Unofficial mod updates

froot

Greenhorn
Hello! I was wondering if someone could possibly update this mod for me? ;nnn; I really need it!

Hi everyone! I’ve recently found an amazing mod that changes the job title of your character as well as what your land is called. However, with the most recent update it’s broken. It doesn’t show any errors in SMAPI either. In the beginning cutscene it’s shifted the characters into a hill & the only way to stop this is to remove the mod. I’ve tried contacting the author regarding this, but I’m not sure if they’ll be updating it. Could anyone try & upload an unofficial fix? If so, thank you! I’ll link the mod below!

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7107?tab=description
The mod author was just active on Nexus today so hopefully an update soon? If that's all that needs to be fixed it'd take like less than 5 minutes, but their permissions say others can't update.

blake12376

Newcomer
If someone could update this Tree Shaker mod and add mahogany and palm trees/seeds to it, I'd be very grateful. :blush:

Azure Fang

Tiller
Unofficial updates for:
Bed Tweaks - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/10023
Changes: - https://github.com/aedenthorn/StardewValleyMods/pull/123
Version 1:
- Compatibility with 1.6
- Generates textures at game launch, rather than editing bed rendering
- Config updates will only be reflected upon game restart
- Removes ability to adjust opacity
- I plan to add this back when I have time. Probably sometime next week.
Version 2:
- Undoes everything in version 1 (it was bad)
- Updates to 1.6 but without breaking things this time
- Implements a new pillow drawing algorithm so pillows are evenly spaced and the deluxe double bed pillows don't look weird
- Also tweaks the transparency algorithm to accommodate different styles of beds

Custom Spouse Patio Redux - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/10889
Changes: - https://github.com/aedenthorn/StardewValleyMods/pull/124
- Compatibility with 1.6
- Fixes an issue where pressing the reload data button in the patio wizard crashed the game

Custom Spouse Rooms - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/10029
Changes: - https://github.com/aedenthorn/StardewValleyMods/pull/125
- Compatibility with 1.6
- To avoid an error, only updates spouse rooms on save load
- If you propose to an npc, you must exit to menu and then reload the save for their room to show up
- Before this change, proposing to an npc and then entering the house just crashed the game

I also made updates for Free Love and Hugs and Kisses, but other people beat me to it and their updates are as good as if not better than mine. I am currently working on an update for Wedding Tweaks. I'm about halfway done - the game doesn't crash and you can ask for witnesses, but the witnesses aren't at the wedding. I'll probably continue working on mods sometime Tuesday. Edit: I am no longer doing that. When I wrote this, I did not know about PolyamorySweet.
Any chance you'd still be willing to update Wedding Tweaks? PolyamorySweet is starting to veer towards new content and has a number of bugs that the constituent mods did not and that unofficial updates do not have.

chuggz

Greenhorn

Attachments

Last edited:

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
Anyone know MaxMakesMods (Max Vollmer)? I think Deep Woods (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2571?tab=posts) is the only mod I have left waiting for a 1.6 update. Max has turned off comments and hasn't updated since March 20th, would love to know what his progress is on the update.

Also, are all the unofficial mods you fine folks have created been updated on the SMAPI Compatibility page (https://smapi.io/mods) so I can make sure I have the most recent version?

Thanks.
I mean, this is all the information you need
1713562525969.png

tomatedelflow

Greenhorn
Does anybody know if the mod Quality fish ponds can be updated? the author isn't active anymore but the code is open source, and I really miss the functionality of that mod, I can put in the effort if someone can point to a tutorial on how to update. Thanks everyone in advance!

FlyingTNT

Farmhand
Any chance you'd still be willing to update Wedding Tweaks? PolyamorySweet is starting to veer towards new content and has a number of bugs that the constituent mods did not and that unofficial updates do not have.
Probably not in the short-term because they are at least being maintained to some extent. I want to focus on mods that nobody else is doing.

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
Does someone have the update for "Free Love"?
That is currently known as PolySweet, or on smapi.io there's a link to Free Love's unofficial, which hasn't been updated for a bit.

(For those who have previously commented on it - yes, I know PolySweet has added some stuff that isn't part of the unofficials. At present, until someone "two cakes" the remainder of the missing mods - Free Love being actively maintained, Wedding Tweaks which needs a full rewrite for 1.6, and an operational Bed Tweaks, since Hugs and Kisses, Custom Spouse Rooms, and either Custom Spouse Patio Redux (FlyingTNT's) or SinZ's Several Spouse Spots (a fantastic replacement that works with multiplayer) all have unofficials actively maintained on Nexus - until those are done, however, there isn't a viable alternative at present that still maintains each part of the suite. It's also possible that PolySweet may revert the changes. As such, please be patient for updates for either it or new unofficials from different authors.)

Dyanosis

Tiller
Hello! I was wondering if someone could possibly update this mod for me? ;nnn; I really need it!

I'd recommend Forage Fantasy - Tapper and Mushroom Cave Quality and more since it affects tappers and other things (like the mushroom boxes). Most, of it is configurable (like how many days the tappers take).

Dyanosis

Tiller
That is currently known as PolySweet, or on smapi.io there's a link to Free Love's unofficial, which hasn't been updated for a bit.

(For those who have previously commented on it - yes, I know PolySweet has added some stuff that isn't part of the unofficials. At present, until someone "two cakes" the remainder of the missing mods - Free Love being actively maintained, Wedding Tweaks which needs a full rewrite for 1.6, and an operational Bed Tweaks, since Hugs and Kisses, Custom Spouse Rooms, and either Custom Spouse Patio Redux (FlyingTNT's) or SinZ's Several Spouse Spots (a fantastic replacement that works with multiplayer) all have unofficials actively maintained on Nexus - until those are done, however, there isn't a viable alternative at present that still maintains each part of the suite. It's also possible that PolySweet may revert the changes. As such, please be patient for updates for either it or new unofficials from different authors.)
That's PolyamorySweet, to be clear. Also, the mod author for PolyamorySweet is working on making everything compatible with the idea of Free Love and its companion mods. You can also disable/remove any parts that you don't want. The problem is it's hard to build a mod that other mods will just work with when it's a C# mod. You need a lot of event tie-ins, most times... and even if you don't, you still want some way for one mod to reference another.

The author of PolyamorySweet has said that she's trying to make everything compatible, but many of the other "redux"/"unofficial updates" are not properly working because they still depend on things that aren't needed or aren't coded the same way (because of how 1.6 changed the landscape).

Dyanosis

Tiller
"Starting to veer towards"? You mean taking a break from trying to squash every bug imaginable? They have literally been more responsive than any other mod author I've seen and very receptive to ideas on how to fix bugs. They've pushed out so many bug fixes and reverted things to work more like vanilla plenty.

Also, can you define "a number of bugs"? How many? What are they? Have you reported them? Is it just single player or multiplayer? My gf and I both play in a multiplayer game with all that PolyamorySweet has to offer and we've only encountered a couple bugs (literally 2) that are so easy to work around until they, aka ApryllForever, takes the time to address.

When you consider how many weeks, not months, weeks, it's been since 1.6's release and Free Love not being viable anymore, I'm surprised that they took the time to:
  1. Update Free Love to even work with 1.6
  2. Package all of the "constituent mods" into one neat package so we don't need to look for and/or wait for multiple authors to update the individual parts
  3. Be super response - and I mean replying to nearly every single post. In fact I don't know of a post they hasn't replied to at this point. And she's got a job outside of modding... weird, it's it?
  4. Address any and all bugs and potential "unintended features". This includes implementing something she thought was better for compatibility before figuring out how to make it work the vanilla way and reverting it back (and then making it configurable).
  5. Just now, a month after 1.6 released, start adding any actual "new" stuff (like the new Mermaid Shop).
Heaven forbid that a mod author be allowed to take a break from trying to fix every bug and read every single post to do something they have probably had in their mind for awhile (in this case, making it easier to obtain any of the date/marriage/roommate items in one place and without the need for special conditions, like rain on the beach on a non-festival day). The only other "new feature" they added is adding a new flower that you can give your spouse to set which spouse is your main.

Not that I'm trying to be confrontational, but it's so annoying to see people make crude, no-evidence assumptions about what a mod/person is or is not doing. 1.6 released on March 19th. Today, April 19th, is literally the 1 month mark of its release.

Besides... what's wrong with a mod author wanting to add some content in between bug fixes? Might it cause even more bugs? Maybe. But wouldn't adding new mods also make it possible to cause more bugs? Also maybe. So no matter what, there's a chance for bugs and the need for more bug fixes.

If you have a suggestion for what you'd like Apryll to work on for PolyamorySweet (like if there's a really annoying/game-breaking bug you'd like her to address), then post a comment in the Posts section like the rest of us. Or, better, post a Bug in the Bugs section. They literally reply same day, most days. What more could you ask for?

And the best part - SDV is playable without Wedding Tweaks or anything. And you only have to get married to each character once. Then it doesn't matter. So even if anyone fixes Wedding Tweaks, you'll never notice unless you make a whole new save just to have that experience.

Lastly - it's called patience. Just because someone has decided to implement something new for one update instead of doing some bug fixes doesn't mean they are "[veering] towards new content". Dabbling, MAYBE.

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
That's PolyamorySweet, to be clear. Also, the mod author for PolyamorySweet is working on making everything compatible with the idea of Free Love and its companion mods. You can also disable/remove any parts that you don't want. The problem is it's hard to build a mod that other mods will just work with when it's a C# mod. You need a lot of event tie-ins, most times... and even if you don't, you still want some way for one mod to reference another.

The author of PolyamorySweet has said that she's trying to make everything compatible, but many of the other "redux"/"unofficial updates" are not properly working because they still depend on things that aren't needed or aren't coded the same way (because of how 1.6 changed the landscape).
I should be clear. I am fully aware it's Polyamory Sweet, PolySweet is shorthand and was even used by Apryll herself on the Discord, so I tend to use it. I've done testing for it so that it could be released in a semi-functional state on 1.6 release, and finally, I personally linked it on Free Love's page the day 1.6 came out, and that is still there. I'm not trying to be rude or, as your long post to Azure indicates, trying to attack it. I am fully aware of the effort and otherwise that it requires to maintain.

I am also stating that adding content that others did not desiring in what was ostensibly an unofficial update would ruffle feathers, regardless of who you are - requiring it on top of an update to a vastly requested mod is probably not a great idea without making it user-visible on how to disable particular parts a la a config. Additionally, the Stardew Valley community endorses the concept of "two cakes", meaning that two authors can create the same concept in different ways. Ergo, to the person who was asking, it was a mention of "hey, I get you might want a different thing, but right now it's the only game in town. If you want something different, either you will have to wait or program it yourself." (And you should never discourage that, either. Two cake mods should be encouraged, not restricted.)

Please do not assume people's motivations or assume malice when it is simply different information. I am not hating on - since you decided to bold it, I will bold back the shorthand - PolySweet . What I am doing is mentioning that if it is bundled with something people don't want, then from a mod author perspective you should add a config to enable or disable it rather than require removing folders, and from a user perspective if people want something different, they should two cake it themselves.

Last edited:

Azure Fang

Tiller
"Starting to veer towards"? You mean taking a break from trying to squash every bug imaginable? They have literally been more responsive than any other mod author I've seen and very receptive to ideas on how to fix bugs. They've pushed out so many bug fixes and reverted things to work more like vanilla plenty.

Also, can you define "a number of bugs"? How many? What are they? Have you reported them? Is it just single player or multiplayer? My gf and I both play in a multiplayer game with all that PolyamorySweet has to offer and we've only encountered a couple bugs (literally 2) that are so easy to work around until they, aka ApryllForever, takes the time to address.

When you consider how many weeks, not months, weeks, it's been since 1.6's release and Free Love not being viable anymore, I'm surprised that they took the time to:
  1. Update Free Love to even work with 1.6
  2. Package all of the "constituent mods" into one neat package so we don't need to look for and/or wait for multiple authors to update the individual parts
  3. Be super response - and I mean replying to nearly every single post. In fact I don't know of a post they hasn't replied to at this point. And she's got a job outside of modding... weird, it's it?
  4. Address any and all bugs and potential "unintended features". This includes implementing something she thought was better for compatibility before figuring out how to make it work the vanilla way and reverting it back (and then making it configurable).
  5. Just now, a month after 1.6 released, start adding any actual "new" stuff (like the new Mermaid Shop).
Heaven forbid that a mod author be allowed to take a break from trying to fix every bug and read every single post to do something they have probably had in their mind for awhile (in this case, making it easier to obtain any of the date/marriage/roommate items in one place and without the need for special conditions, like rain on the beach on a non-festival day). The only other "new feature" they added is adding a new flower that you can give your spouse to set which spouse is your main.

Not that I'm trying to be confrontational, but it's so annoying to see people make crude, no-evidence assumptions about what a mod/person is or is not doing. 1.6 released on March 19th. Today, April 19th, is literally the 1 month mark of its release.

Besides... what's wrong with a mod author wanting to add some content in between bug fixes? Might it cause even more bugs? Maybe. But wouldn't adding new mods also make it possible to cause more bugs? Also maybe. So no matter what, there's a chance for bugs and the need for more bug fixes.

If you have a suggestion for what you'd like Apryll to work on for PolyamorySweet (like if there's a really annoying/game-breaking bug you'd like her to address), then post a comment in the Posts section like the rest of us. Or, better, post a Bug in the Bugs section. They literally reply same day, most days. What more could you ask for?

And the best part - SDV is playable without Wedding Tweaks or anything. And you only have to get married to each character once. Then it doesn't matter. So even if anyone fixes Wedding Tweaks, you'll never notice unless you make a whole new save just to have that experience.

Lastly - it's called patience. Just because someone has decided to implement something new for one update instead of doing some bug fixes doesn't mean they are "[veering] towards new content". Dabbling, MAYBE.
That's unnecessarily defensive. There's nothing wrong with the author adding new content. I even said so in my comment on PS's Nexus page. But it was originally spread around as an unofficial update to Free Love, Custom Spouse Rooms, Hugs and Kisses, Bed Tweaks, and Wedding Tweaks. The new content that was added was integrated directly into one of the core replacement mods and is thus not optional, steering it away from the original advertised intent, the new content is confirmed to be incompatible with certain other mods, and some issues with other portions of the mod (specifically spouse rooms) have been mentioned in vague terms as being possibly related to other incompatibilities. More power to the author, but that's not what a lot of people were told would be happening when they were pointed to PS back in March and most certainly not what I wanted the mod for. Nowhere did I, or anyone else for that matter, say nothing is being done. All that was said was that there are unaddressed bugs and there's new content being added that wasn't part of the original set of mods.

Meanwhile, Custom Spouse Rooms Continued has fixed the spouse room issue that still persists in PS, and unofficials of Free Love, Hugs and Kisses, and Bed Tweaks are all fully functional in 1.6.4 with the exact same hooks that PS uses, meaning that users wanting a more vanilla experience can safely uninstall PS and install the unofficials, getting almost the same experience but with zero new or unexpected content. The only part that hasn't been revisited outside of PS is Wedding Tweaks, and that's literally all I asked for.

FarmerChris

Greenhorn
Actually, I went ahead and tinkered around with the Leveling Adjustments files, and think I have a version now which can successfully adjust
Mastery point
gain as well as regular skill experience. I opted to just circumvent the vanilla games calculation for those, and so added some more settings to the config.json for the user to manually adjust them just like with regular skill experience, instead of using vanilla's flat 0.5x multiplier for all of them (appears to be a bug as the 1.6.4 patch notes state that should only be done for
Farming Mastery points.)

I went ahead and added in integration with Generic Mod Config Menu with detailed descriptions/tooltip for the various settings as well. It seems to work so far in my tests, but of course could be missing something. I'm not really up to speed with github but I can supply the (probably sloppy) code I used if that's at all helpful.
Hey that's great, I'll download and test it. If you send me the code I could upload it to GitHub, I could put the compiled version up there too so it's we easier for people to get to?

Zydar C.

Tiller
Anyone know MaxMakesMods (Max Vollmer)? I think Deep Woods (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2571?tab=posts) is the only mod I have left waiting for a 1.6 update. Max has turned off comments and hasn't updated since March 20th, would love to know what his progress is on the update.

Also, are all the unofficial mods you fine folks have created been updated on the SMAPI Compatibility page (https://smapi.io/mods) so I can make sure I have the most recent version?

Thanks.
I've spoken to them, they're working on the mod, but are feeling under pressure. I told them not to worry but to take all the time they need, as long as the finished mod works as best as possible.

Beanieweens

Cowpoke

Thanks.
They are actively working on this. They have even streamed themselves updating the mod. It’s a complicated mod so it’s going to take some time