Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Pebbles1203

Greenhorn
Device: Ipad Pro 11 inch 3rd generation

When you uses the sewing machine at Emily’s house, the game crashes

Dismounting the horse is harder and takes a couple of tries

When an effect is present, pressing on the icon doesnt bring up the box telling you what effect it is or how long it will last for

Also the text is a lot smaller than it used to be so potentially adding a feature that allows you to increase the size of this would be very helpful!

thank you! ❤😊

Piplup

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad Pro 11 inch (first generation)
Details of your issue: 1) When collecting my items from the auto gatherer, if there are 5 or more unique items to collect, one of them completely disappears and is unable to be collected. 2) The same menu/gui scaling issue that has been reported before, and the text boxes come up very slowly compared to before
Screenshots/video:
60A1165E-22B2-4985-A916-539B8870E399.png
0AB87475-A7F3-4BDF-96B6-1D1F9D10B75E.png
0EB6E67C-7967-4661-98E9-F90BB325F317.png
41DFC36B-72E3-4FA6-9EC6-FC682A769A57.png

MushroomGin

Newcomer
Just a heads up - when playing the game and having a streaming service minimized in the corner (like Netflix) as soon as you hit play on the steaming service the game pauses and won’t respond until the video is paused. This is on iPhone 11.
Can’t sent a screenshot because Netflix mini player doesn’t show up on screenshots.

Sphinxl

Newcomer
Huawei P20 Lite (Android 9)

Issues: really big date box, even at minimum size 25; vertical toolbox too difficult to scroll; and weird stripes in water tiles and tiles around them.

Also very minor thing: there is some black pixels in the upper-left corner of the golden scythe icon.
Screenshot_20230107_220829.jpg

weedeater

Cowpoke
Google Pixel C Tablet
Type of phone: LGv20 Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11)
Details of your issue: The Date Box is HUGE. The other elements scale correctly, it's just the Date Box that doesn't scale very much. Screen resolution: 2720x1440
Screenshots/video:

Here's what it looks like at size 25:

View attachment 12369

And here's what it looks like at size 200:

View attachment 12370

I could replicate this exact issue on a bunch more of devices - it seems to have something to do with higher Display Resolution. And I found out the scaling in the settings actually works fine until a certain point. On a Galaxy Note 9 (European Exynos Version, Android 10, 1440x2960 px) for example, as long your "Date Size Box" is above 51 it scales normally, but if you go lower it seems to break and default into "freaking huge datebox mode. Pretty sure something with that calculation is up.

I could also replicate this on these device :
- ZTE Axon 7, Android 8, 1440x2560 p
- Motorola Moto Z (European Model), Android 8, 1440x2560 p
- Asus Zenfone AR, Android 7, 1440x2560 p
- LG G4, Android 6, 1440x2560p
- LG G6, Android 9, 1440x2880p
- LG V30, Android 9, 1440x2880p
- LG G7 Fit, Android 9, 1440x3120p
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 7, 1440x2560p
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (European Exynos Verison), Android 10, 1440x2960 p,
- Google Pixel 2 XL, Android 11, 1440x2880 p
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android 9, 3840x2160 p (No idea however at what resolution the phone decideces to run the game at)

Now with Tablets its the same issue to a lesser extend. There the scaling also fails at some point, but the "fallback" size is much more reasonable. I could observe this on :
- Google Pixel C, Android 8.1, 2560x1800p
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Android 9, 1536x2048p
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7" Wifi Exynos Version), 1536x2048p

Also does anyone know where the new 1.5 Version keeps its savegames? I mean its nice that the game doesn't need the file access permission anymore but I used to have a setup with the old version where savegames would be synced between my phones, tablets and pc through syncthing (another App) which worked really well. Just curious if something like this could be achieved in the new version.

Also I hope this list helps, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fix, probably some math error.

SkyllarSH

Cowpoke
I don't know if it's a bug, but I can't find the screenshots taken by the screenshot button in the Stardew menu.
Screenshot_20230107_164627[1].jpg
Screenshot_20230107_164619[1].jpg

Dav99mat

Greenhorn
Type of Phone: Samsung Galaxy A21s

Details of issues:
1. black lines in interiors, like: houses, greenhouse, also in some itens inside the inventory, chest and in the crafting screen, and specially in waters.

2. I'm having troubles to sit on my horse, the bottom doesn't respond really well

Attachments

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
I have no idea what happened, but I was clicking the starting screen to see if there was anything new, and this like brown chunk thing appeared?
try tapping in the hole of the "R". that little guy slots in there and activates another title screen easter egg

npcs are walking through walls and going places they shouldn't go
was the NPC stuff all happening on a "do you want to continue from where you last left off?" load? or was it a load that you did through the load game menu? Was it on the first day you played? Has it continued happening after you went to bed for a night and played another day? (same question for anyone else who has been experiencing this issue)

New issue to add to my report: petting children causes game to crash and exit to Home Screen. Screen recording available, but cannot attach.
This will be fixed in the next patch. Currently, if you have nothing selected in the toolbar and "check" children twice, it will crash. You can check children once each day just fine. Or just select something from the toolbar after you wake up, before talking to the children.

Thanks for all the bug reports so far everyone, I really appreciate it. The porting team and I are working on these issues as we speak and we will try to get patches out as quickly as we can to address them.

Jacqueline544

Greenhorn
Google pixel 3A

Played fine immediately after update. Did about 3 in-game days and then noticed the issues with the auto grabbers that others did (deleting items and difficult to select autograbber).

Came back a few hours later and now my game crashes after about 10 seconds in game.

Catrose

Newcomer
IOS iPad

Gus' Famous Omelet quest - Gus' fridge only accepts dinosaur eggs, not chicken or duck.

Junimo huts - Junimos collected in my cranberries but berries disappeared - no bag to show anything in hut nor anything on hut inventory.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Also does anyone know where the new 1.5 Version keeps its savegames? I mean its nice that the game doesn't need the file access permission anymore but I used to have a setup with the old version where savegames would be synced between my phones, tablets and pc through syncthing (another App) which worked really well. Just curious if something like this could be achieved in the new version.

Also I hope this list helps, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fix, probably some math error.
Thanks so much for all these details and for testing on so many devices!! (I'm impressed... Are you a QA tester?)
the saves and screenshots are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves (just a note: chucklefish is no longer involved with stardew valley but we had to keep the package name)

Ckbruney

Newcomer
Listen, I LOVE this game. It's so addicting.

We've been waiting so long for this 1.5 update but it needs so much work. I have an iPhone 13 Pro.

1. The vertical toolbar can't scroll and the horizontal toolbar is difficult to scroll.
  2. Can no longer use two fingers to get a look around. In other words I have to walk into an area to view it.
  3. I need to click multiple times to dismount my horse.
  4. I can no longer pick up items while on my horse.
  5. The screen no longer accounts for the notch in the iPhone.
  6. The toolbox and backpack inventory screens now have very weird dimensions. Everything is so small.
  7. The autograbbers I had in my barns and coops now only have 6 spaces and every time you add them to your backpack and item disappears.
  8. The screen stops allowing you to click randomly, so I would have to close out the app.
  9. When you have to close out the app, the horse goes back to the stable when you open the app back up.

Attachments

Schonzinator

Greenhorn
Hi all,
Love this game and hope my report can help make the update even better :)

1. AutoGrabber makes certain items disappear as I add to my inventory. For example, say there is a stack of 2 duck eggs and a stack of 2 duck feathers. Once I move the duck eggs to my inventory, the remaining stack of duck feathers will simply disappear from the AutoGrabber. Exiting and attempting to interact with the AutoGrabber again will make it react as if it is empty.

2. I am unable to scroll through my inventory bar on the left side of the screen. I used to be able to scroll through it before 1.5, but now I have to manually move items I would like to use to the spots I can access without scrolling.

3. I have noticed just a few times that (in the Fall), leaves being blown by the wind can glitch and appear to move in a half-square shape. Will try to get a picture.

4. I have also now noticed that, having played a few more days, the AutoGrabber has quite a problematic glitch. I have several cows and chickens that produce daily products, but each day I play the AutoGrabber has fewer and fewer products as if the animals were not producing anything. There are plenty of animals and they are all fed and happy. So, each day I have fewer animal products in them as if the AutoGrabber is not collecting them or my animals are not making it.
Now that I’ve played for a few days in a row, I simply do not produce anything at all from barns or coops (every morning my AutoGrabber is empty). Have not tested whether or not animals produce if I remove the AutoGrabber.

Thank you to all the Stardew team!

Up. Aleatorio

Newcomer
Type of Phone: Samsung Galaxi A03
Issues:
1. In some areas of the map and in some items we can see these glitches in the texture
2. When we zoom in on the screen, the other actions we are carrying out are interrupted and we are no longer able to observe the map when pinching the screen (We can just zoom in or out).
3. The toolbar is too small.
4. I have a cat but the game shows a dog (not very important, but, it's a issue)

Attachments

weedeater

Cowpoke
Thanks so much for all these details and for testing on so many devices!! (I'm impressed... Are you a QA tester?)
the saves and screenshots are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves (just a note: chucklefish is no longer involved with stardew valley but we had to keep the package name)
thanks for your reply. Yeah, I a got into Android development myself and so I got a bunch of old second hand devices to test (About 10 at first). But totally fell in love with these phones and the Android Platform in general. I love the way all these devices run wildy different Software (and hardware - there are Intel x86 phones out there) but still work of the same API and Platform.

It since became a hobby and I have about 110ish phones and tablets now.

This was the state of it all in Summer this year. #shamelessplug

Good thing is these devices drop hard in value, most of them despite once costing 500€ and above I got for around 40€