Switch [BUG] Multiplayer game freezing every 1/2 minute(s)

Celluloid

Tiller
Hi!

I'm playing the game (Nintendo switch) with a couple of friends since a few days, however, I'm the only one who's game is freezing for 2-7 seconds every 1 or 2 minutes. There doesn't seem to be a particularly thing happening when the freezes occur, it's just random. I'm on version 1.4.4/1.5.4. Tried multiple farms, to see if the problem persisted. All farms were new.

Things I've tried to fix it:
- Hosting the game instead of joining (but even if I'm alone in the server it happens).
- Reinstalling the game and deleting all save files + rebooting the switch.
- Checked different wifi connections (connection with NAT type A) & activated DMZ setting.
- I've also ordered a USB to LAN adapter, this didn't fix it as well.
- Tried turning off different in-game settings, like controller vibration.
- Tried different Switch controllers and updated them.

Side notes:
- Single player & Solo (couldn't test with more people) in a local communication session are fine.
- Switch is on the latest version.
- My friends didn't have any issues on the 1.4.4 version. But since the 1.5.4 update is out, they now have the exact same problem.
- The game continues in the background (Mobs do damage for example).
- The freezes seem completely random and don't occur in certain conditions (like weather, times, actions, seasons).
- The background music continues, but if a sound is happening at the moment the game freezes (fish bite sound for example), then this hangs as well.

The posts below go deeper into checking network related stuff, like type of connection, interference, ping tests.

Thanks for your time!

Video 1 of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWIGNuL5fk&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=Celluloidzero
Video 2 of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7L6dhOgI78&ab_channel=Celluloidzero

EDIT: Updated with all of the things I tried to fix this problem. Removed Reddit link and added video's of the problem.
EDIT 2: Updated with more information.

Last edited:

Zdedededex26

Newcomer
Bonjour.

J'ai exactement les mêmes problèmes que vous en coopération en ligne sur Switch.

Ce problème ne vient pas de la console car je n'ai pas de problème avec mes autres jeux. Le mode solo fonctionne également parfaitement. J'ai acheté le jeu sur mobile et Switch pour pouvoir jouer en coopération avec mon beau frère et quand je vois le nombre astronomique de gel en jeu, je suis vraiment refroidi.

Surtout que certain dure plusieurs secondes. C'est pour moi presque injouable tellement il y en a. Cela gâche l'expérience en jeu. C'est insupportable. J'espère qu'une correction va être répartie dans une future mise à jour car ce n'est pas normal de jouer dans de telles conditions. Le jeu n'est pas non plus une bête aux niveaux graphiques.

Très déçu pour le moment car je n'ai pas envie de relancer le jeu pour jouer dans ces conditions. Cordialement.

Zdedededex26

Newcomer
Hey @Zdedededex26, since we are only able to moderate English here I'll have to ask that you stick to English going forward!
Hello.

I have exactly the same problems as you in online cooperation on Switch.

This problem does not come from the console because I have no problem with my other games. Solo mode also works perfectly. I bought the game on mobile and Switch to be able to play in cooperation with my brother-in-law and when I see the astronomical number of frosts in play, I am really cold.

Especially since some lasts several seconds. It's almost unplayable for me, there are so many. It ruins the game experience. It's unbearable. I hope that a correction will be distributed in a future update because it is not normal to play in such conditions. The game is not a graphic beast either.

Very disappointed at the moment because I don't want to relaunch the game to play under these conditions. Cordially.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Hi!

I'm playing the game (Nintendo switch) with a couple of friends since a few days, however, I'm the only one who's game is freezing for 2-5 seconds every 1 or 2 minutes. There doesn't seem to be a particularly thing happening when the freezes occur, it's just random. I'm on version 1.4.4. Tried multiple farms, to see if the problem persisted. All farms were new.

Things I've tried to fix it:
- Hosting the game instead of joining (but even if I'm alone in the server it happens)
- Reinstalling the game and deleting all save files + rebooting the switch
- Checked different wifi connections (connection with NAT type A) & activated DMZ setting
- I've also ordered a USB to LAN adapter, will update when this arrives

Side notes:
- Single player is fine
- Switch is on the latest version
-->Also found a Reddit post that looks like the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/ex3p51
Thanks for your time!
Well, no one else said anything, yet, so i'll try taking a stab at it.

1. Are your switches docked/plugged in? Power can cause a problem, potentially.

2. Please disable that DMZ: if you're in the same house that DMZ is potentially a backdoor. DMZ means "forward all ports to this device" which is not remotely recommended. Whatever device that is set to will now basically have absolutely no firewall protection from your router. You want to selectively open ports. I usually reserve DMZ settings for if i have to put my server in someone else's house for some reason, then i take the router and all and make my router the DMZ target of the other person's router. This allows me to continue to have the protection of my firewall, while forwarding any non-explicitly forwarded ports to my router which has explicit port openings for HTTP, SMTP, SSHD, etc. If you want, we can talk about port forwarding, but if your games connect at all, then this isn't your issue.

3. Have you done some ICMP Echo tests with a laptop or something? This definitely sounds like a connection issue if it's fixing itself. Unfortunately, wifi issues can vary from house to house, especially in a saturated area. I've seen people in apartment complexes with some nasty levels of saturation, because you can only get so many "channels" through government regulations, but those numbers are fairly easy to exceed even in a rural environment. Bluetooth has similar issues, and something like a microwave oven can ruin your day. About the same time every day, my PS4 controller quits on me, and that's the same protocol as the joycons (though your problem isn't the joycons obviously).

Zdedededex26

Newcomer

2. Please disable that DMZ: if you're in the same house that DMZ is potentially a backdoor. DMZ means "forward all ports to this device" which is not remotely recommended. Whatever device that is set to will now basically have absolutely no firewall protection from your router. You want to selectively open ports. I usually reserve DMZ settings for if i have to put my server in someone else's house for some reason, then i take the router and all and make my router the DMZ target of the other person's router. This allows me to continue to have the protection of my firewall, while forwarding any non-explicitly forwarded ports to my router which has explicit port openings for HTTP, SMTP, SSHD, etc. If you want, we can talk about port forwarding, but if your games connect at all, then this isn't your issue.

3. Avez-vous fait des tests ICMP Echo avec un ordinateur portable ou quelque chose? Cela ressemble définitivement à un problème de connexion s'il se corrige. Malheureusement, les problèmes de wifi peuvent varier d'une maison à l'autre, en particulier dans une zone saturée. J'ai vu des gens dans des complexes d'appartements avec des niveaux de saturation désagréables, car vous ne pouvez obtenir que de nombreux "canaux" par le biais des réglementations gouvernementales, mais ces chiffres sont assez faciles à dépasser même dans un environnement rural. Bluetooth a des problèmes similaires, et quelque chose comme un four à micro-ondes peut gâcher votre journée. À peu près à la même heure chaque jour, ma manette PS4 s'arrête sur moi, et c'est le même protocole que les joycons (bien que votre problème ne soit évidemment pas les joycons).
[/CITATION]

3. Have you done some ICMP Echo tests with a laptop or something? This definitely sounds like a connection issue if it's fixing itself. Unfortunately, wifi issues can vary from house to house, especially in a saturated area. I've seen people in apartment complexes with some nasty levels of saturation, because you can only get so many "channels" through government regulations, but those numbers are fairly easy to exceed even in a rural environment. Bluetooth has similar issues, and something like a microwave oven can ruin your day. About the same time every day, my PS4 controller quits on me, and that's the same protocol as the joycons (though your problem isn't the joycons obviously).
I play live on xbox and switch to many other games and I have no connection problems.

the only problem I have with the optimization is in this game.

I have a very good connection.

Besides, the person who plays online with me meets the same concerns and only in Stardew Valley. It comes from an optimization problem and not from our connection.

kohlrak

Farmhand
I play live on xbox and switch to many other games and I have no connection problems.

the only problem I have with the optimization is in this game.

I have a very good connection.

Besides, the person who plays online with me meets the same concerns and only in Stardew Valley. It comes from an optimization problem and not from our connection.
If it's an optimization issue then it should be easy to reproduce. I play stardew valley on a potato (1.3 GHz processor), and i have not noticed any optimization issues. If it is an optimization issue, it's very likely to become predictable well before it happens. I'd still lay money on your connection. Have you considered running an ICMP Echo test while playing the game? If you see a 20 second dropout, but not in the ICMP echo if both of you are using it, then shut off your games and try to repeat the day exactly. If it's an optimization issue, it'll happen at precisely the same point, because you'll be using just as much RAM and CPU.

Some games are much better at hiding connection issues than stardew valley is. I haven't played th multiplayer for long, so i can't attest for sure, but it does seem like it's the type of game that cannot handle connection issues well.

Zdedededex26

Newcomer
If it's an optimization issue then it should be easy to reproduce. I play stardew valley on a potato (1.3 GHz processor), and i have not noticed any optimization issues. If it is an optimization issue, it's very likely to become predictable well before it happens. I'd still lay money on your connection. Have you considered running an ICMP Echo test while playing the game? If you see a 20 second dropout, but not in the ICMP echo if both of you are using it, then shut off your games and try to repeat the day exactly. If it's an optimization issue, it'll happen at precisely the same point, because you'll be using just as much RAM and CPU.

Some games are much better at hiding connection issues than stardew valley is. I haven't played th multiplayer for long, so i can't attest for sure, but it does seem like it's the type of game that cannot handle connection issues well.
it becomes a little complicated for me in technical terms. I don't even know what an ICPM test is.

On my side what I can see is that I have a connection that varies between 60 and 100 mega. Same for the person who plays with me, he has no problem either with his connection which is rather concrete. On ps4 he does not encounter any problem during his live sessions on other games.

Frankly I play and I played a lot of live game on xbox and even switch, Stardew valley is the only one that gives me such invasive screen gels on my switch. I have none on any other.

So I hear what you are saying to me but I am still quite puzzled. If you could tell me a little how to verify this, I would be delighted, I have no basis at the computer level and I do not have a pc. I do everything on my mobile phone.

kohlrak

Farmhand
it becomes a little complicated for me in technical terms. I don't even know what an ICPM test is.

On my side what I can see is that I have a connection that varies between 60 and 100 mega. Same for the person who plays with me, he has no problem either with his connection which is rather concrete. On ps4 he does not encounter any problem during his live sessions on other games.

Frankly I play and I played a lot of live game on xbox and even switch, Stardew valley is the only one that gives me such invasive screen gels on my switch. I have none on any other.

So I hear what you are saying to me but I am still quite puzzled. If you could tell me a little how to verify this, I would be delighted, I have no basis at the computer level and I do not have a pc. I do everything on my mobile phone.
Basically, your connection speed is based on how many little 1s and 0s (a single bit is either a 1 or a 0, a nibble is 4 bits, and a byte is 8 bits [i'm not even kidding, these are the real terms]) per a unit of time (usually seconds). This comes down to how many wires are involved, the length of the wires, how many sets of wires, how much interference there is, etc. In reality, your connection ends up actually being a combination of max bytes per packet and round-trip time. Your round-trip time varies constantly, and is a measure of time to transfer a single packet of a specific size. Occasionally, a packet can "get lost" and there's a "timeout" before it tries sending the same packet again hoping that it doesn't get lost. Lost packets are among the main causes of connection dropping. A game with could easily have a packet that gets lost for 20 seconds before giving up and trying again (i actually have a program that went 5 minutes). Sometimes, this code could be part of the console. Generally, coders don't know how bad their timeouts are without feedback. Most experienced FPS and fighting game devs will write custome UDP code, but many small time devs might prefer to use TCP, which is when these issues become even more apparent. How well you can get away with this depends on the type of game/program as well as the userbase. The connection troubleshooting guide official for concernedApe suggests they're using both TCP and UDP, which, to me, is a huge red flag. I don't know what he's using the ports for, how he's managing a lost packet scenario, etc. I'm highly suspecting that the issue in most of these cases is a dropped wifi packet due to EM interference, which happens often enough that i've been very shocked at how stable my connections seem at times, even when they're in dire straights, because some coders are particularly good at hiding these issues, but in reality it's not something that comes to you over night.

You need something that connects similarly. If you're connected via wifi, you need to test your connection over wifi, with a laptop or a phone or tablet. With android, Termux is your friend for all sorts of needs. If you have that, let me know and i'll give you much better instructions, but if you're stuck with windows, like most people, do run CMD ("console" or "terminal") and type something like
Code:
ping -n 1000 google.com
, or while you're playing (even better) run
Code:
ping -t google.com
then hold down ctrl and press C to get it to stop pinging when you're done. The windows ping test is not very likely to catch all errors, but if you freeze up look at your computer screen real quick to see if it's giving any numbers above 50ms for time, then it definitely caught a connection error. If it said the packet was dropped or "lost," then you also know that dropping is an issue. The problem with this test on windows is, you can't send alot of packets really quickly.

Use the following code.
Code:
ping -i 0.2 -c 1000 -s 10232 [ENTER ROUTER IP HERE]
The 10232 is 10*1024-8 for 10 kilobyte packets. If you want to try a larger or smaller number, change the 10. If you have root, and even better thing to do is replace "-i 0.2" with "-f" and change "1000" after the "-c" to a much larger number. This would be a very comprehensive test of your network, and if you're having wifi issues, this would make them very apparent.

Obviously, this test needs to be run in all houses involved. For 2 people playing in the same house, not a problem. For 2 people playing over the internet, both people must run a test like this. And it's alot of data, so make sure this test is done over wifi and not a mobile plan that doesn't have "unlimited data."

Celluloid

Tiller
Hi all,

To start off, thanks for replying with the network explanation, information is key at this point, much appreciated. I tried what you've said with the ping test, however, ping stays completely stable if the freezing occurs, tried this for multiple freezes. Also, I tried playing with my friends on the same wifi connection in two different homes, somehow I'm the only one who's game is freezing. One of my friends bought the switch at the same time as me (2017) and the others have the newer version of the console, so this won't be it either. Docked mode or handheld mode also doesn't make any difference. Like you, I also still think this is somehow a network problem, that's why I ordered the usb to lan connector (still waiting for the arrival), to see if this will make any difference.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Hi all,

To start off, thanks for replying with the network explanation, information is key at this point, much appreciated. I tried what you've said with the ping test, however, ping stays completely stable if the freezing occurs, tried this for multiple freezes. Also, I tried playing with my friends on the same wifi connection in two different homes, somehow I'm the only one who's game is freezing. One of my friends bought the switch at the same time as me (2017) and the others have the newer version of the console, so this won't be it either. Docked mode or handheld mode also doesn't make any difference. Like you, I also still think this is somehow a network problem, that's why I ordered the usb to lan connector (still waiting for the arrival), to see if this will make any difference.
Another idea is to try going on multiplayer, host your game, connect to yourself, and then either go for a short walk or pull the plug on your router. Wait 30 seconds and see if the game freezes then, thus being able to reliably reproduce the issue while doing so. This, in particular, would narrow things down by ALOT. That said, there's also the chance the device would catch the loss of connection long (and kick you offline) faster than it would timeout for a lost packet. You could also unplug the internet from the router but stay near the router as a second test, as long as no one's using the internet for anything important in the house. However, unplugging the router/walking too far from it could still manifest a different reaction from the device and the code running on it.

The thing that's weird about your case in particular is that if you're alone in hosting mode, it still happens. However, that could be very specific to the switch or even how the game handles hosting (separate thread and connecting to this thread externally?). With the same base code running on the same machine, it should do the same thing unless you're doing something different or there's something different about your environment that's affecting it. The fact that it doesn't happen in single player tells me that it's the environment, which is weird, because you shouldn't be having troubles connecting to yourself. Unfortunately, i don't know enough about the underlying subsystem to really get to the meat of what precisely is happening. I know assembly for the machine in question (ARM), and i understand the involved protocols, but the amount of abstraction between unity engine (i think that's what they're using)'s beginning (and also Nintendo's OS, which is part of the equation in your situation) and the end of the interface is so great, i can only guess, and i can't even say this is necessarily a bug, but the issues with a localhost connect, to me, sounds like that much should be considered a bug, but without that bug, you'd assume nothing was wrong.

However, the issues occuring in different homes also messes with me. I definitely want to know what this one is. if you and your friends trust each other enough, start a new farm, just for testing so you don't ruin your existing farms intentionally trying to pass the time, and see if it happens to you when you're holding his/her switch and if it happens to them while holding your switch. It's a really weird idea, but if the issue starts happening specifically to you and it's independent of the switch, then it becomes a more isolatable issue.

Also, you'd think it'd be unrelated, but it's not: do you by chance keep a cellphone in your pocket while you're playing? There's just so many things that can cause EM issues. The pingtest is helpful, as it won't likely produce a false positive, but it *CAN* produce a false negative. A packet loss can happen at any time and just by dumb luck only affect 1 device disproportionately, hence why i posted multiple tests.

Celluloid

Tiller
Update on the tests:
- Unplugging power or walking away or unplugging internet, all didn't result in a freeze, but continued the game and then disconnected. Playing the gaming 'on the edge' of the connection also didn't make any differences.
- Tried the ping test on windows and with Termux on android, both didn't show any numbers above 50 or packet loss at the time of freezing.
- Turned off my cellphone and nearby devices, still freezing.
- We have a separate 2.4- and 5-Ghz connection. Tried both. This doesn't make any difference as well.
- I can't try the switching switches (haha) right now, will have to try that another time.

The difficult thing about this, is that I can't think of what's different between my situation and the rest of the people. Also the statement of the guy in the Reddit post was very interesting. Even a new Nintendo switch didn't resolve the issue.

Again, I appreciate the time you put in your answers and thinking along in solving this issue. I just saw another post on this forum on the 4 st of April this year [Online multiplayer lag on one device], which looks like the same issue.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Update on the tests:
- Unplugging power or walking away or unplugging internet, all didn't result in a freeze, but continued the game and then disconnected. Playing the gaming 'on the edge' of the connection also didn't make any differences.
- Tried the ping test on windows and with Termux on android, both didn't show any numbers above 50 or packet loss at the time of freezing.
- Turned off my cellphone and nearby devices, still freezing.
- We have a separate 2.4- and 5-Ghz connection. Tried both. This doesn't make any difference as well.
- I can't try the switching switches (haha) right now, will have to try that another time.

The difficult thing about this, is that I can't think of what's different between my situation and the rest of the people. Also the statement of the guy in the Reddit post was very interesting. Even a new Nintendo switch didn't resolve the issue.

Again, I appreciate the time you put in your answers and thinking along in solving this issue. I just saw another post on this forum on the 4 st of April this year [Online multiplayer lag on one device], which looks like the same issue.
At this point, it now looks less like an internet issue, because you've effectively ruled it out. The two different tests with the router should've reproduced the issue if it was a lost packet. The only way it could still be an internet issue is if there's a race condition with detection of dropped connection. We've pretty much ruled that out as much as possible, and need to start looking at more obscure potentials. The problem with buying a new switch is that if a certain line of switches has a particular problem, you could end up buying the same switch line again. You could easily have a bug that only affects one game. I had this problem on x86 where failure to use the finit could result in a FPU stack exception on one processor, but not another, and this exception wouldn't actually crash the software, but instead would make objects disappear. The only reason i figured this out was because I was the one making the game. Minor processor bug (or maybe it was windows handling it differently between minor versions of XP) that only came about 'cause i was using assembly, so most people who had the bug would never even know the bug existed.

However, i'd rather not go that route. Now we need to look for things like parental settings, dust in the vents, how you hold the thing (could you be causing overheating?), amount of software installed, etc. The goal should be to find a way to reproduce the problem so you can make it happen at will. The problem could be from within stardew, or even an ISR outside of stardew.

Celluloid

Tiller
The usb to lan adapter arrives tonight, I'll check if that will make any difference first. In the mean time I tried the game on the consoles storage itself and a SD card. There was also a new update for the switch, but this didn't fix it as well. Checking for corrupted data also didn't come up with anything.

To give more of an idea about the random freezes that occur, I included a video of the problem. Video conditions are in a new hosted multiplayer session, I'm the only one in the session. If the freezes occur in an event where the controller rumble activates, the rumble won't stop as well till the freeze ends. The only thing that's not freezing is the music.

EDIT: USB to LAN adapter did also not fix this issue unfortunately :(

Last edited:

kohlrak

Farmhand
The usb to lan adapter arrives tonight, I'll check if that will make any difference first. In the mean time I tried the game on the consoles storage itself and a SD card. There was also a new update for the switch, but this didn't fix it as well. Checking for corrupted data also didn't come up with anything.

To give more of an idea about the random freezes that occur, I included a video of the problem. Video conditions are in a new hosted multiplayer session, I'm the only one in the session. If the freezes occur in an event where the controller rumble activates, the rumble won't stop as well till the freeze ends. The only thing that's not freezing is the music.

EDIT: USB to LAN adapter did also not fix this issue unfortunately :(

This is the best i've seen on this site so far. Videos be great.

So what's interesting is that the freeze is very short lived, and sound effects did not stop, nor did the music. The sound effects were likely triggered before the freeze though. What this means to me is that it was a single thread, when the switch has 8 cores, if i recall correctly. The AI package stopped as well, so if the graphics are on a separate thread (no idea if this is the case or not), then it wasn't the graphics. The short wait tied with the fact that nothing else broke tells me this was some kind blocking i/o, which means disk read, networking, etc. Since another core was still playing music, this tells me that it likely did not originate from nintendo's OS.

Odd thing to ask, but it's starting to cross my mind given another user's issue on another platform. Is this always in the morning? Is it always in town? Does it ever happen on your farm, or is it always where the AI are present?

Celluloid

Tiller
It's completely random. It happens at any time, at any place, in any weather. There is no place where the problem didn't occur.

I also thought about the AI doing certain interactions. So I restarted my save file and walked around in the same place at the same time/day (where a freeze occurred), I did this 3 times, to see if it happens at a certain event. I also hang around the stardrop saloon on Friday, but nothing particular happened.

Another particular thing is the mine, if something was attacking me and the game froze, the game still registered the mobs going towards me and hitting me (since it resulted in HP loss after the freeze).

kohlrak

Farmhand
It's completely random. It happens at any time, at any place, in any weather. There is no place where the problem didn't occur.

I also thought about the AI doing certain interactions. So I restarted my save file and walked around in the same place at the same time/day (where a freeze occurred), I did this 3 times, to see if it happens at a certain event. I also hang around the stardrop saloon on Friday, but nothing particular happened.

Another particular thing is the mine, if something was attacking me and the game froze, the game still registered the mobs going towards me and hitting me (since it resulted in HP loss after the freeze).
The AI kept moving? It wasn't like above where a splash could've been predicted and simply played out? Could you get a recording of this actually happening? The more videos and information we have of things like this, the more we can narrow this down.

Celluloid

Tiller
Visually for me they weren't moving. I think what happened in the mine might be a result of the other people who were connected. Since their game is not freezing but continuing like normal. I have to get kinda 'lucky' for this specific event to happen at the right place at the right time. If it happens, I'll post it.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Visually for me they weren't moving. I think what happened in the mine might be a result of the other people who were connected. Since their game is not freezing but continuing like normal. I have to get kinda 'lucky' for this specific event to happen at the right place at the right time. If it happens, I'll post it.
Well, the interesting thing is, if you're game is freezing the way you say it's freezing, you're also loosing connection (occasionally) as a result of the freezing, right? If you're loosing connection, it means the game is giving up trying to keep the connection going, which means if other players are still going, you shouldn't be getting anything resulting from other players, 'cause the data's not getting through to begin with. What i'm trying to isolate is "what exactly is hanging?" I don't even know what all is on it's own thread. If you're seeing visual changes on the screen when this happens, it's not graphics that are hanging. If the internet thread is separate from the main thread (which i don't know if it is or not), you can experience players freezing, but the rest of the game continues without freezing (like what you see in most first person shooters when people teleport).

What i see right now on your screen is that music is continuing, so we can rule out music, as it's clearly on a separate thread. If your characters quit moving, but what you see on the screen changes, that means the graphics are not the problem (that doesn't include loading graphics from "disk"). If it's RAM, the game would likely crash. If you hear sound effects from getting hit while the game is frozen, that means it's not the AI logic bit, even if AI logic was frozen when you were the host ('cause they didn't teleport after it unfroze).

The hard part about helping people with this sort of issue, outside of the lack of access to the soruce (which i don't expect to get, as that's a bit much), is that, unless you have alot of experience with low-level programming, you don't know what details might or might not be important. To you, the fact that the music continued was not an important detail, but to me that's important information. Something like how much money you have might seem important to some, but unless you're experiencing an overflow error 'cause you have a 100+ year going and aren't spending your money, i don't foresee that being relevant, but you'll find people who would mention that before the music. That which happens prior to, during, and after the freezes is a big deal, as well as whether you were host or not when these things happened. Freezing while not being host can tell us things, too, because it would then imply that it's a calculation that is happening on your side and not the host's, so then we can narrow it down to things that your switch has to figure out that the host doesn't figure out for you.

Make sense? I want as many little things like taking damage while it's frozen, sound effects continuing, etc as i can get.

Last edited: