1.5 Update Reactions Thread

Johndeere756

Farmhand
I started a new game over the weekend and I really like the Beach farm. I just upgraded to the steel axe and love all the open space. After clearing the garden spot that you can use sprinklers with, its plenty big enough for me. It just looks and feels good having a farm in the beach. It was very nice to offer the 1.5 update for free, I really appreciate it. Now to convince Emily to fall for a farm boy, lol.

imnvs

Farmer
After clearing the garden spot that you can use sprinklers with, its plenty big enough for me.
I agree. There are 202 tillable tiles, and if you're using sprinklers, you're reducing that by a bit, but not too much. You can grow a decent amount of stuff there unless you're playing hardcore, speed-run style of some sort. It's proved sufficient for my ingredient-growing needs as I unlock other things.

Stuff hinting at but not really spoiling late-game content: The trick on the beach farm is fitting in certain late-game buildings that make harvesting easier. (It took me 3 just so that I only blocked 3 tillable spaces. That's more than I have on any other save!)

Also, late game you get other options for places to plant things with sprinklers.

susb8383

Farmhand
This upgrade was incredible! It added sooo much plot to the end game. I purposely tried not to read about anything ahead of time (although I accidentally saw that a coop could now hold an ostrich.) When I finally saw the end credits it was a little sad because I knew there was nothing new left to find. But I still have Jujube Cart (as my husband and I call it) left to get to 50K on. Even for the stuff that wasn't new, he made the game much more enjoyable, like making it easier to find a Dwarf Scroll 3 and having the ducks swim.

I swear if I ever bump into Eric Barone, I'm going to hand him a 20. I've never known anyone I've wanted to give money to more.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Incase I didn’t already say this anywhere else my absolute favorite improvement CA made to the game with the 1.5 update was the battery generating solar panels.

As I don’t know about the rest of you but I prefer lighting up the Stardew game world so thoroughly that even when it’s dark or raining out it practically still looks like daytime.

Also if you love crafting iridium sprinklers and crystalariums as I do you can never get enough batteries as I’m sure the rest of you fellow hardcore Stardew players well know.

The lightning rods help at getting batteries but only go so far.

Salty1

Farmhand
Incase I didn’t already say this anywhere else my absolute favorite improvement CA made to the game with the 1.5 update was the battery generating solar panels.

As I don’t know about the rest of you but I prefer lighting up the Stardew game world so thoroughly that even when it’s dark or raining out it practically still looks like daytime.

Also if you love crafting iridium sprinklers and crystalariums as I do you can never get enough batteries as I’m sure the rest of you fellow hardcore Stardew players well know.

The lightning rods help at getting batteries but only go so far.
I really like the solar panels for putting a proper farm vibe in the Calico Desert. I always feel a little weird cramming extra crystalariums in there or other machines to push my efficiency further, or to expand growth for maple/oak/pine trees, but creating a solar farm in the desert feels just right.