines" to complete true perfection. This is gonna delay me quite a bit.

Last edited:

icKyou1025

Sodbuster
Now that the cookout kits selling price has been fixed, it'd be nice to get the crafting recipe earlier. Like Foraging Level 2 or 3 and make them one time use

I'm still going through my first game with 1.5 but it's the little things that surprise me. Bug steak! Like yes please more recipes or crafting for previously under-utilized items in the game. Also I am so excited playing with Beach Farm.

lmizutani

Tiller
I've also started the 1.5 update with Beach Farm and randomized Community Center bundles...it looks like it will take me a while to even get the craft room finished...

imnvs

Local Legend
I have both the Steam and the iPad version. How long does it take for the mobile version to be updated to v1.5?
Don't take this as gospel, but I believe we've been told we can hope for it by end of month, like CA's trying to get it done by then.