1.5 Update Reactions Thread

Johndeere756

Planter
I started a new game over the weekend and I really like the Beach farm. I just upgraded to the steel axe and love all the open space. After clearing the garden spot that you can use sprinklers with, its plenty big enough for me. It just looks and feels good having a farm in the beach. It was very nice to offer the 1.5 update for free, I really appreciate it. Now to convince Emily to fall for a farm boy, lol.

imnvs

Local Legend
After clearing the garden spot that you can use sprinklers with, its plenty big enough for me.
I agree. There are 202 tillable tiles, and if you're using sprinklers, you're reducing that by a bit, but not too much. You can grow a decent amount of stuff there unless you're playing hardcore, speed-run style of some sort. It's proved sufficient for my ingredient-growing needs as I unlock other things.

Stuff hinting at but not really spoiling late-game content: The trick on the beach farm is fitting in certain late-game buildings that make harvesting easier. (It took me 3 just so that I only blocked 3 tillable spaces. That's more than I have on any other save!)

Also, late game you get other options for places to plant things with sprinklers.

susb8383

Planter
This upgrade was incredible! It added sooo much plot to the end game. I purposely tried not to read about anything ahead of time (although I accidentally saw that a coop could now hold an ostrich.) When I finally saw the end credits it was a little sad because I knew there was nothing new left to find. But I still have Jujube Cart (as my husband and I call it) left to get to 50K on. Even for the stuff that wasn't new, he made the game much more enjoyable, like making it easier to find a Dwarf Scroll 3 and having the ducks swim.

I swear if I ever bump into Eric Barone, I'm going to hand him a 20. I've never known anyone I've wanted to give money to more.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Incase I didn’t already say this anywhere else my absolute favorite improvement CA made to the game with the 1.5 update was the battery generating solar panels.

As I don’t know about the rest of you but I prefer lighting up the Stardew game world so thoroughly that even when it’s dark or raining out it practically still looks like daytime.

Also if you love crafting iridium sprinklers and crystalariums as I do you can never get enough batteries as I’m sure the rest of you fellow hardcore Stardew players well know.

The lightning rods help at getting batteries but only go so far.

Salty1

Planter
Incase I didn’t already say this anywhere else my absolute favorite improvement CA made to the game with the 1.5 update was the battery generating solar panels.

As I don’t know about the rest of you but I prefer lighting up the Stardew game world so thoroughly that even when it’s dark or raining out it practically still looks like daytime.

Also if you love crafting iridium sprinklers and crystalariums as I do you can never get enough batteries as I’m sure the rest of you fellow hardcore Stardew players well know.

The lightning rods help at getting batteries but only go so far.
I really like the solar panels for putting a proper farm vibe in the Calico Desert. I always feel a little weird cramming extra crystalariums in there or other machines to push my efficiency further, or to expand growth for maple/oak/pine trees, but creating a solar farm in the desert feels just right.

GenesisZ

Newcomer
The update is finally out! You can check the changelog here: https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-5-update-out-now-on-pc/

What are your first impressions? Things you're excited about? Anything unexpected?
hi so I'm new here and I and my friend are playing co-op together and were at our 2nd-year winter today and the game just randomly shut down, then we opened it again thinking it's
just a bug or an error then to our surprise our farm disappeared out of thin air, our hard word gone its not on both co-op and single-player it's just gone???? can anyone help pls???

Epoch

Greenhorn
I played about 70 hours at launch, and never played again. I came back recently to see how much everything changed...and I put in another 70 hours. GInger Island is just amazing, and the quality of life improvements are massive! I'm in love, the game was great at launch, but it's now climbing up steadily to become one of my favorite over this playthrough :D

imnvs

Local Legend
I played about 70 hours at launch, and never played again. I came back recently to see how much everything changed...and I put in another 70 hours. GInger Island is just amazing, and the quality of life improvements are massive! I'm in love, the game was great at launch, but it's now climbing up steadily to become one of my favorite over this playthrough :D
70 hours? 140 hours total now? You've hardly begun to play! 😅😂😘

Phate4569

Planter
I just spam rain totems and lucky lunches when a thunderstorm occurs.

The 2 things I *LOVE* about this update is Fiber Seeds and Mahogany Seeds. Those have always been the most annoying things for me to stockpile, as you need to actively pursue them to get large amounts.

Bone Mill is something else I love. Not that I desperately need fertilizer, but I love doing something with all those extra bones. I just wish there was something similar for all the extra minerals.

The final thing, and the BEST thing about 1.5 (so far in my playthrough) is the House Renovations, particularly removing the room partition. Less spots for the Dog/Wife/Kids to trap me.

Epoch

Greenhorn
So I opened up the beach resort, and that was cool. The next day, my wife is on the beach, telling me that Willy said to stay on the beach as it's too dangerous. My house is like 200m past them. It would be cool if my wife could go into our summer house as well :p

Elenna101

Farmer
Despite playing several hundred hours since 1.5 came out I only just now noticed that your kids go to festivals now. Cool! :D Or is it just the fair? I married (roommated?) Krobus on my 1.5 file so I didn't have any kids until I went back to my main file.

Salty1

Planter
Despite playing several hundred hours since 1.5 came out I only just now noticed that your kids go to festivals now. Cool! :D Or is it just the fair? I married (roommated?) Krobus on my 1.5 file so I didn't have any kids until I went back to my main file.
IIRC you get villager dialogue changes too - they are not related to the kids, but appear to be triggered by the kids being present/existing in the festival? Or it might have only been the egg festival, I don't know. It's strange because I saw this on an older farm where I had kids (year 3+), but I have not seen new villager dialogue for repeat festival visits on my current farm (which is child-free and year 2).

imnvs

Local Legend
IIRC you get villager dialogue changes too - they are not related to the kids, but appear to be triggered by the kids being present/existing in the festival? Or it might have only been the egg festival, I don't know. It's strange because I saw this on an older farm where I had kids (year 3+), but I have not seen new villager dialogue for repeat festival visits on my current farm (which is child-free and year 2).
The Flower Dance dialogues were updated in 1.5 so that there is odd year and even year dialogues. That's it.

Ereo

Helper
The Flower Dance dialogues were updated in 1.5 so that there is odd year and even year dialogues. That's it.
I think it's egg festival, not flower dance. But it was only one festival, the rest remain the same.

Salty1

Planter
Aaah, that makes more sense then. A little sad it is only the egg festival, but hopefully that is indicative of possible dialogue expansions for the rest later down the line.

I still kind of want to try Demetrius' fish roe pie...

Kolrepxi

Newcomer
I'm loving the new farm type! How do we get to the new locations, though? Maybe I'm just missing something.